shape
carat
color
clarity

My Pawn Shop 1.2ct OEC cut examination

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
I'm an Aussie, are you in Sydney or Melbourne? If so I can suggest some shops here that have OECs that have decent cut patterns so you can learn what you like and actually see what a good OEC should look like that way you know what you are looking at. Your stone above almost looks like it has fish eye in your photos, but it could be taken on a weird angle or something.

I am about 2.5 hrs from Sydney. Yes! Please suggest some vendors ! Tbh I haven’t really looked beyond eBay and USA.

The pawn shop has approved my return thankfully.

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
8EA0E3A4-7506-409D-9000-58BB241A9AF4.png 8DE6E1A7-8279-418C-9475-E16A6229123E.png E1B72010-842A-4E5E-8C7C-C073051978DA.png
I recently bought an OEC/Transitional from LAD and from my experience her videos were spot on to what I see in real life. I saw a TON of videos, in different lighting, next to another stone I was considering, on a setting, and combination of those made me feel pretty confident about what to expect. Buying a stone sight unseen is terrifying of course but Erica was very helpful and upfront about things and answered all my questions and concerns.

My recommendation would be to talk to the vendors about what you're looking for, not just look at their photos or videos. Tell them your preference and specific concerns, and they can let you know if the particular stone fits that criteria or not. Ask them for additional videos, look at it next to another similar/different stone to get better perspective (different facet patterns, maybe different colors), etc. Post it here to get more feedback from experts here. I know there's nothing better than seeing a stone in person, but sometimes the emotions or attachments can cloud your judgements too so different perspective can help.

Based on the videos the pawn shop ring is a no for me too. I'm sensitive to center not looking lively, it draws me in in a bad way and once I see it I cant unsee it.

Thanks for the advice :)
Perhaps I should find something I like and send it to them as examples?..

Do you think the LAD stone would look similar to this (I have asked erica to of make an indoor video for me and will post it :))

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
The star pattern is commonly known as the flower pattern in all well cut OECs.
Yes, the LAD stone has the better crisper flower pattern.

Pictures can only do so much on screen. The next best thing is to get imaging of these stones. Sadly, with the vendors that sell these older cuts, they do not have the necessary imaging tools to “tell” you how well the stones perform or show you the flower pattern like the Idealscope and ASET images they produce for MRB (modern round brilliants). Soooo, it is up to individuals’ eyes when they view he stone or relying on another individual’s photography.

For spending the money for the upgrade on an antique stone, the $100 that you spend is worth it. However, I would not consider this stone from the pawn store as I prefer the flower facet patterning of the LAD stone. Most of the vendors mentioned will produce imaging (including videos) to show you the performance of the stone. Out of the 2 you have shown here, I would choose the LAD stone as mentioned before the flower pattern is crisper and more distinct compared to the pawn store stone.

I have a 0.65ct OEC Q/R coloured stone and I can tell the flower pattern in it as opposed to the MRB pattern. I was fortunate enough to buy this stone with an ideal scope image and knew that it was a very bright stone with clear and crisp flower patterning.

Have you considered going to USA for 2 weeks? That way you line up your vendors and give them a brief of what you are after and then visit. Then you can physically see the stones and then make your choice. I think the jewelers will be more than happy to reset your stone for you in your original setting, for a fee, of course. Or, consider a new setting????

If nothing grabs you, then nothing does. But then you have spent the time understanding these stones and how they perform in real life and what they appear as an image on the screen. You have got your baselines sorted.

Then when you are home in aus, you can be more appreciative of the stones when viewing them on various websites.

Does that make sense?

I would contact the vendors and ask them for help in sourcing a stone for you. Or try loupe troop or diamond bistro - a site where ppl sell their stones/ jewelry for a lower price than vendors.

Take the time to make the choice, as this is your upgrade.

I love the fishtail prongs. The two benches I dealt with to make my ring, could not do it. But, I got a great result with different prongs/ claws. I posted my ring on the thread about the “trend in OECs” or similar name.

Old world diamonds have a huge website of OECs. Emails are slow to respond but phone calls are best. Being in Australia, makes it hard.

Jewels by grace, LAD, caysie VB can source these antique stones for you. Send them an email with what you like/ want.

Study/ view more stones online so that you can really appreciate what you like and what you don’t. It will make it easier for you to reject stones.

