shape
carat
color
clarity

My Pearl Collection!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
My husband mostly buys me pearls, so I''m so excited that we have this thread now. I have all different kinds, earrings and necklaces, so here we go.

The first thing I''m posting are 9 mm Tahitian pearl earrings set in 18K WG with .3 cttw diamonds from Blue Nile:

bpear1.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
This is the matching necklace - it''s a 10 mm Tahitian pearl with a .1 ct diamond set in 18K WG

bpdia1.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
My husband went to China last year on a business trip, and he brought me back two necklaces from the Beijing Pearl Market. The first one is my favorite, it''s 9 mm cultured pearls, 16" strand:

wp1.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
He also brought me this one from China - it''s his favorite. It''s a double strand of 8 mm black cultured pearls, 16" length:

double1.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Last, but not least, these are my Mikimoto 7 mm Akoya pearl stud earrings, set in 18K YG. My ex gave them to me, but DH doesn''t know that, so I still wear them all the time
emembarrassed.gif

miki1.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
well what gorgeous pearls you have!! wow.
36.gif
36.gif
great size on you too!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Love your collection. Those Tahitian drops are awesome.
My hubby bought me a few things in Beijing too, maybe we should send them back for another trip !!!!
On second thought, we should tag along!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 2:58:05 PM
Author: bebe
Love your collection. Those Tahitian drops are awesome.
My hubby bought me a few things in Beijing too, maybe we should send them back for another trip !!!!
On second thought, we should tag along!
I agree! I totally wanted to go to China, but I was stuck at home with the bambino. Next time for sure!

sluke

Shiny_Rock
I''m not much of a pearl girl but those earrings are to die for! I may just have to get a pair!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Oooo, Vespergirl! I adore those pearls from China! Can your husband take my husband with him next time?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 2:46:44 PM
Author: vespergirl
He also brought me this one from China - it''s his favorite. It''s a double strand of 8 mm black cultured pearls, 16'' length:
That is GORGEOUS! I love them!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have some beautiful pieces!
36.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Your husband is so sweet and has great taste! I love them all but especially the 2 pieces he purchased for you
1.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 2:58:52 AM
Author: oobiecoo
Your husband is so sweet and has great taste! I love them all but especially the 2 pieces he purchased for you
1.gif
Thanks so much! He actuall got me all the pieces except for the Mikimoto studs, but I have the funniest story about the first earrings I posted, the diamond and Tahitian black pearls.

Back when he got me those earrings, before we were married, DH had been talking a lot about marriage, and we had recently looked at engagement rings together shortly before Xmas. I had showed him the exact ring that I wanted on Blue Nile.

Then, a few days before Xmas, FedEx called us at home because they had a very expensive package they were delivering from Blue Nile, and it needed to be signed for. As you can imagine, I was sure it was my engagement ring! Anyway, we got to his parents house for Xmas - DH presents me with a tiny black box, his parents exchanged a look and got tears in their eyes, and then I open the box to find - a pair of earrings. I felt like I had gotten punched in the gut, and his parents looked very confused (I guess he had told them that he was going to propose at some point in the future, so they thought that was it too). Of course, I love the earrings, and I was very happy and grateful to get them, but every LIW knows what that feels like. We actually did end up getting engaged about 4 months after that, and then I was free to yell at him about tricking me like that with the earrings, and his mom did too
emsmilep.gif
Now they are my favorite pair of earrings, though - I can look back and laugh :)

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
OMG I would have been so mad! LOL!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful collection, Vespergirl!!!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
What a horrible trick!!! At least he proposed soon after!
3.gif

Kay

Ideal_Rock
You have a beautiful collection! I especially love the earrings (and the story behind them is hilarious).

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The double strand necklace is amazing! You have a very nice collection.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, gorgeous collection, love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful collection of pearls!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow. I am so jealous of your collection.
30.gif

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I love it!!! I''m dying to have a black pearls necklace like the one you have.
36.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2009 2:43:48 PM
This is the matching necklace - it''s a 10 mm Tahitian pearl with a .1 ct diamond set in 18K WG
Nice color on the necklace and earrings. You have a lovely collection.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous pearls! What a nice husband you have!
36.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Love them all!

EmptyLeftHand

Shiny_Rock
That double strand necklace is just stunning.

I really like it!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 10:31:46 AM

Date: 3/13/2009 2:58:52 AM
Author: oobiecoo
1.gif
Thanks so much! He actuall got me all the pieces except for the Mikimoto studs, but I have the funniest story about the first earrings I posted, the diamond and Tahitian black pearls.

Back when he got me those earrings, before we were married, DH had been talking a lot about marriage, and we had recently looked at engagement rings together shortly before Xmas. I had showed him the exact ring that I wanted on Blue Nile.

Then, a few days before Xmas, FedEx called us at home because they had a very expensive package they were delivering from Blue Nile, and it needed to be signed for. As you can imagine, I was sure it was my engagement ring! Anyway, we got to his parents house for Xmas - DH presents me with a tiny black box, his parents exchanged a look and got tears in their eyes, and then I open the box to find - a pair of earrings. I felt like I had gotten punched in the gut, and his parents looked very confused (I guess he had told them that he was going to propose at some point in the future, so they thought that was it too). Of course, I love the earrings, and I was very happy and grateful to get them, but every LIW knows what that feels like. We actually did end up getting engaged about 4 months after that, and then I was free to yell at him about tricking me like that with the earrings, and his mom did too
emsmilep.gif
Now they are my favorite pair of earrings, though - I can look back and laugh :)
This is such a cute story.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I love those Tahitians! They are just gorgeous. I hadn''t thought of going to Blue Nile for pearls before this, but I will definitely be looking into their pearls now!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results