shape
carat
color
clarity

My proposal will not be a proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gemdandy

Shiny_Rock
Well, it''s a shame if someone gave away your lil secret
2.gif
but she''ll never suspect the way in which it will be presented.

Is the ring arriving tomorrow?
36.gif

terceslil

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Yes, the ring arrives tomorrow. I already called Fedex and told them that I will not be home to sign for the ring, and that I want to pick it up from Fedex. I have class until 11, so I should have it about 12. I'm going to try to get pics and post them when I get to work. (I leave school, then go to work.)

I am very eager to get the ring. I hope it is as spectacular as it looks online.

edit:
I read the tutorial on taking pics of diamonds, and feel I stand a pretty good chance to get some good shots. (I usually shoot football games with my Canon S4 IS.) But, I won't have any imaging software at work, so I will have to post the pics when I get home. The pics will be too large to upload to pricescope forums without cropping and resizing. I don't want to put the pictures in my photobucket. She might stumble across the pics if I put them in the photobucket.

Totally unrelated, but a question that may somehow be relevant. I got a call from my jeweler today saying that the ring I dropped off is ready. It is a braided rose, yellow, and white gold band. It is very nice. I had it at the jewelers because the band had my ex's name engraved in it. (She gave it to me but I never wore it, so it is like brand new.) I dropped it off at the jewelers because I had the etching buffed out. Would it be appropriate to wear the band or should I stick it back in the jewelry box?

gemdandy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/3/2010 10:31:19 PM
Author: terceslil
Yes, the ring arrives tomorrow. I already called Fedex and told them that I will not be home to sign for the ring, and that I want to pick it up from Fedex. I have class until 11, so I should have it about 12. I''m going to try to get pics and post them when I get to work. (I leave school, then go to work.)

I am very eager to get the ring. I hope it is as spectacular as it looks online.
Okay, so we''ll look for pics around 12:05.
36.gif

gemdandy

Shiny_Rock
Regarding your previous question, how would your partner feel about you wearing it? Was it a commitment ring? Does it remind you of your ex? It really all depends on what kind of significance the ring holds for you.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Does she know who gave you the ring?

terceslil

Shiny_Rock
Trade
The ring does not have a lot of significance. I like the design. I don't think she knows who gave it to me. The reason I like the rose, white, and gold design is because before my father died he gave me his father's wedding band. I lost it when I was running one day. It was rose gold - they called it rose rolled gold because it was rolled with yellow or white gold (I forget)... so it does kind of make me think of my father. I does not make me think of my ex.

I took some pics of the rings. The ring came in!

IMG_1381ab.JPG

IMG_1318a.JPG

IMG_1324a.JPG

IMG_1347a.JPG

IMG_1323a.JPG

tworingsIMG_1352a.JPG

terceslil

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I wish I would have gotten some better pictures

IMG_1374ab.JPG

IMG_1377a.JPG

IMG_1319a.JPG

babycush

Shiny_Rock
Trade
GORGEOUS pictures!!
30.gif
30.gif

terceslil

Shiny_Rock
Trade
This is the band in question.

The history: my last gf and I picked out matching bands. We never wore them. The only light of day that they have ever seen is in the jewelry store. I bought her a diamond ring and did sort of a proposal, but we never had a ceremony. In fact, only a couple months after she moved in with me, we broke up. I realized she was crazy.

Seems like consensus says to not wear the ring. I''d hate to see it on Craigslist, but if I must, I must.

bandonflower.JPG

terceslil

Shiny_Rock
Trade
another pic

bandwrg.JPG

gemdandy

Shiny_Rock
Your GF''s ring is beautiful! I love the stone - so sparkly!
36.gif

The band ring you show is also nice. I really like the three colors together. I once saw a ring that was really cool - it had one row of yellow gold with yellow diamonds, then a white gold band with white diamonds and then a rose gold band with chocolate diamonds. (I hope to replicate it some day.
2.gif
) As for you wearing it, I''d wait a couple of weeks after you''ve given her her ring and then talk with her about it. If she''s fine with it, then there would be no reason for you not to wear it. However, as I said, I''d wait a few weeks - her ring will be the major focus for a quite some time!
1.gif

terceslil

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I don''t plan on wearing it immediately after I give her the ring. I do not want her to feel obligated to give me a ring after I give her a ring.

She is going to treat me to a cruise after I graduate. I should get my BA in May. No need for her to spring for a ring and a cruise. If this band is just taking up space, then I can wear it... I suppose as long as it doesn''t cause any problems.

PLUS she already gave me a ring. No need at all for her to feel obligated to give me a ring.

More pics...

terceslilIMG_1377.JPG

terceslilIMG_1374.JPG

reader

Brilliant_Rock
You chose well, it is a pretty and proportional ring. I would ask her about the band...but I have the feeling she would rather see it on the right hand and not the left, especially if you tell her about it reminding you of your dad''s band.

(Side note: I wear a wide rose gold band on my left hand that we found at an antique store while looking for scrap gold to make our wedding rings from, I wear the band a lot...so there are rose gold bands out there...maybe one with a princess diamond or two to match the theme of Carla''s ring would be appropriate?)

terceslil

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Our antique shops are outrageous. I'll keep that in mind, though. Shortly after I lost the ring I went on a hunt for a rose rolled gold ring but I couldn't find any locally that were reasonable.

terceslil

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Oh crap!

She just called me. She got the chocolates EARLY. They were supposed to be delivered on Monday and they delivered them today.

I guess we are doing the NONproposal today.

