shape
carat
color
clarity

My newest treasure - pearl necklace from Takahashi

Boom

Shiny_Rock
I’ve been on PS for a very long time but I wandered into the Pearl forum for the first time last year.

To be honest, I had no interest in pearls for the longest time. I have one strand of small pearls that my mother bought for me when I turned 20 a long time ago which I never wear. Totally unfamiliar territory for me but I became more and more intrigued as I read the posts and gawked at the pictures.

I reached out to our resident pearl expert, @yssie who has been the most knowledgeable, patient and kindest teacher ever. She put me in touch with Takahashi, guided me throughout the process and I am now the proud owner of a breath-taking 8.5-9mm Akoya necklace with a touch of pink. I also got a pair of studs of the same quality to complete the set.

YY at Takahashi was always very responsive so working with her was such a delight.

I now totally get the fuss about a great quality pearl necklace.

The second I put them on, my face is bathed in a soft, warm glow of light that immediately brightens up my complexion. It makes me look younger and more energetic, and totally elevates whatever outfit I’m wearing. I think I need a bracelet next!

image1(1).jpeg IMG_7266.jpg

With the ear studs
IMG_7552.jpg

Calla-lilies

Shiny_Rock
Stunning!!! Absolutely gorgeous! Enjoy.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful luminous Akoyas -- perfect on you -- enjoy!

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
STUNNING!!!!

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! I love the way they pick up the color of your clothes.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Holy moly…. Those are spectacular!! These look nothing short of gem quality, what grading did Yy give them? Love them soooo much!

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! Beautiful set of pearls---wear them in good health.

( @yssie is a treasure and we are all happy to have her help with pearls.)

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful. I'm so glad you posted them, I noticed the pic showing your gorgeous new earrings and while the earrings are to die for, "ooh pearls" was my initial response.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’ve been on PS for a very long time but I wandered into the Pearl forum for the first time last year.

To be honest, I had no interest in pearls for the longest time. I have one strand of small pearls that my mother bought for me when I turned 20 a long time ago which I never wear. Totally unfamiliar territory for me but I became more and more intrigued as I read the posts and gawked at the pictures.

I reached out to our resident pearl expert, @yssie who has been the most knowledgeable, patient and kindest teacher ever. She put me in touch with Takahashi, guided me throughout the process and I am now the proud owner of a breath-taking 8.5-9mm Akoya necklace with a touch of pink. I also got a pair of studs of the same quality to complete the set.

YY at Takahashi was always very responsive so working with her was such a delight.

I now totally get the fuss about a great quality pearl necklace.

The second I put them on, my face is bathed in a soft, warm glow of light that immediately brightens up my complexion. It makes me look younger and more energetic, and totally elevates whatever outfit I’m wearing. I think I need a bracelet next!

image1(1).jpeg IMG_7266.jpg

With the ear studs
IMG_7552.jpg

this is gorgouse :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
yssie is the pearl Queen

I'd like to see the necklace your mom gave you too if and when its convinant for you

RockOnReen

Shiny_Rock
Oh my, those are absolutely gorgeous!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
They’re absolutely fabulous!!!!

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
Simply too sweet!
I first noticed the necklace when you posted your VCA earrings at the other thread =)2

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stunning! They suit you perfectly and look truly luminous.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Boom You’re so sweet. I love chatting with you ❤️ And your pearls are spectacular, thank you so much for sharing more photos of them!!

The size is beautiful on you. They have presence, but they aren’t “large” - they look so classic. In that old world finery sort of way. And the glow!! Oh my goodness, they’re little lightbulbs!! In their case and against your skin!! :love:

I’m so glad you enjoyed working with Takahashi!! Their gems are so special. I’m so happy they were able to find you a strand that you’re thrilled with :bigsmile:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow@! I'd love to know the quality of them according to Yy.

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone, I am definitely enjoying the pearls very much.
Luminous describes them very well indeed.
YY described them as above Granpearl quality but they are both Tennyo per PSL.
289517994_190263170042377_6801104307721134866_n.jpg 289253136_562380402156730_1790015889806504650_n.jpg

A couple of photos of the new necklace with my mom's gift to me decades ago.
There is no comparison, the luster on the Takahashi pearls is just amazing.
They stand up very well to the sparkle of diamonds in my VCA earrings, in fact they really go well together!
IMG_7646.jpg
IMG_7649.jpg

kikoko

Rough_Rock
Excellent Luster :kiss2:

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
Beautify, beautiful pearls! Amazing luster!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Absolutely gorgeous !

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
My gosh, they’re amazing! So beautiful and stunning on you.

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
Just stunning.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! I love that they "glow" - beautiful.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are so beautiful on you! The perfect size as well!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
absolutely gorgeous !!

Rhd3

Shiny_Rock
They are drop dead gorgeous! I need to get on the Takahashi train. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results