shape
carat
color
clarity

My OMC E-bay find (thanks to Gypsy!) now, how to set?

AnneinGA

Shiny_Rock
So I'm sure most of you know about Gypsy's ability on e-bay; I love seeing her recommendations and on a recent thread she mentioned an auction to a poster who ended up going a different direction, so I went for it! And I won! http://www.ebay.com/itm/330637499898?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648 I ♥ you Gypsy! Thanks so much. I love your finds and will continue to try to get myself in trouble with them!

Funny thing, it's an M and I love it! I can't believe it - I thought that the color might be way too low, and against my H's in my 5-stone I can see that it's not the same, but it's neither yellow or ginger-ale. I am really thrilled.

One thing I noted on the GIA dossier cert is that it's from the Muzo Mine Emerald Co in Toronto. Does that mean it's a canadian diamond? I tried to google that company but there was not a lot of info.

So I have no idea how to set it. Part of me is enjoying having it in the paper. I am hooked. I have unwrapped and rewrapped it a number of times and am enjoying playing with it in all different types of light. Part of me has just enjoyed the hunt and thinks that I should continue and find another one in the future - who knows? but I think I'm hooked (uh-oh!).

I would like suggestions on settings. Can you halo an OMC? I think a ring is where I want to go. BGD had a couple of bezel ideas I was thinking of, probably in yellow gold; They have a Yogo setting that I was thinking I could add one blue sapphire and then halo this OMC in the middle of the setting. Any other ideas?

Photos are below.

IMG_0584.JPG

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that one. I don't think it is an OMC, though, looks like a classic OEC to me! I would set it in a ring to enjoy, either as a RHR or alternate e-ring for times you dont' want to wear your more blingy set. Halos with lower colors are cool in many ways because the contast is pretty.

AnneinGA

Shiny_Rock
Dreamer, you are right of course. It's listed as an OMB on the cert. I just love the chunks, I still get them mixed up sometimes! :))

I have the dossier to post but i can't get the attachments to load! Later, hopefully

AnneinGA

Shiny_Rock
cert

cert.jpg

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
It is lovely! I also think it is an old European cut.....they learned how to dopp a diamond and put it on a lathe to grind against another diamond creating a round stone with a bruted girdle. Of course there is a lot of transition and variation between the cutting style of OMC and OECs but the bruting of girdles was something more sophisticated than they were doing at the mines....thus round with bruted girdle=european cut.

An absolutely beautiful find by any name!!!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
it's stunning! I second putting it in a RHR or even an alternate Ering when you want to switch it up!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With the extremely thin girdle, you do need to put it in a bezel, but a halo would really be nice to add some diameter! Very pretty stone!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY! What a gorgeous stone, it actually reminds me of the one I have on the pre-loved forum in terms of faceting so... I think a halo would be lovely (I put that one in a halo at Joe Escobar and it really looked great).

What's your budget honey?

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow what a find! Good work ladies. :appl:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love BGD I really do. And if you want to go custom-- trust me, I TOTALLY get it-- I would look at Saturn Jewels, Beverly K, Parade, and Simon G for inspiration. They all have lovely vintage styles and you can pic a few inspiration pics and work something out with BGD.

AnneinGA

Shiny_Rock
So I have two ideas. I am a band person; thought of these. Both are BGD. One is a Mojo. One is a alternating eternity. Forgive the rather crude mock ups. What do you think? I would not go all the way around with either. My ring size is pretty large RHR - almost a 12 and I would want to have this for my daughter when she's older, so I'd leave a bar of gold in the back to size back down.

ideas.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anne :)|1321888465|3066116 said:
So I have two ideas. I am a band person; thought of these. Both are BGD. One is a Mojo. One is a alternating eternity. Forgive the rather crude mock ups. What do you think? I would not go all the way around with either. My ring size is pretty large RHR - almost a 12 and I would want to have this for my daughter when she's older, so I'd leave a bar of gold in the back to size back down.

Oh I ADORE The sapphire one. I'd TOTALLY do that. Just fabulous!!! Great eye Anne!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results