shape
carat
color
clarity

My "our marriage survived a pandemic" upgrade, featuring my 1 ct lab AVR

mandaluv1119

Rough_Rock
The earlier part of my saga can be found here: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ab-avr-distinctive-gem-heritage-round.266395/

I just picked up the finished product and I can't stop staring... this bebe is a FIREBALL and the setting really shows it off. One little problem, though... the prongs were supposed to be "NSEW / compass" orientation and are not. I didn't want to wait any longer (I already waited 6 weeks for the setting to be made) but the local jeweler who ordered the setting said if I want it to be fixed to bring it in any time, no problem. So I'll wait a few weeks and see how I feel. The prongs are so tiny I can barely see them so I might just leave as-is.

Stats: center diamond is 1.08 G VVS2 lab OEC from Distinctive Gem; setting is a Zeghani 1199 square floating halo with pave custom made in 14kt rose gold; ring size 5.

Inside photos, then outside photos. I'm a terrible photographer (and left-handed to boot) so I apologize for the quality!
20210622_132821.jpg 20210622_133325.jpg 20210622_132844.jpg 20210622_141401.jpg 20210622_141507.jpg 20210622_141517.jpg

Last edited:

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Love the rose gold. Beautiful diamond, Jon is the best!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring! It is perfect and I really love your stone!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond! Do you have a pic of what it would look like with the prongs the way you intended?

mandaluv1119

Rough_Rock
Beautiful diamond! Do you have a pic of what it would look like with the prongs the way you intended?

Here's a photo of the stock setting I tried on (I love it so much more with an OEC!):
20210508_115147.jpg

rustysunshine

Rough_Rock
I think we all understand the frustration of having a piece come out differently than expected, but that ring is beautiful no matter which way the prongs are oriented. You'd have a hard time prying the ring off my finger for reworking, just saying!

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
It’s lovely. I love the colors of your setting!

mandaluv1119

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous... I like the compass set prongs but I think I'd be too impatient to get it changed and enjoy as is!

I think we all understand the frustration of having a piece come out differently than expected, but that ring is beautiful no matter which way the prongs are oriented. You'd have a hard time prying the ring off my finger for reworking, just saying!

I think this is where I've settled... It's great as is, just a slightly different, almost imperceptible design choice, and I'm too impatient to send it back for reworking. "Prying the ring off my finger" is about right. :lol:

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on both the continkuing marriage , and the lovely new ring to symbolize all you two have been through and come out stronger on the other side of!
LOVE that AVR, it is stunning, truly. The softness of the rose gold really does compliment the chunky flashes of the keystone.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I love love love the way your beautiful ring came out! To be honest, I thought the inspiration ring in white gold and NSEW prongs was too modern for a romantic OEC....but in rose gold, and square orientated prongs, the set matches the centerstone and loos great!

mandaluv1119

Rough_Rock
I love love love the way your beautiful ring came out! To be honest, I thought the inspiration ring in white gold and NSEW prongs was too modern for a romantic OEC....but in rose gold, and square orientated prongs, the set matches the centerstone and loos great!

TYSM! I managed to cram everything I like/wanted (art deco-style geometric halos, delicate settings, rose gold, Jon's vintage style cuts, breaking the 1 ct mark without breaking the bank), some of which are at direct odds with each other, into one ring/set and thankfully got a coherent result. :lol: DH is too practical to ever go for a $10k+ upgrade project, at least not until a big milestone anniversary (we've only been married 5 years), but I managed to wheedle him into a ~5k one as long as I promised that this was the only one for a good long while. I don't think I will have any trouble keeping that promise!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results