I hope that sorta helps you.

Greg, I suffer severe FOMO. I can’t help feeling like I need to make a hurried decision IN CASE someone else snaps up the stone..and I miss a great opportunity.

Having said that, do you think the LAD diamond could actually be uniquely well cut enough to warrant this urgency?

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
To answer your first question, yes it can coexist. I think it does in my OEC. If you need it you would just need to keep looking. Would you consider an avr or cac?

Yes I remember yours- it’s amazing. If I could only find one like that too lol. What is cac? At this stage I’m not for the AVR as I like the romance of genuine antiques...

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
I think a thread of “worst of” or “warts and all” pics of our OECs would be very helpful and fun!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greg, I suffer severe FOMO. I can’t help feeling like I need to make a hurried decision IN CASE someone else snaps up the stone..and I miss a great opportunity.

Having said that, do you think the LAD diamond could actually be uniquely well cut enough to warrant this urgency?
It’s very beautifully cut - those light images show that it’s bright in the centre and around the edges. The bottom photo also shows the snowflake you love round the edges as well as that gorgeous petal centre.
But if you’re still not sure, what’s your budget all in (including duty etc), preferences re size, colour etc? I’m sure we can find all the ones that look great within those parameters. Do they need to be in a ring already or is there an option to get your jeweller to replace the head of your current engagement ring?

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Yes the avr is onthe left. I thought it useful to compare my prospective stone to the best. There seemed to be a little light leakage which spooked me from pulling the trigger.

I don't think you need to worry about light leakage from an AVR. By definition, AVRs are cut to reflect the most optimal light; unless the IS or ASET shows otherwise. But, this is a moot point as you are in favour of OECs. But, therein lies the issue. No vendor I know that sells old cut stones will be putting their stones under IS or ASET imaging. From recollection, they use photography/ videography to tell the stone's story. The stones from Jby Grace and LAD are all filmed outside and from the top down; sometimes you can get the side profile. OWD stones are filmed indoors and on a rotating table in a white box. Those, I am afraid are the best imaging that you are going to get from the vendors.

It is going to be difficult to compare old cut stones to AVR. The reason is that AVR is cut using current technology to create the stone's optical image. OECs were cut under candlelight and no computer technology. So, to be fair to the stones, you are comparing them in a similar manner as apples and oranges.

As for FOMO, it is a trade-off that you have to make with buying stones this way. I think a lot of PSers have the same thing and they advise you as they see it. Buying stones sight unseen is daunting. But, with the amount of imaging that you can view, it is currently the only way that you can do things. It is a learning process and the only way to learn is to read/ view and purchase a few stones to know what the real-life image and performance of a stone are like, to what you have seen online. Sometimes, too much information is too much :) if you know what I mean? You can get crippled by it and miss out- FOMO. But, these are all learning curves. Ultimately, we can only guide you and it isn't until you view it in person that it will make sense to you if that stone is for you or not.

As for the LAD stone, I think it is worth a look. There is something that is pulling you back from this LAD stone. It may be the fear of buying something and realise that it isn't for you and you had paid non-refundable $100. I personally think, if that is the case, that is the best $100 you spent. If you feel you are not ready to make that step, then do not. Cos, you will regret it.

Based on the 2 stones that you have shown here, my preference is the LAD stone. As others have mentioned, provide what your specifications are on the stone (including the total budget = stone + shipping + taxes) and there will be other posters that will be able to find you what you are after or pretty darn close to it. There are many male guys that come on here that just do that, and they get exceptional help from experienced PSers to get them the successful stones for their GF/ Wives.
I would strongly recommend this step.

good luck!
:)

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I am about 2.5 hrs from Sydney. Yes! Please suggest some vendors ! Tbh I haven’t really looked beyond eBay and USA.

The pawn shop has approved my return thankfully.

Great to hear about the return...

@arkieb1 A great suggestion!!! So THIS!!! x 10000!!!!!

i hope you get to see some other oECs in person. Then you can make more of an informed decision!!!! or even purchase one here in AUS instead of USA! fingers crossed!!!!!

