shape
carat
color
clarity

My Pink Tourmaline Ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
As AJSgems doesn''t has much of a reputation for representing their gems color, I thought I would order a try out test stone with them. As it is, I am quite happy with the my pink tourmaline. It turns out to be exactly like vendors pic but only after setting. Before setting, I found it to be darker than vendors pic.

So here the vendors pic

pink-tourmaline_TPK-00571-l.jpg

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
My pic.. (however, my photography skill is bad at that time, Lol! I am better at it by now!)

tourmalinepink 002.jpg

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
another...

tourmalinepink 013.jpg

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Now after 6 weeks, my ring is back!
36.gif
36.gif

In the box....

pinktourmalin 036.jpg

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
a profile view.....

pinktourmalin 003.jpg

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
side view

pinktourmalin 005.jpg

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
bottoms up...

pinktourmalin 012.jpg

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
orchid shot.....

pinktourmalin 015.jpg

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
another view under the stone...

PT180.jpg

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
I love this shot, you can even see the water droplets on the petal and ring....

pinktourmalin 030.jpg

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
This shot is the closest to its true color what I am seeing, the color above is still slightly darker and IRL its the color of the vendors pic!

ETA: sorry its the wrong pic! Will try again!

tourmalinepink 008.jpg

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
another try...

pinktourmalin 008.jpg

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for looking! I hope I haven''t bored you guys!
35.gif

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
There is no way you are boring us! That ring is so cool and perfect for that stone! I bought a purple spinel from AJS just to try them out and I LOVE the stone! The best part is that I can afford their stuff- hee-hee.

I love the design of your ring and the east/west setting of the stone. Congrats, it''s beautiful.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
ooooh!! preeeety! must... see... handshots!
3.gif
I''ll bet it looks lovely. glad to hear that it ended up being a good ''tester'' purchase

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my! What a great setting for that cut!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VERY nice color! Amazing for a "tester" stone!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a good thread Megeve and thank you for starting it. It seems like it is a hit or miss with AJS from what I read on PS before I took the plunge myself. So I finally decided to try it out and purchased a 1.5 ct red spinel from AJS. My red spinel is as represented; a burning red with no brown, and perhaps a hint of orange. Your earlier pictures are way off but as you said, you were not good at photography at that time. Your last picture is the closest to the picture and that’s a good thing.
1.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
@NEU, kas baby, kribbie, Stone Hunter

Thank you so much for your lovely comments!!

Isn''t it amazing for a tester stone to turn out exactly what you want! When I received the stone, I was not really happy with the color, it doesn''t hold the color in all lights and I was seriously considering to send it back. That being said, at certain lights I do see the pink which I like. So, I decided to chance it. Am I glad now! This setting was perfect to close the slight tilt window in it and the white metal brightens up the color.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/27/2009 3:59:52 PM
Author: Chrono
This is a good thread Megeve and thank you for starting it. It seems like it is a hit or miss with AJS from what I read on PS before I took the plunge myself. So I finally decided to try it out and purchased a 1.5 ct red spinel from AJS. My red spinel is as represented; a burning red with no brown, and perhaps a hint of orange. Your earlier pictures are way off but as you said, you were not good at photography at that time. Your last picture is the closest to the picture and that’s a good thing.
1.gif
Thank you, Chrono! I am glad it worked out for you too!!

As I have an inclination towards big stones, not many sites have the sizes that I want. AJS has quite a number of choices for big stones. Now, it opens another source for me!
9.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely ring Megeve!!

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Megeve,
I love your new pink!!
East/west always looks so fresh.
Hope you enjoy it.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
pretty, pretty ring.
love the color and the setting.

Enjoy wearing it!
36.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oho! Another handshot violater! It''s just not nice to not post handshots of your beautiful ring! What size is the stone-did I miss that part? I really like the e/w setting!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
What a striking ring, megeve! And a gorgeous, huge pink tourmaline. I agree though, hand shots!!
36.gif

BlueSea

Rough_Rock
Oh, I love that setting. It's so perfect with your stone, Megeve.
Megeve, do you mind sharing the place where you got the setting? Or anyone who had seen this setting somewhere else? I've been looking for this setting for a long time but couldn't find it anywhere. Thanks much in advance.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring. Great color.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Megeve

What a gorgeous ring, and I agree with what has already been said - perfect setting for the stone. Lots of questions, did you choose the setting or did your jeweller suggest it? What inspired you? Please post a handshot so we can see the ring in context. And of course, who created this masterpiece?

As far as judging photographs, it''s just a minefield out there. I honestly think that the only way to be confident that the vendor''s picture is acurate, or at least in the "ball park" is to develop a relationship with a vendor. Vendors Pics thread which is stickied at the top of Coloured Stones is also an excellent resource and I urge you to create a collage of your photos with the Vendor shot and post it with your opinion so that others may also judge.

Twice now I have received a stone that bore little resemblance to the vendor photo. In one case I was pleasantly surprised because although the stone bore virtually no resemblence to the vendor pic, it was still pleasing to me. The other case - well let''s just say I should have sent the stone back.

Congratulations again Megeve - a truly gorgeous creation.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Oh, another question - what are the dimensions of your stone Megeve?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I adore that setting style. The Queen indeed. It looks lovely with your stone and I''m so glad you are happy with it now that it''s been set.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results