shape
carat
color
clarity

My PP Silver/Blue Baroque Akoyas...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
So on July 3rd I went down to the PP showroom and got to see lots of beautiful pearls.

I mainly looked at what I could afford to purchase, which were freshwater pearls. I also looked at a Tahitian tin-cup necklace and the purity pendant (definitely on my whishlist).

I was all decided on this gorgeous strand of 7.5-8mm lavender freshwaters when I asked Mia (who was wonderful btw) if they had any of the baroque akoyas left.

She brought out what they had and this strand immediately jumped out at me. I was the most "round" of the baroques they had and also the most blue (and has a great luster).

When I saw Ellechris's thread earlier I was a bit disappointed that she didn't like them, but now that I saw them in person there is a definite difference between the 7.5-8mm (which I ended up with) and the larger sizes... for some reason the larger sizes have less of a blue body color and less of a rose luster.

So, I present my 7.5-8mm 20in strand of baroque blue akoyas.... (oh and I got to put the gorgeous lavender strand on hold so my hubby can get it for me for our first anniversary in August)...

...here we go:

blue.akoya.7.5to8mm.20in.0001.JPG

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
another... the camera just cant capture the body color and luster...

blue.akoya.7.5to8mm.20in.002.JPG

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
another...

blue.akoya.7.5to8mm.20in.003.JPG

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
On white background... you can kinda see more of the blue...

blue.akoya.7.5to8mm.20in.004.JPG

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
another...

blue.akoya.7.5to8mm.20in.005.JPG

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
another...

blue.akoya.7.5to8mm.20in.006.JPG

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
okay...neckshot...

blue.akoya.7.5to8mm.20in.007.JPG

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
okay last one... neckshot with flash (all previous photos were with no flash):

blue.akoya.7.5to8mm.20in.008.JPG

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I really like yours alot. I can definitely see more blue and even some rose overtones. Lovely.

My strand is 8-8.5 and when I called to see about exchanging it, i was told that the shapes that were left were much more drop and wouldn''t look as nice. oh well.

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful strand! They look terrific on you!

ETA: And what a treat to be able to go to PP directly and see so much of their work. I hope to get there someday and do some shopping as well rather than online all of the time.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
They''re gorgeous, and that luster is amazing! I, too, am jealous that you got to go to the PP showroom - so lucky, it''s not fair!!!!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
the color on that is exceptionally gorgeous...
YUM...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

They look fabu on you! Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! They look great on you and how cool that you get the lavender necklace in the near future. I''m jealous you got to go to the showroom too :)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those look beautiful on you; I love the colors in it. How fun to be able to actually go to Pearl Paradise!!!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
elle -- Did you end up keeping the strand since you couldn''t exchange it for another blue/silver strand? I know now why you were not happy with yours after I saw both in person.

jmtomaui -- Thanks!!! Yes, I loved being able to go there.

cellentani -- Thank you! When I found out the showroom was close to me I was so excited! It like the lucky Texans that can go the the Whiteflash store
1.gif

ckrickett -- Thanks, the color instantly drew me in... I had to have them!

canuk-gal -- Thank you
1.gif

innerkitten -- Thank you, yes I am really looking forward to the lavenders...
3.gif

Skippy123 -- Thanks Skippy! Yes it was quite a treat to get to go to PP, but it is a little inconvenient since they are only open M-F 9am - 5pm.. no weekends... that''s why I had to go on my holiday day off
9.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!! I love baroque pearls, and I love the character that they have... I also think that come across with more orient, because of the way the light hits the texture (I hope that makes sense). I really wish they had white baroque strands! I''ve seen some at American Pearl but not anywhere else.

Do they mind if you visit their showroom? Do they have regular hours?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very Beautiful! looks great on your neck!

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/9/2009 8:39:27 AM
Author: elle_chris
I really like yours alot. I can definitely see more blue and even some rose overtones. Lovely.

My strand is 8-8.5 and when I called to see about exchanging it, i was told that the shapes that were left were much more drop and wouldn't look as nice. oh well.

I have a drop shaped strand, and I think the luster and color are incredible. I would post pics, but I don't have access to my digital camera right now. I also have a larger 9 mm strand that's more of an off-round shape and the luster isn't as intense or uniform. The overtones also aren't as pronounced. It's more of a plain silver color but also reflects the color I'm wearing.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Those look really gorgeous! Great choice! I''m anxious to see your lavenders too!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous pearls!!
30.gif

So lucky you got to go to PP showroom. I''m jealous!!
27.gif
1.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
szh07 -- I also think that the baroques come across with more orient as well, the light dances on them in a way that it cannot on a smooth pearl. And no PP does not mind if you visit the showroom, you just have to make an appointment. Everyone was very friendly.
1.gif

D&T -- Thank you!!

brightlight -- when you get your camera back post up some pics, I would like to see
10.gif

Kelli -- Thanks! I am looking forward to the lavenders also... just need to wait till August 8th hee hee

Phoenix -- Thank you!
1.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, what a lovely strand of pearls! I had no idea they could be found in this color.
3.gif

They look lovely on your neck and I hope you are able to post more pictures in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results