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
Greg- the top 2 pics are The LAD stone. The bottom 2 are inspiration pics of another stone from ps (I love this look and am wondering if I can expect the LAD stone to look similarly)

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
It’s very beautifully cut - those light images show that it’s bright in the centre and around the edges. The bottom photo also shows the snowflake you love round the edges as well as that gorgeous petal centre.
But if you’re still not sure, what’s your budget all in (including duty etc), preferences re size, colour etc? I’m sure we can find all the ones that look great within those parameters. Do they need to be in a ring already or is there an option to get your jeweller to replace the head of your current engagement ring?

Thanks Greg! The absolute max is 6k aud and that’s not comfortable. I havent been able to recoup gst and duty from the last time I purchased and returned a ring to the USA- $540 down the drain on a dud lol. So each time will be 5-600 down the pooper

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
I am open to a loose stone- less duty to pay!

I have made 2 wrong purchases so far in this quest, my nerves are what is holding me back lol

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Greg! The absolute max is 6k aud and that’s not comfortable. I havent been able to recoup gst and duty from the last time I purchased and returned a ring to the USA- $540 down the drain on a dud lol. So each time will be 5-600 down the pooper

I think it would be best to start a new thread and title it something like in search of...
in that post be honest about everything that you want:

size in mm to fit ring that you have or carat weight
colour
clarity
budget
timeframe- if there is one.

in the post, also show the ones that you have rejected and why they were rejected.
also, show ones that you are considering and your inspiration stone. this gives ppl a chance to understand what kind of stone that you are after.

Also, engage a few vendors to see what they have, then post their recommendations on here for comparison. That way you get the best of everything before you purchase. yes purhcasing loose stones is better than in a ring, due to the cost of the setting.
i have not seen what you have posted previously; i have only seen you post 2 stones on this thread.

be wary- it may take some time and $ to find the stone. Some find a stone that is 1/2 way there and then later on find the more perfect one and trade up... yes, they may lose on the previous stone selling on the second hand market or sell it via other vendors on commission but, they get their HG stone!!!! yes, it is an expensive hobby!!!! LOL :)

Last edited:

twang07

Shiny_Rock
I feel like it's going to come down to a bit of a leap of faith, unless you can see the stone. And even then, you have to trust that you can view it the way you want to! On the bright side, you are a lot more educated than I was when I was looking for my OEC. If you decide to look at stones locally, I would only advise you to look at it the distance you intend to look at it, under the light you want to look at it. In my case, I did not have the option to really freely hold the stone on my own and walk around with it under their supervision. And when he held it for me in a different light, it was always from quite a distance, so I didn't know that it could look VERY different with my head right in front of it, and when the light wasn't from the sides of the stone (this is where my stone REALLY shines and luckily, I am in that light a lot!). So if you look at in person, I think you must ask for this to really know its 'personality.' Not being rushed into a decision is also very high on my priorities!

If you go online, you're going to have a bit of a leap of faith. I think it's going to come down on your trust of the vendor, their opinions and that their imagery is reflective of the stone's appearance, generally. I think as long as you trust the vendor, it might be less scary that you're going to make a costly decision. Nevertheless, it will be what it comes down to! I do think good photographs bode well for good performance since the camera has to be held so close to get a nice focused, macro shot. There are lenses that can do that effect from further away and maybe see less obstruction. I don't think it would hurt to ask how the image/video was taken. I think the vendors here that carry OECs have a very good track record and they wouldn't if people didn't love their stones. So I'd trust them! I'd also ask for comparisons with other stones with different faceting, or proportions, so you can see if that particular personality appeals to you. It can be a long hunt, but good luck! Post anymore you find here.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
I know you have looked at LAD... but here is another vendor that i do like.

https://www.jewelsbygrace.com/1-36ct-old-european-cut-diamond-gia-l-si
there are many filters/ specifications that you can help narrow down your search...

there is also old world diamonds... there are filters on the search buttons at the top.
http://www.oldworlddiamonds.com/diamonds.php?ITEM=diamonds&SHAPE=EU

so there are plenty and there are going to be some fun times lookiing at stones! enjoy!

At old world diamonds, do I just make a list of what stones I’d like to see and ask for a video?

At JBG that is a very cute looking stone ☺️ Is there any way to tell from these close ups shots whether it would have the same light leakage through the table as my pawn shop one does?

I’m having a guess, but this one seems leaky
https://www.jewelsbygrace.com/1-09ct-old-european-cut-diamond-gia-m-vs2

How/What should I say to clearly communicate to the vendor the perimeter flower pattern that I’m looking for as exhibited by the pawn shop ring? Eg oversized star facets? Shallower crown?

