shape
carat
color
clarity

My purchase from Abazias

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

acf135

Rough_Rock
Hello, I just thought I''d Share my buying experience with everyone. Last Wednesday I went ahead and purchased a diamond from Abazias. They were very helpful and courteous and willing to answer any questions. Every email and phone call was promptly returned. They even helped me out on a Sunday morning! The diamond was supposd to be in last Saturday, 6/14 but it never came. The shipping company made a mistake and it didn’t ship out until then. They then said the diamond would be in on Tuesday, 6/17, however, it didn’t come then either. At this point I was very worried and skeptical of what I had gotten myself into. They assured me everything was ok and they’ve never had a problem like this before. They even refunded me the shipping cost of $100. I guess the diamond was held up in customs or something, probably not even Abazias’ fault. Refunding the shipping charge was beyond what was necessary. The diamond finally came yesterday and it was spectacular. It was everything they sold it as, it even showed a perfect H&A pattern. My jeweler, a family friend and GIA gemologist, said they diamond was an extremely clean SI1 and could have even been a VS2.

acf135

Rough_Rock
cont...

I am very happy with my purchase and very pleased at the level of customer service abazias provided. At times I was skeptical thinking that “if something’s sounds too good to be true, it probably is”. In the end though I feel as though I got an incredible deal from a great company. Thanks Abazias!

Round Brilliant Cut
AGS Certificate
7.26 x 7.3 x 4.52 mm
1.48 Carats
I color
SI1 Clarity
Depth % 62.1
Table % 56
Crown Angle 34.6
Pavilion Angle 41
Polish Ideal
Symmetry Ideal
Culet Pointed
Fluorescence None
Girdle Faceted 1.2%-2.2%
Price - $6245

PS Please let me know how I did, I think this was a great deal, but if you think otherwise please let me know.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Looks like you did very well.

A side note for future purchases....you could have saved about $150 if you'd mentioned you were a pricescope customer. Abazius lists their price on this very diamond as $6,101 for pricescope customers.

However, very slight difference. Very nice diamond.

acf135

Rough_Rock
I actually did get it at that price, just had to add 2.3% for using a credit card. No big deal, I just thought it was safer that way.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!!!
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif

Sounds a veeeeeeeerrrrrrrrry nice stone at a grrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeat price!!
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

Abazias

Rough_Rock

Wow, that was not fun waiting for the package to go through customs at JFK airport.Like I said before, maybe it will be a funny story to tell your fiancé’ about her diamond.I wish you both the best in the future and hope to hear from you when your fifth anniversary rolls around!

/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]> /www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>

Thanks a Million!

Felicia

10.gif

TheDiamondangel

Shiny_Rock
I'm glad to hear of a good experience with them; we are currently working with Oscar to get my dream pear. So far, my interactions with him have been very encouraging. But thanks to some raw dealings with other, less scrupulous dealers, I won't be able to rest easily until that stone is set and sitting on my hand.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Hi Diamond Angel,

so you're getting that VS 2 M(?) pear?

TheDiamondangel

Shiny_Rock
Yes!
love.gif

My round is currently at GIA getting a cert, and we will be trading it in for the 2.62 carat pear. Oscar has gotten the stone in at his place, and has it on hold for us. This is the setting (shown in white metal, but we'll be getting it in yellow gold) that I am seriously contemplating putting the stone in. The stone is warm, and if I put it in platinum it would make the stone look strange and the platinum looks flat next to it. A yellow gold setting (with a platinum head) would compliment the stone's warmth rather than fight with it. I've never had a matched bridal set, and my husband's wedding band is a 5 mm comfort fit band with milgrain edge. I want to have a bridal set that coordinates with his ring. Also, since that pear is what even I consider to be rather large (12.79 x 7.55), I don't want a lot of glitz...just a hint of sparkle to the shank and matching band. What do you think?

04C.jpg

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I'm soooooo glad for you! You were so in love with that diamond!!
1.gif
1.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif

The setting is verrrrrry nice and elegant, thin enough to show off how big is the diamond and the combo white/yellow will be perfect. Personally, I like those warm colors set in white gold too. I think that since you're getting the setting, you should get the weddind band too. Keep in mind that if you don't get it, should you change your mind and want a wedding band, it may not be too easy to find!
So get both!
9.gif

DON'T FORGET PICTURES!
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

ps. What about a thin, dainty eternity band? On fay cullen's site the are some very nice ones, that won't distract from the beauty of your diamond. But I think it'll be more difficult to get one in yellow gold.
Let us know what you decide!

TheDiamondangel

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I would definately get the e-ring and matching band at the same time! I would also recommend to anyone getting engaged to get the matching band to your e-ring at the time of purchase. It's a nightmare to try to match up a fancy solitare to a band if you don't buy the engagement ring with the wedding band in mind. I found that out when we did the custom mounting with Tradeshop. After spending $1,800 and 6 months to make it, I'm going to be putting the setting on ebay. That's why I'm getting a matched set this time!

And as for eternity bands - I like the look, but it's just not practical for my lifestyle. As it is, I know my (future) pear will sit in the ring holder many times through out the day due to me not wanting to get it dirty or banged around. An eternity band would really get abused!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I see!
Then get the ring and the wedding band.
1.gif
They are both very beautiful and classic.
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif

And what a beautiful diamond!
1.gif

TheDiamondangel

Shiny_Rock
This is a really close pic taken of the stone by Oscar. The stone does not look this yellow in real life; the lighting makes it look like this. But it's a great shot showing the cut off.

largeshot.jpg

TheDiamondangel

Shiny_Rock
This is just a setting that they had put the stone on to show how it looks against yellow gold. I think it looks much better against yellow than white metal.

yellow.jpg

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Mel, it looks like the diamond has arrows in the 9 and 3 o'clock positions.

TheDiamondangel

Shiny_Rock
I believe that would be what is called the bowtie effect. It's a trait that is found in marquise, pears and ovals. The bowtie is not that noticeable in person. The cut and polish on this stone is VG/VG.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Diamond Angel... I'm soooooooooooooooooooo envious!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

What a gorgeous stone!!!!!
1.gif

It has a beautiful sandy color!
1.gif

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Giangi.
I would use white gold, but it's only my opinion...
You are so lucky!!!!!!

TheDiamondangel

Shiny_Rock
This is how it looks in white metal. I absolutely love platinum and white gold, and don't own any yellow gold rings, but I'm just worried that the M color is going to be combative with a white metal. Opinions greatfully welcomed!!!

white.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful and huge! Interesting about the partial bowtie...seems like most pears have at least a partial but the prominent bowties are not desirable. How do you feel about it? I forget the history of this stone...did you just buy it?

IMO I wouldn't set it in white metal, it makes the color in the stone very obvious. Even in the yellow gold you can see the warmness of the stone--so I would definitely set it in yellow gold for it to absorb some of the color.....though I'm not normally a fan of YG.

Good luck!
1.gif

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
My opinion, of course !
It's much more beautiful on white gold than yellow...
And without sidestones...
:)

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
DA

I have to agree with Stephan, I like it better in white, and no sidestones.

win

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Diamondangel,

I agree with yellow gold with a platinum or white gold head. I like the contrast between the yellow gold and the diamonds. WOW, what a rock! Please post pictures when it is set.

Diamondlil

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
As I already told ya, I love the look of J-M stones in white gold. I don't know why, but they look so beautiful!!!!!
BTW, that stone has a very slight bowtie! Nothing to worry about too much!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results