shape
carat
color
clarity

My OEC from Ashley at SW Diamond Cutters and Set by Barry at the Diamond Factory

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! So white and yet shows such beautiful colors. That’s a stunner!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dieeeeeee. A transitional/OEC from SW diamond cutters just jumped to the top of my "things I don't need but WANT" list

I say do it! :devil:

For anyone who is interested the diamond is 3.34 carats and G/VS1. I reached out to Ashley and we had a great phone conversation and he agreed to source a RB lab diamond to re-cut for me. I gave him my color/clarity/size preference and my budget. He was absolutely wonderful to work with as well as Nicole.

SW Diamond Cutters share a building with the Diamond Factory and arranged for Barry to call me regarding a setting once the diamond was done and had come back from IGI. Nicole walked the diamond over to Barry and he called me. I asked Barry to place it in a solitaire with sizing beads and sent him a picture. The setting is exact to the picture I sent him. Once the ring was set he sent the ring and the ring and cert arrived to my door less than 24 hours later. :)

All in all it was a fantastic experience.

My Iphone pics and the fact that I smudge a diamond within seconds of putting it on do not do the stone justice. It's white, bright, with tons of fire, scintillation and personality. Crystal clear in all lighting, even direct sunlight.

Thanks everyone for sharing my journey and for leading me to Ashley.

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks great on you, huge in fact and I love your nail color!

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
My jaw dropped when I saw this. This is absolutely stunning!! I've been looking forward to seeing this beauty and It so doesn't disappoint @Lisa Loves Shiny. Hope you're enjoying the heck out of her. So beautiful!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much @YadaYadaYada and @JV36912. You are both too kind. :) I am enjoying the ring and the 5 stone band I just bought pre-loved from a wonderful PS member. I am going on a jewelry buying hiatus again while I enjoy looking at the beautiful sparklies that PS members post. I think the only other diamond that I want is an asscher cut diamond and maybe someday down the road that will happen. Thanks for sharing my excitement.

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What an absolutely stunning ring! The faceting and bold flashes are swoon worthy. What was your initial reaction when you opened the box?

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an absolutely stunning ring! The faceting and bold flashes are swoon worthy. What was your initial reaction when you opened the box?
Thank you and thanks for asking.

Hubby opened it for me. We had the car packed for a getaway and I had just enough time to slip it on my finger (relieved it fit) before he started getting impatient to head out. I thought of grabbing my loupe but didn’t want to delay.

Then I had to pay attention to driving and unpacking so it was about 5 hours before I got a good look at the diamond. You know how some pieces just feel like “yours”? I felt that way when I had a chance to really appreciate it.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
It is truly a stunner. Congratulations and wear it in good health!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! It’s dreamy! What a beautiful stone and you wear it so well too!! Thank you for sharing your journey. It’s such an awesome option for PSers. Enjoy your stunner.

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you and thanks for asking.

Hubby opened it for me. We had the car packed for a getaway and I had just enough time to slip it on my finger (relieved it fit) before he started getting impatient to head out. I thought of grabbing my loupe but didn’t want to delay.

Then I had to pay attention to driving and unpacking so it was about 5 hours before I got a good look at the diamond. You know how some pieces just feel like “yours”? I felt that way when I had a chance to really appreciate it.

How the heck did you manage to pay attention to driving with that stunning honker on your finger?!

And more pics please! Damn now I feel like I need an OEC instead of an EC.

Tiff1886

Rough_Rock
You know how some pieces just feel like “yours”? I felt that way when I had a chance to really appreciate it.

The video from under the trees is amazing!

If you have time for more pictures - can you show a couple of the side profile of the stone -or- of the setting? I bet the crown height and the smaller table look reaaal nice! Thanks for sharing!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about some more pictures! I’m sure I can’t be the only one who would love to see more of this one.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
dont want to derail this thread, but @DejaWiz @Karl_K Do either of you know how to calculate lower halves from this type of certificate?
Not from the report by itself unless the numbers are there.
The report is not to scale.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone for the kind comments and sharing my joy. I was able to capture some Kozibe and color reflections today. I also tried to include a pic of the diamond’s crown. I don't think I got off all the Dawn dishwashing detergent when I cleaned it. lol 5D46F9D2-8943-4D02-A397-7C032B316F66.jpeg 8B019B59-FE87-4CDD-9FC6-84328875D371.jpeg 1ECEC733-2898-4556-B3B1-D4BED0434A46.jpeg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Lisa, It is so beautiful!!!! I love the setting too! Opening the ring box and seeing this must have set your heart racing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results