shape
carat
color
clarity

My peridot -- first loose gemstone purchase

cwt5770

Rough_Rock
My first lose gemstone came in the mail today.
Perhaps not the best picture, but I do like the color and the cut.
The seller did mention there were some small inclusions.
Maybe I have the eagle eye, because the inclusion jumps right out at me in the daylight, but I can't really see it indoors.
At first I was upset about the inclusion, but after seeing the stone in different lights, I'm starting to feel better about it. It looks like a black speck toward the bottom of the stone.

The peridot is 8.85 mm, 4.30 carats and I paid $240.
Did I do good?

_3295.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
The color is well saturate for peridot, and not too yellow. It is a good size and will give you some finger coverage, or make a nice pendant. If you know an inclusion is there then it can be all you see, but to someone who hasn't been told...out of mind out of sight. It's very pretty so I would say, yeah, you did good. :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
No expert, but I do like that colour on your hand ( it is a natural colour, no treatments? Not usual in peridot, just asking!) and the shape is fantastic - great ring size with amazing finger coverage!!! The price is very good for the size.

Do you have a pic of the inclusion you are seeing? I'm just curious :bigsmile:

What are your plans for setting the stone? If it were me - it would be a ring for sure, in either RG or YG, and something interesting, modern and architectural - I'd make it a 'statement' piece!

cwt5770

Rough_Rock
I tried to get a picture of the inclusion, but it wouldn't show up on the camera.
Yes, it is all natural!
I was going to set it in a rose gold ring. It's my birthstone!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a perfect plan for that peridot --- rose gold will really warm it up!!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
It will look super in rose gold! I like the cut -- it's a nice stone!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not bad at all. Do you mind sharing the vendor's picture and yours together, with a short commentary on colour accuracy of the vendor's photo? I would love to see the inclusion too, out of curiosity. You'll have to take super close up pictures though using the macro mode.

vickygigi

Shiny_Rock
Lovely stone. I love a peridot. I've heard women say they want a little something in their Peridot to help it feel natural. I think Peridot often has inclusions. That is a nice big stone with great color! Congrats to you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results