Boy, I have all the luck!

gemdandy

Shiny_Rock
Crud. Well, those could have been "Happy Friday" chocolates, right?

Are you planning on casually saying, "Want to take a look at the website I designed for Women''s Day? It''s due on Monday."

gemdandy

Shiny_Rock
Ooh.....does this mean we may see handshots by tomorrow?
26.gif

terceslil

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I am making reservations to the Melting Pot this evening. I guess I will wait for her to get home from work and email the website to her. I might tell her I designed it. I might tell her they are having a design contest that she should enter. (She''s a graphic designer.) When she opens it, I will tell her to click on the "artist" link. I''m trying to figure out if there is a way that I can catch it on camera. I think it will be neat if I could.

Hand pics likely by tomorrow.

terceslil

Shiny_Rock
Trade
As soon as she got the ring, she started calling everyone! I''ll get a better hand pic when she can detach herself from the phone.

terceslilIMG_1303.jpg

reader

Brilliant_Rock
YES! (And finally someone on here with nails almost as short as mine!)

terceslil

Shiny_Rock
Trade
More hand shots as promised. Not the best, but better than last night's photos (I think). She was on the phone and texting all night! She was very surprised by the website. She sent a lot of picture mail. Apparently when she got the ring, she lost a $100 bet. She and a co-worker bet that I would hold out until 2011. So, accepting the ring cost her $100.

terceslilIMG_1319.jpg

terceslilIMG_1312.jpg

terceslilIMG_1314.jpg

terceslilIMG_1310.jpg

terceslilIMG_1320a.jpg

terceslilIMG_1320.jpg

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2010 9:24:12 AM
Author: terceslil
So, accepting the ring cost her $100.
LOL! I suspect she felt it was worth it.
31.gif

Sooooo, are you going to give us blow by blow of the proposal?

reader

Brilliant_Rock
You HAVE to give us the details. I love the fact she lost a bet.

terceslil

Shiny_Rock
Trade
When I got home from work, I had to wait until she left from work to send the email with the link before I sent the email (I didn't want her to open it at work.) So, I called and asked if she was on her way home, then I sent an email:

Subject: Fwd: Logo contest on International Working Women's Day website

**Link removed by moderator. No links to personal blogs allowed**

When she got home, I told her to check her email because I sent a link to a logo contest. She started her daily routine of feeding the dogs, and when she came back I told her that she needs to go ahead and check the email because I don't know when the cut off is for the deadline is to submit a logo. She checked her email and was saying that if the deadline was the next day that she could not get a logo submitted in time. I told her that I didn't know what time the deadline was, but she needed to look.

So, she opened the email, and started looking for the link that told her about the details of the logo contest. When she clicked the link, she was very quiet. She read the page and said, "Is this for me?"

I acted like I didn't know what she was talking about, and said, "I don't know, what are you looking at?" So, I came and sat down next to her, and she was still reading the 1st page. She took a long time to read each page. It was like she had to keep reading each page because she didn't believe it was really happening. Then, when she got to the page when the movie of the ring played, she just kept watching it. She said, "how long does it do that?" I said, "you can hit next".

She was crying at the end. She did not know that was her ring in the movie. I think she thought I just took a video of some rings. She thought I was too cheap to buy the ring she saw in the video on the website (finally got her to admit that today).

While she had the last page pulled up, I bought the big presentation box, so she had to open the big box to get to the ring box. It was kind of fun having her open the big box to get to the ring box. When she saw the ring, she said, "this is mine?" "this is for me?"

I told her "yes, it is yours."

We hugged. She was very excited, and still crying. She said, "does this mean I'm taken?" I laughed. She's known for a long time she is taken.

Then she asked me if it was okay if she made some phone calls. She started calling and texting everybody. She didn't tell her sister on the phone. We went over to her sister's house. She showed her sister and her gf the website and told them the story, and showed them the ring. Her sister was kind of mad and powty. Her sister's girlfriend has been wanting a ring for years. (They've been together about 10 years.)

We all went out to eat. Her sister's gf was checking out the ring the entire time, I think.

She still is very excited about the ring. She said the ring was very uncharacteristic of me, namely because I'm cheap. She said she would have been happy with any ring. I got her to admit that if she would have got just ANY ring that she would not have been taking pictures with her phone and sending it to everybody.

I guess that speaks volumes.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Total. Win. This makes my day. You should let her see this thread. :)

terceslil

Shiny_Rock
Trade
She might be reading this thread. She posted this pic on her facebook:

terceslilIMG_1320a.jpg

I didn't email the picture to her. I showed her the ASET image from this thread: A couple of questions about getting a diamond and a setting

(ASET image)
ADS-5329aset.jpg

But I also posted the picture of the ring on her hand there (in RockyTalky), too. So, she got the picture from either this thread or the other thread.

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE your ring. But if you decide not to wear it I have found several inexpensive rose gold bands on eBay.

terceslil

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Here's my gf's latest pic of the ring that she put on facebook:

14124_109810412363696_100000042140196_245789_4875110_n.jpg

Told you she was artsy.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a great story! I think you totally surprised her in the best way ever. And nope, I don''t think she would be taking pictures and texting them to people if it was just "any" ring
2.gif

(re: the link. there are pretty strict rules about posting links to personal webs.blogs etc here. It is to protect members'' privacy, and the mods enforce it no matter what.)

babycush

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Wonderful proposal story!!

Since you''ve gotten her to admit a few things already, I wonder if/when she will admit to lurking on this thread! (
35.gif
to terceslil''s lady
2.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results