shape
carat
color
clarity

My promise ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

happyfeet1988

Shiny_Rock
I just wanted to post pictures of my ring. It''s actually a long story of how I ended up with this ring. Last summer, when I was stupid and knew nothing about diamonds, I picked out a ring from a "Maul Store". It was a haloed princess cut ring, but the center stone was made up of about 16 invisible set diamonds instead of a solid center stone. It would have been cute if it was a solid stone, but the diamonds were not the best quality. So, I had the ring for about 4 months when I noticed the square was almost shifting. We took it to the independent jewelry store where all my other jewelry is from (and my engagement ring), and they said that a ring like that shouldnt be worn every day, and there was actually glue holding the center stones together. Me and my boyfriend were horrified, and immediately called the store we got it from. They offered us an exchange, so reluctantly we went and picked a new ring out. It is .38 ct princess cut solitaire, but it was set in yellow gold, which is not my favorite. So for Valentine''s Day, my boyfriend had it set in a white gold X-prong from our normal jeweler. It was listed as I1, but our jeweler says its just a very poorly cut stone, and more like an SI1. I know it doesn''t compare to all the beautiful ideal cut stones i drool over, but i love it just the same. I just can''t wait to get my awesome e-ring!

101_0245.jpg

happyfeet1988

Shiny_Rock
another, sorry they''re so big

101_0251.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a gorgeous promise ring!!! I love it in the x prong.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous and it large enough to be an e-ring!! I love the setting, sleek and gorgeous!

happyfeet1988

Shiny_Rock
Thank you both for such nice comments. In the back of my mind, i was scared to post it because it''s not the best stone, but that''s silly.

brgirl

Shiny_Rock
It''s very pretty - dainty! Love the setting!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
My original e-ring was .21 ct, and who knows what the cut or color was? The jeweler told us it was an A+, and being college students, we thought that was the best! Didn''t know about AAA+++ and so on. This was before the current grading system.

My point is, I happily wore that diamond for many years. Enjoy what you have, the years will pass, and one day it will be time for some new jewelry!
36.gif

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that looks bigger than a 0.38 on your hand! Enjoy!!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I love the X prong. What a great size too.
36.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
That looks beautiful! I love the profile. Hey where were promise rings when I was young??? I had to wait for the e-ring which for me was only a .3ct. I thought it was the biggest rock and wore it with pride for 10 years. I still love it. It''s not the size that matters.... (at least in this department!!
2.gif
)

happyfeet1988

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all. I love the size of my ring on my hand, which is a 5. My engagement ring is only about 10 pts. bigger (.47 ct.) and i absolutely love the size of it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results