shape
carat
color
clarity

My OMC engagement ring with black enamel

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
At long last got my fiance to take some photos and resize them.

I hade always planned on buying online but then I got sucked into the old cut vortex and could not find my way back. It was love at first site with this stone, it winked and sparkled with hugh flashes of colour and I just knew it had to be mine. Those minutes at the auction were excruciating and I don't think I breathed at all during the bidding war. But I prevailed and went home with the prize!

The stats that I have are: size 6,89x6,17x3,62, anyone care to guess at the carat weight?
It is supposed to an H and is really white, I can see no difference with a D. Trying hard to convince myself that this is good, I really prefer warmer nearly champange stones but this stone called to me.
It s also supposed to be an SI1 disregarding the nicks and such at the girdle. But it is not eye clean, it has a carbon spot that is visible in sometimes but that is all I could find when looping it.

The ring is from 1866 in 18kt yellow gold with lack enamel details. It was created in a place in Sweden called Norrköping and I can't remeber the jeweler if someone is interested I can look it up.

Onto the photos (everyone cross thier fingers):

DSCF0173ju.jpg

DSCF0120ju.jpg

DSCF0225ju.jpg

DSCF0212ju'.jpg

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
more pics

DSCF0163ju.jpg

DSCF0198ju.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!
Thats super super cool.
I really love it!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - that is beautiful, natascha! The detail is lovely :love:

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: It is beautiful!!!!! Please post more pics if you like ;)) :Up_to_something:

lokelani

Rough_Rock
What a unique piece! Gorgeous stone!! :love: Ah, and who doesn't love a game of "guess the carat weight?" :naughty: Hmm... I'm gonna go with... 1.35?

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Love the enamel Natascha! Congratulations on your engagement!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring. Congratulations on your engagement.

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for your kind comments, they mean a lot especially since you all have so many pretties to ogle. It is wonderfull to get some nice response to it since I live in Sweden where the interest for this type of thing is pretty low. The norm for engagement rings here is a simple gold band hihi.

I don't really have that many photos since we bought a new camera just days before sending it in for a reset, so good pics are hard to find.

Please excuse my spelling, I know it sucks but the spell check is in Swedish.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Natascha, it is simply stunning! Many congrats on such a lovely find!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, it's so elegant! It looks like it came right off of some queen's finger from way back when....

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I ADORE it. That setting takes my breath away. Truly. So freaking amazing! Wow.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful. What a wonderful, unique setting -- congratulations!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is gorgeous and so unique! I love it! Definitely more pics please!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Total yum--love the prongs!

cheers--Sharon

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
What a fabulous ring! Your stone does look very white and sparkly, and the setting is both substantial and delicate. It looks wonderful on you!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE it! Congratulations.
Did I understand right that you are resetting the stone?

stci

Ideal_Rock
Despite I'm not a fan of yellow gold, this piece is to die for! Really adorable! :love:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's GORGEOUS!! :love: Congratulations on such a wonderful, wonderful find!! :appl: :appl:

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone, the quality of both the stone and the setting have really spoilt me. Sharon is totally right in loving the prongs, they have such detail and are so small and delicate and at the same time don't cath at practically anything.

I know it's ugly to brag but this is a diamond forum so I hope it is ok. I have been looking at auctions for several years at least once a week and this stone outperforms them all, even the modern rounds. I know it probably can't compare to H&A and AVC but here in Sweden I have found nothing that beats it. Oh and I think I got it at a really good price.

KaeKae- yes you understood right, I am reseting it. For several reasons but one that weighed heavily is that I am a size 5 1/4 and the ring is a 7 1/2. I have spoken to several jewelers regarding resizing it since from what I have understod you need to keep the enamel cool during the process. Most of them have been a disapointment, tex saying yes yes we can resize it it is easy but then proving thru their words that they have no clue. One jeweler that is also the head goldsmith for his store recommends to not resize and instead do sizing beads from tex silver.

So the plan is to reset the diamond into a bezel halo which is what I really want and will hopefully protect the girdle, then put sizing beads into the old setting and either a rhodolite or tsavorite garnet, for my right hand, which is a size 6 1/4 so the beads should work.

Sorry for the novel, it is just that I feel a bit horrible for changing this ring but it spins like crazy and I have on several occasions when this has happened whacked it pretty hard and every time I get scared that I will ruin it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring and diamond are really beautiful and I am glad you are keeping the setting and putting another stone in it!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty! I love the setting and the stone looks lovely as well. It really is something quite special!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool ring!!! I love it :appl:

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
yummy yum yums! LOVE it

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
That is very cool!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, it's too bad that you have to reset it, but the upside is you have TWO great rings in the end, right?
A rhodolite or a tsavorite will look beatiful in that setting, too. Can't wait to see the final products.

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
lovely and unique and PERFECT!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So cool...I can see why it spoke to you!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stunning ring!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results