Last edited:

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
I feel like it's going to come down to a bit of a leap of faith, unless you can see the stone. And even then, you have to trust that you can view it the way you want to! On the bright side, you are a lot more educated than I was when I was looking for my OEC. If you decide to look at stones locally, I would only advise you to look at it the distance you intend to look at it, under the light you want to look at it. In my case, I did not have the option to really freely hold the stone on my own and walk around with it under their supervision. And when he held it for me in a different light, it was always from quite a distance, so I didn't know that it could look VERY different with my head right in front of it, and when the light wasn't from the sides of the stone (this is where my stone REALLY shines and luckily, I am in that light a lot!). So if you look at in person, I think you must ask for this to really know its 'personality.' Not being rushed into a decision is also very high on my priorities!

If you go online, you're going to have a bit of a leap of faith. I think it's going to come down on your trust of the vendor, their opinions and that their imagery is reflective of the stone's appearance, generally. I think as long as you trust the vendor, it might be less scary that you're going to make a costly decision. Nevertheless, it will be what it comes down to! I do think good photographs bode well for good performance since the camera has to be held so close to get a nice focused, macro shot. There are lenses that can do that effect from further away and maybe see less obstruction. I don't think it would hurt to ask how the image/video was taken. I think the vendors here that carry OECs have a very good track record and they wouldn't if people didn't love their stones. So I'd trust them! I'd also ask for comparisons with other stones with different faceting, or proportions, so you can see if that particular personality appeals to you. It can be a long hunt, but good luck! Post anymore you find here.

Where did you say you purchased your stone from?

Do you feel you paid a fair price or were you happy to push the budget for the stone you wanted...

Last edited:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So a max budget of USD $4400 (going by the current exchange rate?). Min size? Preferred colour? Stone only or also after a fishtail setting?
Places to look at that have a decent range and/or good prices are LAD (as you already know), Old World Diamonds (maybe just email/call and give Adam your wishlist and see what he can come up with? Not all of what he has listed has pictures and I think he has more than is listed) Jewels by Grace, Parks Fine Group (on EBay, Loupetroop, Etsy), Ivy and Rose Vintage. SinCity Finds can also be good, same for Gilded Lane and House Holbrook. The NY Antique Jewelry and Watch Fair is on atm so there’ll probably be an influx of new listings for all those vendors who’ve gone to buy new stock.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I was shopping at JbG with your budget, I’d be looking at these as well..
1.10 L SI1
1.09 M VS2

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
At old world diamonds, do I just make a list of what stones I’d like to see and ask for a video?

At JBG that is a very cute looking stone ☺️ Is there any way to tell from these close ups shots whether it would have the same light leakage through the table as my pawn shop one does?

I’m having a guess, but this one seems leaky
https://www.jewelsbygrace.com/1-09ct-old-european-cut-diamond-gia-m-vs2

How/What should I say to clearly communicate to the vendor the perimeter flower pattern that I’m looking for as exhibited by the pawn shop ring? Eg oversized star facets? Shallower crown?

I posted a reply on starting a new thread on your search. Make it a catchy title so that old cut lovers will help you. Have a read of that reply above and it would guide you on what you need to consider as your 'must have' in an OEC. They are then the specs that you approach all vendors cos you want them to look for the 'same' stone.

As for viewing stones from images, as mentioned before, videos are the best in these situations. I am unable to tell you if there is leakage based on a picture, but there are more experienced posters that probably could. hence, posting a new thread is a strong recommendation.

HOwever, i do not think that there is anything wrong with that LAD stone or setting. if you wanted to cast a wider net of searches, perhaps starting a new thread is something you would really need to do.

WHen approaching vendors, ask for their recommendations based on your specs. Also, tell them of your duds.... as for asking for videos- understand that taking videos take time. they are a business and be respectful of how many you would ask for. I think as a standard... 2 would be the most i would ask. So, that means you have to really rely on their recommendations and being honest about what you would want. there are many stones that are probably not listed on their website, as well. ulitmately, they have a good reputation and they want to make sure that you are happy. they may b e able to do a video of 3 or 4 of them lined up for your assessment.

I have only had one experience with OEC and it was favourable outcome due to the IS image that was supplied. But that is rare to have an IS image.

