shape
carat
color
clarity

My Old European Ring...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
My fiancée surprised me on my Birthday with a proposal. To make a very sweet and long story short - he proposed on the beach at sunset. (And I had NO IDEA he has this planned!)

Now - I just want to share my gorgeous ring with PS since you guys appreciate a pretty stone! (Now I know how this intense excitement about being engaged feels. I am on cloud 9!)

The ring is absolutely blinding.

My fiancée and I had been looking at settings and diamonds pretty casually for the last few months. I originally wanted an Asscher, but after we visited some antique jewelery stores - we KNEW we found our perfect style.

This ring was purchased through Single Stone in Los Angeles. My fiancée and I went in there on a whim about a month ago. We had a fabulous time with the staff and owner.

The staff showed us every ring they had that was along the lines of what I wanted. I must have tried on 20+ rings. I was looking for something 1.25 - 1.50ct, any color / clarity combo. I just wanted an amazingly well-cut old stone.

I would absolutely recommend them to anyone looking for Miner and Euro rings. If you are interested in older pieces, their displays are filled with an elegant and beautiful selection.

The week after we visited Single Stone, my honey went back to make a final choice. (Of course, I was NOT in loop on this.)

A wonderful little side note about the vendor - they told my fiancée that if I was not 100% pleased with his final selection, I could come back and exchange it for another ring we had also loved. They left everything completely open for him, which refreshingly nice. (Although, there is no way it will be returned!)

Now on to the ring... My stone is - 1.5ct, F / SI1.

detail white sparkle 1.jpg

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
Some sparkle pics...

throwing color.jpg

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
Yum!

Double sparkle 1.jpg

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
Sunglasses needed
1.gif

blinding yellow and green.jpg

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
appl.gif
Beautiful Ring~!~!~!

Needed my sunglasses on that last picture
love.gif

Congrats!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, you lucky lady!

love rocks

Rough_Rock
BEAUTIFUL!

My Fiance just bought my ring from Singlestone...haven't seen it yet though! We decided on an Old Miner cut - I couldn't decide on a setting (so many gorgeous ones), so he picked one out without me (!)...we're still waiting for the ring to be built...

Your ring is gorgeous! They do such beautiful work!
(please sir, post more pics!
2.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is SO pretty! I like Antique looking settings but they aren't my normal style...

JennyN

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous!!! I too love the old cut stones. Hopefully I will get my digital camera back soon so I can take some photos & post them. I used my grandmother's Old European Cut diamond in a newly bought setting.

Congratulations and enjoy!!! It's beautiful.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!

NY SPARKLE

Rough_Rock
GORGEOUS!!!!!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
I love your diamond and setting. There's so much charm in old mine cuts. Is your setting a new "antique" or an original antique?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL!!!!! It's got so much fire and I love the setting!!!
appl.gif

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the congrats!

It is an original antique from the early 1900's.

pandora

Rough_Rock
It's gorgeous! I have an Old European cut also and I think they have the most beautiful fire to them. Your setting really compliments it. Congratulations!

Patti

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Oh WOW, that is exquisite! I may be converted to antique style rings yet, looking at this one! Best wishes, and wear it joyfully always!!!
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

kpebbles

Shiny_Rock
that is a truly beautiful ring! you got some amazing, and blinding pics of it... congratulations!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
REally exquisite ring... I love antique style rings, they bring such nostalgia!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I love your ring. I'm also a fan of old cuts, and love the plump look they have.

I have an old european cut for my e ring.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh, my heart is leaping out of its chest! You lucky gal you! And, may I say, you have great taste?
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results