shape
carat
color
clarity

My Princess & Brilliant cut engagement ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

InTheFade

Rough_Rock
My lovely boyfriend proposed to me last year and let me design my ring as he knows I'm very picky about jewelery.

After much research on these and other forums and in jewellers, I was set on having a princess cut centre stone, but my MIL offered two .22 brilliant cut stones if I wanted them (different from my previous thread), from her engagement ring from her first marriage (her first husband unfortunately passed away). I really wanted to incorporate them into my engagement ring so every day i am reminded of what an impact she's made in my life. But how do you mix brilliant and princess cut stones? I was stuck with a dilemma!

I ended up with this:
1.01 princess cut
F
VSI

2x .22ct E VVSI antique brilliant cut diamonds in a partial bezel setting
4 F princess cut channel set diamonds in the band
2 "hidden diamonds"
Ring size K
Custom white gold band, made by Chilton's Antiques

ringringring333.jpg

Overall I am incredibly happy with the ring and I just cannot stop staring at it. It is very individual and I was worried that the mix of princess and brilliant cut stones would look horrible, but I think it manages to be balanced *fingers crossed*

I also want to thank the lovely PS members who gave me some excellent feedback and suggestions for settings for the 5 stone ring which i will take on board to create my right hand ring. I'm sorry to anyone who replied, I thought I had subscribed to the thread but obviously not as I got no indication that anyone replied and I thought noone had noticed my thread. It's now been closed so I can't reply, but I do want to thank everyone who replied and you have convinced me to think again about what i will do with that ring. I can confirm that my MIL is fine for me to re-set the ring (as I don't think she ever wore it) and it is very flimsily set (some of the prongs are close to breaking, and the actual band is soooo slim that it wouldn't take much to break it).

InTheFade

Rough_Rock
Here's another picture from the side. I absolutely wanted to see the profile of the stones from the side like this. I love the shape of them and I think having the hidden stones as brilliant cut helps to bring the two different cuts together and make the contrast less harsh.

ringsidehidden.jpg

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is very lovely. I think the rounds look great with your princess. Congrats!

InTheFade

Rough_Rock
Here''s a close up. I can''t seem to get my camera to focus in close enough to get it perfectly sharp though :/

superdupercloseup7.jpg

InTheFade

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/9/2010 7:08:32 AM
Author: lknvrb4
Your ring is very lovely. I think the rounds look great with your princess. Congrats!

Thank you so much!

Here is some very blurry fire. I absolutely suck at capturing the fire and brilliance from these stones haha.

fireblurry5.jpg

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
It''s BEAUTIFUL! I love the side profile as well!

InTheFade

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/9/2010 7:25:39 AM
Author: ang3199
It''s BEAUTIFUL! I love the side profile as well!

Hahaa thanks, I stare at it that way all the time. Sad isn''t it?

PS I LOVE your signature! I have become addicted to shiny too hahha

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty! Congratulations
1.gif
I absolute love the profile of the ring too!

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
InTheFade,

Your ring is just gorgeous! I love the setting and the combination is beautiful and unique! Congrats to you!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
congrats!

your ring gives you awesome finger coverage
2.gif
and i love the side profile, absolutely beautiful
36.gif

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is beautiful. I love prongs used on the Princess diamond
4.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I really like it!
36.gif

I think you did a great job of incorporating the two shapes, and I just love that side view!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring, I really like it!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
very pretty. Congratulations!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, your ring is beautiful and I love the sentiment behind the side stones! My previous ring had a princess center with round side stones. I really like the look!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

starshine

Shiny_Rock
It''s lovely! Congrats!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Great setting, looks fantastic
30.gif
congratulations InTheFade
36.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! Congrats.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Very nice ring!!! I
30.gif
the profile! Congratulations!
36.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pretty!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring - unique, and such a lovely meaning!!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Oh, WOW!! It's GORGEOUS!!! Very unique and stunning!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful !!! congrats!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s just beautiful
30.gif

The design is gorgeous - I love the profile!! It''s so sweet of your MIL to offer you her stones - how wonderful that you can wear them all the time
36.gif
9.gif

lily000

Rough_Rock
I love the profile as well. Such a fluid design and those hidden stones are so fun! All the best!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring!! You did a beautiful job incorporating the two cuts, the stones look wonderful together! Love the setting, the profile is so pretty! Wear it in health and happiness!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
The mix of the stones look great. I like that the stones are family pieces too.

InTheFade

Rough_Rock
Thank you clgwli, I often catch myself checking out the side profile too :)

Thanks beechezz, I really love your unique wedding band - so jealous! (Your e ring isn''t half bad either ;D)

emilina22: That coverage makes it an interesting conundrum to ring a wedding band... Looks like I''m heading for a right hand ring atm :)

Thanks very much Sparkly Blonde, I was especially inspired by one lady''s rings that I found in the eye candy thread (I used her pics as pictures of the exact prongs I wanted), unfortunately I didn''t note her username though...

You''re too sweet, Tuckins1, I think it works with the two shapes - thanks for your support!

Thanks Diamond*Dana, I really like the band you reset your MIL''s stone in - very beautiful!

Ahh Bella_mezzo, I LOVE your wedding photos - I love the fun, fresh style
36.gif

Thanks so much Catmom - I have looked longingly more than once at your tanzanites and sapphires (especially your colour change one).. I will poke through your post history to see if I can find any pics of the ring you mentioned :D

Thanks Motownmama, your avatar always makes me so happy whenever I see it haha.

Thank you thank you Starshine :D

Thanks Blackpaw, I was considering getting a ring from Tiffany''s instead of this (a Legacy tanzanite), but couldn''t get it in a princess cut, hope you enjoy your Tiffany ring hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results