It is sad to read about your previous 2 'bad' purchases. But, those purchases are great learning tools as much as they are financially painful/ draining

Last edited:

twang07

Shiny_Rock
The latter and for me, more than the budget, the timeline. Plus, the convenience from seeing it in town. Honestly I think my stone is fine generally. Photographing it is impossible! I'm more than happy with it. I got it from a family jeweler in town I don't think they have a lot of their inventory online. The facets are just what keeps me in this cause they are just so pretty, even when they are dark in some lights.

Also I did pay a fair price given what I saw on JBG LAD but OWD had cheaper but seeing it was very high on my list. I think the other posters have given you really good advice so now it's just figuring out what you hated about the stones that you saw and explaining it to the vendors, possibly showing them pictures. The LAD stone and the GOG stone did look fantastic. I think it's worth it to take a leap!

Last edited:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have made 2 wrong purchases so far in this quest, my nerves are what is holding me back lol

I don't have much to say regarding any stones, but wanted to commiserate .... Buying internationally is really nerve -wrecking and the non-refundable fees add up quickly... I looked and looked locally and internationally for about two years until I found my ACC via loupetroop. I needed several breaks , because at some point the search felt more like a chore than fun. I sure did take a BIG risk when I bought a big stone without a real refund option, but I know myself well enough to assess what would be sth. I'd be ok with and other things that would ruin the stone for me....

So, hang in there and listen to your gut , try to look at as many stones as possible and if you have the feeling you are "settling" for something just to be over with it, *don't* buy!!!
Best of luck with your search!

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
I don't have much to say regarding any stones, but wanted to commiserate .... Buying internationally is really nerve -wrecking and the non-refundable fees add up quickly... I looked and looked locally and internationally for about two years until I found my ACC via loupetroop. I needed several breaks , because at some point the search felt more like a chore than fun. I sure did take a BIG risk when I bought a big stone without a real refund option, but I know myself well enough to assess what would be sth. I'd be ok with and other things that would ruin the stone for me....

So, hang in there and listen to your gut , try to look at as many stones as possible and if you have the feeling you are "settling" for something just to be over with it, *don't* buy!!!
Best of luck with your search!

Such great advice to remember! 2 years! Lol. Love at first sight? Maybe I should take a break too..... nah! Haha

Thanks for the encouragement :)

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
Update:

Thank you so much everyone for your input and sharing of knowledge and experiences. This wasn’t my HG stone - a big part of me just wanted it to be, and I may well have settled if not for your help.

I have just returned the ring to the pawn shop and she has informed me that if I definitely don’t want it, they will dismantle it and make something new and more commercial (it’s been in inventory for a long time). This makes me sad for the ring funnily enough.... this was probably someone’s most cherished possession.

I will heed the advice and reach out to vendors, and I have also started a wtb in the Pre-loved section. When the time comes I will start that thread Greg and hopefully you will help me again

If anyone knows some vendors in Australia could you please post them for me.

Thanks again everyone

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, go into the city and start at the QVB, there are two to three good Antique jewellery stores inside there, they are expensive but it will be a start to get your eyes educated to what old cut stones good and bad ones look like and to work out what you like IRL. One is at street level and one owned by a lovely lady (her name escapes me) is up a floor or two. In general items in pawn shops and on Ebay here will probably be cheaper or purchased from the US, but this way you will get a sense of what you are looking for;

http://www.martinandstein.com.au/

https://www.kalmarantiques.com.au/

http://www.chiltonsantiques.com.au/

http://www.anneschofieldantiques.com/

https://www.tresors.com.au/

http://antiquesinsydney.com.au/

https://www.vintagetimes.com.au/

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have just returned the ring to the pawn shop and she has informed me that if I definitely don’t want it, they will dismantle it and make something new and more commercial (it’s been in inventory for a long time). This makes me sad for the ring funnily enough.... this was probably someone’s most cherished possession.
If they’re just going to junk it, see if you can buy the setting for platinum price. It’ll be around $1000 to buy new/otherwise if the prices I’ve seen online for similar is correct - and you like that setting already right?
Otherwise I wonder if it would be a candidate for a recut? And if they would sell it cheaper based on that?

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I think you need to spend some to study the stones and the characteristics that you must have in a stone. Then study the pictures online.

