shape
carat
color
clarity

My Open Tourmaline and Diamond Ring….in the making

VBottoms891

Rough_Rock
So this is my first time making an actual thread! Not intimidating at all. Haha

Let’s start with the fact that I have multiple ‘engagement rings’. It’s kind of a problem. Haha. The one I wear most is my 1.86 ct diamond and platinum antique reproduction ring (Stormy). 5A7898A4-8A17-49C3-88D8-23A60E3514B5.jpeg But I was just missing color!

Soo the idea for this ring started purely based on a green tourmaline (my husband and daughter have green eyes) to remind me of my family. I took so much inspiration from Pomelo’s insane open ring.

After a few months it arrived today….only to be way to tall to wear functionally. So it went back to be reset lower. But, I got a killer picture before I sent it back. So I am introducing Ivy! BD5AF52F-4536-421C-AE49-A4A747CEA3EF.jpeg

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
So this is my first time making an actual thread! Not intimidating at all. Haha

Let’s start with the fact that I have multiple ‘engagement rings’. It’s kind of a problem. Haha. The one I wear most is my 1.86 ct diamond and platinum antique reproduction ring (Stormy). 5A7898A4-8A17-49C3-88D8-23A60E3514B5.jpeg But I was just missing color!

Soo the idea for this ring started purely based on a green tourmaline (my husband and daughter have green eyes) to remind me of my family. I took so much inspiration from Pomelo’s insane open ring.

After a few months it arrived today….only to be way to tall to wear functionally. So it went back to be reset lower. But, I got a killer picture before I sent it back. So I am introducing Ivy! BD5AF52F-4536-421C-AE49-A4A747CEA3EF.jpeg

I love it!!!!!

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
@VBottoms891 deets on the stones please! size/mm? I've been trying to find double asscher two stones forever!

VBottoms891

Rough_Rock
@VBottoms891 deets on the stones please! size/mm? I've been trying to find double asscher two stones forever!

The tourmaline is 3 1/2 carat, 8.5x8.5. The diamond is a single carat, 6x6 ish. Honestly, the tourmaline came off of a shop on Instagram, but it was so gorgeous I could not resist.

I could not find one anywhere when I first started working on it! In all my searches since I finally found one 2 stone asscher, but that’s it.

VBottoms891

Rough_Rock
She is back!!!! I feel like that took forever! She has now been lowered, so I can easily wear her around. In changing the height, the opening closed slightly, but that is not a problem for me at all! image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 42

hardwear

Rough_Rock
Just Beautiful. How comfortable is the open ring to wear?

VBottoms891

Rough_Rock
Just Beautiful. How comfortable is the open ring to wear?

It definitely takes some getting used to! Haha. But so far it has been comfortable. It is a bit easier to handle when my fingers swell than my other rings.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the open concept and the beautiful color!

VBottoms891

Rough_Rock
Love the open concept and the beautiful color!

Thank You!!! It took me a while to find the exact color I was looking for, but it was worth it. I normally don’t even care for the color green. Haha

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
THis is sooo beautiful I love it! I have to add something like this to my ever growing wish list... LOL

VBottoms891

Rough_Rock
THis is sooo beautiful I love it! I have to add something like this to my ever growing wish list... LOL

You are so sweet! Honestly, your ring is on my wish list!!! I LOVE Old European and Transitional Cut diamonds!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
This is really beautiful. I love the clean, modern lines of it, and that pop of color is powerful!

VBottoms891

Rough_Rock
This is really beautiful. I love the clean, modern lines of it, and that pop of color is powerful!

Thank you!! It is definitely one of my more modern pieces. I love things that are bezel set because I don’t have to be as worried about losing a stone while wearing them.

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
What’s your finger size please?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results