shape
carat
color
clarity

My preliminary Xmass idea...??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ludik

Rough_Rock

Ok.. so my GF wants a ring very badly.. I know this because she NEVER asks for or says she wants anything ever.. and she asks about a ring alot so I know she means it.. and she does deserve it very much.. she is wonderful.. so I pretty much got everything covered for that.. the ring is being made right now.

Now for the proposal.. Im pretty shy so I would like to do it in private.. Heres my idea

Right now she is away at school, she will be here (Boston) for 2 weeks in DEC before she goes to visit her family in Georgia.. we will have our own xmass here just like we did last year

I will wrap up a Key in one gift

I will wrap up a blindfold in another gift

After she unwraps them I will give her 5 minutes to throw everything in a bag that she needs for 1 or 2 days (should I wrap the bag also?) (or maybe I should skip this step and prepack everything myself?? what do you think)

I will then put the blindfold on her and make her hold the key. I will lead her into the car and I will drive to the very nice Mariott 10 minutes away from my house. I will lead her into the marriot and upto our room.. Im going to get one of the penthouse suites... Inside will be a small tree with white lights, and 1 present.. also some roses and chocolate (she loves chocolate obviously).. then I will have her open the present (im sure by then she will know what it is).. and I will propose to her when she opens it

After that we will either go to Legal Seafoods or order in Legal Seafoods and have a very nice meal.. and then get to spend the night (or 2.. i havent decided yet) at the hotel.. Then when she leaves to visit her familly she will have the ring to show everyone..

Feel free to make any suggestions as to how I can make the night more special for her and us.. Im looking forward to it.. I think the setting I picked out is perfect and going to blow her away.. i hope so anyway

30.gif

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
I actually just CRIED when i read this! It''s a GREAT IDEA!! I''m sure she will ove it - it''s so very THOUGHTFUL!!!

Poker face

Rough_Rock
The plan is wonderful, Ludik. I''d need a bit longer than 5 minutes to pack a bag though
2.gif
. Good luck!!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
that is sucha beautiful proposal!
36.gif
she is a lucky girl. ditto on the packing thing...pre packing sounds good..but make sure you have all the essentials a girl needs
28.gif

lindsal

Shiny_Rock
Sounds lovely and she sounds like a very lucky woman to have such a romantic guy. I would vote for a partial pre pack situation. Lay somethings out for her in a bag, and tell her you pulled some stuff together and she should grab what ever else she thinks she needs. Of course, this is going to lead to a ton of questions like, where are we going? do I need a dress? what kind of shoes? are we walking? Is there a hairdryer there... etc etc... stand your ground and get her moving.. she''ll be pleased you did.
36.gif

ludik

Rough_Rock

Ahh cool! Im glad it sounds ok.. I havent told anyone else yet and I really dont know who I would or who could tell me if its good or not.. so thanks for the responses.

Maybe I will pack a travel pack of the things she uses.. she visits 1 or 2 times a month from school so she has her own little cabinet here with things.. so I can see everything she needs. Maybe I will wrap that and have her open that first.. it will probably make her confused hahaha

Now that I think about it, if I had her do her own bag then she would prob ask too many questions like said above..

Hopefully she will be surprised, I keep asking her what she wants for XMass and she sounds dissapointed. We talked about a ring quite a bit and I think she thought I was going to get her one soon.. so maybe now she is not expecting it soon since I keep asking about xmass presents

11.gif

Thanks again for the responses! Its been so hard to keep this a secret

26.gif

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my God! I LOVE THIS IDEA!!! It sounds perfect and I would''ve flipped if my husband did this! Good luck!

Aurora Borealis

Shiny_Rock
That sounds very romantic and cute...just one thing, because you mentioned that you were shy. Will it bother you at all that you'll be pulling a blindfolded lady through a public lobby at the hotel? I say that because some people are very rude and UNshy about "cheering" you on, you know, making assumptions. And if she gets any clues that she's at a hotel it might take a little bit away from the surprise once she gets to the room. If not that sounds great!

ludik

Rough_Rock
hhaha yeah i thought about that.. Ill have to let the desk know b4 hand.. and hopefully I can choose a good access route.. the hotel is pretty secluded so hopefully It will be pretty smooth and quiet :}

Aurora Borealis

Shiny_Rock
Excellent! All systems go! Good luck.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock

I love the plan!

Maybe you can prepack that bag and then give her 5 minutes to check it out and change/add anything that she would need. Especially if you stay 2 nights. I know my DH would get it all wrong, despite his best intentions and most logical analysis of what I would want/need. For a stay as special as this, you don''t really want her uncomfortable in some odd clothes combo, or some missing clothes, hair or makeup that she relies on to feel her best.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock

Oh my!