Take the lead from arkieb who has given a few stores to physically visit. That trip would be amazing to cover off any of your Must haves in a stone.

I say this only to guide you further on your trek. I do not want to come across as being Debbie downer. You have a HG picture of your stone.... but your emotions get in the way. Several posters mentioned that the lad stone is good and the pawn store is not. It took some convincing for you to get over the line with that thinking. Even with your last post about what the pawn store was going to do with the stone, you seem to get emotionally attached to the stone. That is great to have as when you see the HG, you will absolutely know for sure. But for now, early in your education, you need to view and sturdy lots more pictures of OECs to know what you like and don’t like. Then it becomes easier to not emotionally attach to a stone that is not near your HG. Does that make sense?

As for getting opinions on stones- it is better to get them BEFORE you purchase the stone, as it will be cheaper. I feel that your previous 2 purchases may have been made prior to ppls input - ie you bougth the stone/ ring and then asked for opinions on images you got or made of them. That is probably the wrong way around. Get opinions first before pulling the trigger.

Putting up a WTB is great... but you also need to know what you are looking at when ppl show you stuff. You need to know what you want and don’t stray from those parameters unless there is a bloody good reason for that.

So for now- Spend time reading up, viewing and studying lots of stones. It takes time... it took me time to find stones and to really understand what I like and don’t like about the stones. Everyone’s flavor is different.

As Many have posted- don’t settle. You will know which one is right when the stone is in front of you, cos you have done all the hard work to KNOW that that stone has everything you want.

I hope that makes sense and is helpful. I do hope it doesn’t come off as being too brutally honest. Guess, the more you study stones, the more you understand what it is you want. Yes, it is daunting, but so much fun!!

twang07

Shiny_Rock

Just to add a bit more to Greg's response. I would tell the vendors your 4Cs as you have before. Then find patterns of the OEC you like. Is it more floral like faceting, or more windmill like etc. You can find pictures of stones you like to describe the faceting under the table that you want. Then I would look for how crisp those patterns look under the table. Then ask about the under the table facets when your head is staring at it directly above. Do all the facets go dark? How much do you have to rotate the stone away from your head to have the facets come back on? Do the facets never come back on? What about different lights? Does this level of darkness change depending on light? Try to identify the light you're in the most. Do you still have your ering now? Use that to understand what light you're in the most and try to verbalize what lighting condition you will be seeing the stone in the most. For instance, are your lights all in the ceiling or is it more from lamps (directly above or more light from the sides of the ring). If there's one central light above in a room, are you directly under the source or more offside from it (like in bed). Use that to ask about the stones personality in that kind of light (still a bit of a leap of faith, more details below).

I sympathize I really do. I think it's really difficult to really understand what we write about diamonds without physically having one to look at yourself and seeing that description in person for your own eyes. As I have stared intensely at my stone, that's when I have started to figure out what I like. And although you can't settle, I do want to say that not every light is friendly for diamonds. It took me buying an ACA to realize that the light I don't like my diamond in the most, well guess what, an ideal MRB also doesn't look great in those lights a lot of the time. That being said the facets under the table is what keeps me very enamored with it. More so then the MRB, but maybe I just need a bigger MRB who knows! Soo just keep that in mind as you search too. Just because it's a great, the most fantastic cut, diamonds can only use the light they have around it. I hope this helps with talking to vendors.

Mina-Lo

Shiny_Rock
Hi, go into the city and start at the QVB, there are two to three good Antique jewellery stores inside there, they are expensive but it will be a start to get your eyes educated to what old cut stones good and bad ones look like and to work out what you like IRL. One is at street level and one owned by a lovely lady (her name escapes me) is up a floor or two. In general items in pawn shops and on Ebay here will probably be cheaper or purchased from the US, but this way you will get a sense of what you are looking for;
/
@arbieb1

Are there places in Melbourne you can recommend to look at OECs?

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok I’m confused about which stone is which so I will just say I really love the one second down on your hand with the matching band. Is that the LAD stone?

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
The platinum is the pawn shop one with matching eternity (also the biggest). I ended up returning it due to the deadness under the table (though I still think about it often. I do love it). I bought the LAD stone and it’s still not set. The custom design process is much more difficult than I expected. This is the LAD stone loose:
AA5881EE-7FC3-4E31-BAC8-EDBCC30D6FD1.png :

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results