shape
carat
color
clarity

My pre-wedding E-Ring Reset by Sareen

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's here... boy it's been a long journey and I have learned so much but it is a beautiful ending...

1.30 AGS000
G/VS2
Sareen Platinum Setting

Many, many thanks to Tim Andres at Emma Parker Jewelry in Seattle who answered endless questions, emails, phone calls and some at crazy hours and through it all guided me in the right places.. Bounced ideas at me and back at me... Many thanks to Adam, the true talent in the end results, at Sareen who sent samples for me to try on and then made changes and more changes.. so I could have exactly what I wanted...

I will try and load the pictures in the right order.. I am horrible with the camera.. but I promise some better photographs soon...

Tim would have taken them if I would have let him.. but I asked Adam to send the ring straight to me.. he only had my ring a week.. they did it with amazing speed and we still have a whole 31 days before the wedding.. but who's counting!!! Bring on the parties.. I am ready to go in style!!!!

P5170004.JPG

P5170002.JPG

P5170004.JPG

P3070023_2.JPG

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, they are both beautiful, but I love the scallopy edging on the reset and the soft cushion shape of the halo :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, I was staring at the top picture thinking how perfect the setting looked, and then I realized that was the OLD setting! The new one is very pretty, but what did you not like about the top one?

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Wow, so beautiful!! Congrats!!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Feb.. I had lost two stones in four months.. started looking around and realized the quality was not what I wanted long term.. then we started trying things on.. from round splits to cushion splits.. just by accident I tried the cushion single.. it was love.. I loved the way the wedding bands fit closer and I loved the size of the stones in the halo and on the shank.. The more I learned about settings, quality, metals, the more I needed to make the change before the wedding.. Knowledge is a dangerous thing.... :read:

Bibbi

Rough_Rock
it's really beautiful!! Congratulations and enojoy this crazy time before the big wedding day!! :appl: :appl:

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
my god what a beauty. congratulations! :love:

ml2

Rough_Rock
the re-set is GORGEOUS and you must be thrilled to know that quality and craftsmanship will no longer be an issue - it looks as well-made as it does beautiful! more pictures please!!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A couple more pictures.. my camera does better outside in the morning light... I think it's the photographer...

P5180003.JPG

P5180007.JPG

P5180022.JPG

P5180011.JPG

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
last one..

P5180021.JPG

P3310057.JPG

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
congratulations once again. what a beautiful ring for a beautiful couple~ :appl:

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
I love both the original and the reset and I really love that a wedding band would fit closer :)

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last one.. I promise.. with the bands... all together...

P5180001.JPG

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Mayk|1305729833|2924783 said:

no need to promise, really... more pic. the better~ :bigsmile:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are both pretty but I've always loved rounds in non-round halos..kind of the best of both worlds! Congrats!

LoveMunkie

Shiny_Rock
I loved your old setting but understand why you changed it...and its awesome! I'm working on a similar project and was wondering if you could tell me the size of the stones in the halo and band? Trying to get a better visual of size and decide between 1.5mm and 1.7mm stones in a 2.25mm band... thank you!

pinknblue

Rough_Rock
It's gorgeous!! :appl:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LoveMunkie|1305774502|2925423 said:
I loved your old setting but understand why you changed it...and its awesome! I'm working on a similar project and was wondering if you could tell me the size of the stones in the halo and band? Trying to get a better visual of size and decide between 1.5mm and 1.7mm stones in a 2.25mm band... thank you!

LoveMunkie... I am not sure I don't have my appraisal back yet... but I will ask.. :read: I know they are on the larger side as my old ring was .80 in the split shanks and 1.1 in the halo... so my guess is 1.7 at the minimum.. it was a big change. Harder to tell when you blow up the pictures but side by side with the old setting and the new one.. big difference.. It gives it a nicer look to me.. with the smaller stones in some lighting I thought it looked more like "engraved" shanks... than diamond.. The selling point for me was seeing his sample sets they were each different... but the cushion set had a little larger stones and they were not set as tightly together...

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOve it with the 2 bands!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!! :love:

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, how lovely! :love: :love: :love:

LoveMunkie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly and dually noted/communicated to my ring designer, lol!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's sooo beautiful!!! Love it with the bands :love: (and you and FI are a great looking couple!)

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful reset!! I liked your old setting too, but this one is lovely! Enjoy it.

stlc

Rough_Rock
Oo
I LOVE the new setting!! Beautiful!
Goodluck with the last few weeks to your big day! :appl:

Sparkly_Not_Gaudy

Rough_Rock
Mayk|1305729833|2924783 said:
Do the bands rub against the underside of the setting or are they notched to stay in place or??? And who did the bands? I love them on both sides. I have a keeping ring on my engagement ring and just love that look!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually they do a little.. but the bands were purchased with the original setting.. I want to order new bands (but it will be a little while) that match the new setting. The way the stones are set I think the fit will be better. I also have one platinum band I can wear when I don't want to wear anything else.. and I toyed with using it as a spacer.. not sure yet because I haven't had to a chance to wear on a regular basis since the wedding is 6/18..

Sparkly_Not_Gaudy

Rough_Rock
What did you do with your old setting?

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still have it sitting empty. I don't know what to do with it. I have run the options and so far nothing excites me. From doing nothing and selling to a sapphire or even a warm diamond... I have been watching the inventory at DBL. still waiting to be inspired or move on. Struggle because my ering is halo wondered if using for RHR was too much halo for one girl....pure silliness.

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE your ring! I never liked RB in cushion halo until I see yours. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results