shape
carat
color
clarity

My oval halo from Lab Grown Diamond Co (India)

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock
Het everyone,

So at some point last year I got the itch to get a lab grown oval. Being based in Ireland, the lab grown market, while growing now, is still very limited (you see mostly rounds) and also very over priced! Online options are also limited as not all vendors will ship here and with customs and excise duties of about 25%, you realise quickly that the online bargain you found will not actually be a bargain!

So fast forward to early this year and i began to reach out to the usual Chinese vendors to see about stock and prices. While scrolling IG one day i came across a company out of India (Lab grown diamond co on IG) and I sent them a message also on the off chance. From the very first message with them they were super helpful, they even offered to do a cad design for me off my first message before I had even committed to anything with them! I got a really good vibe, so I decided to take the chance and go with them. I gave, Ketan, the guy i was dealing with all my info, shape, size, colour clarity, budget etc and he set about finding me a match. They do also cut to order but that felt a little bit too risky for me and my first purchase so I wanted to stick with a diamond I could see that was certified! I would have no issue ordering to cut now as I trust Ketan to do a good stone!

To cut a long story short we found a diamond I loved (1.2 E VS1, my original spec request was H SI1 min) with no bowtie (my number 1 request), and Ketan made me a beautiful ring. He was competitively priced, super helpful, even when I changed the design of the ring (i added side banquettes) and no issues with communication. I must have asked 100's of questions and no question was too much and he was fully transparent, he sent me pics and videos of the diamond and also of the ring making process, and kept me fully updated on things. Payment was done through a paypal invoice, and shipping was done vis DHL tracked express. I has my ring 4 days after Ketan sent it! So while this was a risky move ordering from an unknown supplier in a different country I was always reassured that things were as they should be!

I would definitely recommend reaching out to him if anyone is looking for something in the future and see what he has to offer, I have already signed off on my next project with Ketan, a 3mm shared prong band, and after that it will earrings (after that I might have to delete his number for a while ha ha). Hope this helps anyone else who might be looking for alternative suppliers as it can be nerve-wracking making such purchases on line!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice, congratulations! :))

Thank you for sharing the process and some great pictures, it is useful information :)

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Thank you for sharing. It’s great how this sub forum is growing (:

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
wowee! your oval is beautiful! the ring looks absolutely gorgeous on your hand! the way you've set your beautiful oval is just perfect, in everyway. may you wear and enjoy in the best of health, bringing you endless delight and glamorous joy!

this mmd subforum is mmd's "rocky talky" and "show me the bling" all rolled into one ...
i suppose laboratory color gem stones also would fall into this mmd subforum, as well
so that is 3 subforums all in one. perhaps, one day, there will be more subforums devoted to mmd...

Last edited:

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Oh that looks lovely :) congratulations.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spectacular! What is his contact info?

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock
Spectacular! What is his contact info?

Hi April, it’s labgrowndiamondco on Instagram. Send him a message and he will get back to you. This is what his IG page looks like. (Hope it’s ok to post this pic, Just Incase there are a few pages with a similar name!)

CB87D618-F9A0-4FB2-BAC0-1C8F60403EEC.jpeg

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock
Very nice, congratulations! :))

Thank you for sharing the process and some great pictures, it is useful information :)

Yes, hoping if someone else is considering a purchase it will take some of the stress out of it!
It is great to have other options to look into and as others have said MMD seems to be the way of the future for quiet a few of us!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks!

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock

Your welcome. If you do contact him tell him I recommend! He will know what level you will be expectIng then ha ha. (I think I may have wrecked his head just a little with my precise instructions but nothing was ever an issue!)

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful! Looking forward to pictures of your shared prong band as well!

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
So beautiful! Congratulations!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Wow it’s so beautiful and elegant. It really is timeless. I really like your design with halo and those bullets on each side of the haloed oval.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful!

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone. I’m delighted with how it turned out!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Woooooooooow!!! Now that is a special ring! I absolutely adore it!!!!! Thanks for sharing, I love true testimonies. It helps me narrow down my search! Beautiful!

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock
Woooooooooow!!! Now that is a special ring! I absolutely adore it!!!!! Thanks for sharing, I love true testimonies. It helps me narrow down my search! Beautiful!

Hope it helps Sprinkles. As soon as my band is done I will post pictures of that also.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lisag103 that is gorgeous! Wear it in good health! Does he have an email address or just IG?

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock
@Lisag103 that is gorgeous! Wear it in good health! Does he have an email address or just IG?

Hi Kim, I’m not sure about email. I contacted him on IG and he the gave me his WhatsApp number and that is what we used to message back and forth. It was very handy as it was fast and we could send pictures and videos very easily. He is very quick to reply (time differences permitting!) and we were able to go over and back on everything! Hope this helps.