I cried too! What a sweet and lovely plan! You are a very sweet and thoughtful person, my best to you both!

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/11/2004 4:36:29 PM
Author: Aurora Borealis
That sounds very romantic and cute...just one thing, because you mentioned that you were shy. Will it bother you at all that you''ll be pulling a blindfolded lady through a public lobby at the hotel? I say that because some people are very rude and UNshy about ''cheering'' you on, you know, making assumptions. And if she gets any clues that she''s at a hotel it might take a little bit away from the surprise once she gets to the room. If not that sounds great!

My sweet fiance proposed to me in almost identical fashion a few days ago... I was blindfolded, in heels, and had to be guided through a lobby. I heard a few people giggle, and I was a little self-conscious, but I knew something good was coming and I didn''t mind.

He had me pack my own bag, which took maybe 10 minutes since I''m low maintenance. I think the partial pre-pack is a great idea, my fiance didn''t do it because he wasn''t sure he would get everything I needed.

Good luck! I speak from experience, this is a fantastic proposal
2.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
This sounds awesome!! Definitely a proposal to remember!!
36.gif

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
I like you packing, if you pretty much have everything. When she gets in, maybe have two new outfits for her to choose from. I have always loved, having choice of like two outfits. Feeling splurged on. Very Pretty woman like. I guess.

Great idea!!!! Whatever you decide she will love it. I love the little tree in the room.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/11/2004 12:55
6.gif
5 PM
Author:ludik

Ok.. so my GF wants a ring very badly.. I know this because she NEVER asks for or says she wants anything ever.. and she asks about a ring alot so I know she means it.. and she does deserve it very much.. she is wonderful.. so I pretty much got everything covered for that.. the ring is being made right now.

Now for the proposal.. Im pretty shy so I would like to do it in private.. Heres my idea

Right now she is away at school, she will be here (Boston) for 2 weeks in DEC before she goes to visit her family in Georgia.. we will have our own xmass here just like we did last year

I will wrap up a Key in one gift

I will wrap up a blindfold in another gift

After she unwraps them I will give her 5 minutes to throw everything in a bag that she needs for 1 or 2 days (should I wrap the bag also?) (or maybe I should skip this step and prepack everything myself?? what do you think)

I will then put the blindfold on her and make her hold the key. I will lead her into the car and I will drive to the very nice Mariott 10 minutes away from my house. I will lead her into the marriot and upto our room.. Im going to get one of the penthouse suites... Inside will be a small tree with white lights, and 1 present.. also some roses and chocolate (she loves chocolate obviously).. then I will have her open the present (im sure by then she will know what it is).. and I will propose to her when she opens it

After that we will either go to Legal Seafoods or order in Legal Seafoods and have a very nice meal.. and then get to spend the night (or 2.. i havent decided yet) at the hotel.. Then when she leaves to visit her familly she will have the ring to show everyone..

Feel free to make any suggestions as to how I can make the night more special for her and us.. Im looking forward to it.. I think the setting I picked out is perfect and going to blow her away.. i hope so anyway

30.gif

This is a sweet proposal!!

1. Are you doing this the day she arrives from Boston, if so, she won''t really need to pack a bag b/c she will already be packed to visit you. If it is a little later, pack her bag for her and wrap it up....

2. You know your gf best. Do you think she would a) prefer to go out to dinner or b) have a nice candlelit dinner in the penthouse suite. I mean, it is not often you get to stay in the penthouse suite so i''d want to stay in it LOL! But if you do decide to stay in, you could arrange for the concierge to come with dinner about 1 hour after you propose. Bring some wine (or this occasion could call for champagne) and the room-service guy can uncork it and la-di-da.... While you wait for dinner to arrive, why not put on some of your favorite music (slow music) and ask your new fiancee to dance......and then you can dance, and basque in the moment of the proposal and then...one hour (or more if you want) later, dinner arrives (which you would have planned with the concierge ahead of time)

3. Good Luck!! It is going to be wonderful...

4..oh ya, one more thing..... intead of blindfolding her with a piece of material or something...why not get her one of those cute "sleeping masks" they make them in pink and fushia, purple or blue, and they can have rhinestones...anyway, you can use it to blindfold her (which is more comfortable) and then she has a gift that she can keep. Trust me, as a student, they are great after you pull an all-nighter and want to get some rest during the day when its bright!!! I looove mine. Where can you get them? You can get them online... (this way you can have them personalized) or you can go in to a erotic toy shop, they usually have them there......

Have fun!!!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
That would definitely be a proposal to remember and to tell all her family and friends. Excellent Planning. I am so excited for you.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results