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
So my band came and as expected I am delighted! Very hard to get some pics but here it is! BDAB237C-90E5-47FF-9A04-B7288698D5F8.jpeg F949E8E4-C682-4BF6-89C0-5F62B39C04B6.jpeg

Beautiful set! I love the versatility of eternity bands! Care to share the specs?

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful set! I love the versatility of eternity bands! Care to share the specs?

Hi 123, it’s 3mm shared prong, 3/4 eternity. It’s E VS2. here’s a few more bad lightening pics! I love that’s it’s low profile. I didn’t want anything that was too bulky as I didn’t want it sticking out past my engagement ring!

9D1FD80C-E1DE-4A1A-8A7D-694510D0E3E3.jpeg 5940F604-A0AB-458C-A99E-4A6C44F3A470.jpeg

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lisag103 that is gorgeous and pairs perfectly with your oval!

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock
@Lisag103 that is gorgeous and pairs perfectly with your oval!

Thanks Kim, he actually designed this at the same time as doing the oval ring, and did a cad for both to make sure they would fit perfectly. He was so accommodating as I wasn’t ready to commit to two rings having not ordered from him before and he was totally cool with that. He designed both together and kept the cad for when I was ready. It didn’t take very long ha ha I couldn’t wait!

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Hi 123, it’s 3mm shared prong, 3/4 eternity. It’s E VS2. here’s a few more bad lightening pics! I love that’s it’s low profile. I didn’t want anything that was too bulky as I didn’t want it sticking out past my engagement ring!

9D1FD80C-E1DE-4A1A-8A7D-694510D0E3E3.jpeg 5940F604-A0AB-458C-A99E-4A6C44F3A470.jpeg

Thanks! It’s lovely and the low profile is very wearable!

Pearl19

Shiny_Rock
I think your rings are absolutely stunning, really beautiful. I'm hearing good things about the Indian grown and cut lab diamonds, the pricing seems great too. Really good to have another recommendation.

ladysparkle

Rough_Rock
Het everyone,

So at some point last year I got the itch to get a lab grown oval. Being based in Ireland, the lab grown market, while growing now, is still very limited (you see mostly rounds) and also very over priced! Online options are also limited as not all vendors will ship here and with customs and excise duties of about 25%, you realise quickly that the online bargain you found will not actually be a bargain!

So fast forward to early this year and i began to reach out to the usual Chinese vendors to see about stock and prices. While scrolling IG one day i came across a company out of India (Lab grown diamond co on IG) and I sent them a message also on the off chance. From the very first message with them they were super helpful, they even offered to do a cad design for me off my first message before I had even committed to anything with them! I got a really good vibe, so I decided to take the chance and go with them. I gave, Ketan, the guy i was dealing with all my info, shape, size, colour clarity, budget etc and he set about finding me a match. They do also cut to order but that felt a little bit too risky for me and my first purchase so I wanted to stick with a diamond I could see that was certified! I would have no issue ordering to cut now as I trust Ketan to do a good stone!

To cut a long story short we found a diamond I loved (1.2 E VS1, my original spec request was H SI1 min) with no bowtie (my number 1 request), and Ketan made me a beautiful ring. He was competitively priced, super helpful, even when I changed the design of the ring (i added side banquettes) and no issues with communication. I must have asked 100's of questions and no question was too much and he was fully transparent, he sent me pics and videos of the diamond and also of the ring making process, and kept me fully updated on things. Payment was done through a paypal invoice, and shipping was done vis DHL tracked express. I has my ring 4 days after Ketan sent it! So while this was a risky move ordering from an unknown supplier in a different country I was always reassured that things were as they should be!

I would definitely recommend reaching out to him if anyone is looking for something in the future and see what he has to offer, I have already signed off on my next project with Ketan, a 3mm shared prong band, and after that it will earrings (after that I might have to delete his number for a while ha ha). Hope this helps anyone else who might be looking for alternative suppliers as it can be nerve-wracking making such purchases on line!

Hey there, thanks for sharing your detailed review - your ring is absolutely stunning!
I have been in touch with Ketan too and have found him super helpful and responsive. We are considering buying my engagement ring from him but am a little worried about having to pay import duties. Ketan has suggested that he would send the certificate separately and put a nominal amount on the package containing the ring. Just wondering how you got around the taxes issue?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock
Hey there, thanks for sharing your detailed review - your ring is absolutely stunning!
I have been in touch with Ketan too and have found him super helpful and responsive. We are considering buying my engagement ring from him but am a little worried about having to pay import duties. Ketan has suggested that he would send the certificate separately and put a nominal amount on the package containing the ring. Just wondering how you got around the taxes issue?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Hi Ladysparkle, that is exactly what he did for me and there was no issue at all. The ring was sent tracked via DHL express so I had visibility on it and only took a couple of days to arrive (I’m in Europe). He sent the cert a few days later and that took a bit longer as it wasn’t sent express but it was also tracked so I had no concerns!

How exciting, have you an design in mind? If you have any more questions I am happy to help!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results