shape
carat
color
clarity

My new Zircon sparkler set by Daniel M

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Here’s my new ring set by Daniel M. The turnaround was lightning fast.

The setting is two-tone 14 carat gold with .18 carats of French set white diamonds. The 8.05 ct OMC style white zircon was precision cut by Premier Gem Stones.

This is my first time working with Daniel M. He was so great to work with that I’m already plotting my next project with him!

Thanks to the PSers who encouraged me to get double prongs. I think the stone feels much more secure than it would have with single prongs.
1985E206-F257-4DA6-B3EF-2503F7E7E81C.jpeg 5E6EE082-5AE1-4570-849D-FD7DD889594C.jpeg

Last edited:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice ring, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! It look beautiful!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! I like how he was able to set it low. Very nice!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Modern, bold and clean. Love it, and the double claw prongs are great. It would make me feel like the stone was more secure too.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Modern, bold and clean. Love it, and the double claw prongs are great. It would make me feel like the stone was more secure too.

Thanks @LLJsmom ! So glad I did the double prongs.:)

Last edited:

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
More photos, pretty please. Zircons are one of my favourite stones. How are you finding the OMC cut and the way the zircon performs?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
More photos, pretty please. Zircons are one of my favourite stones. How are you finding the OMC cut and the way the zircon performs?

Sure @Tartansparkles ! Here’s one more. The weather has been mostly cloudy and grey. I will have to get more pics on a sunny day.

I love the chunky facets of this zircon. The stone has great dispersion. It’s hard for me to capture the fire without video.
A8534243-FD0D-4A19-9324-7D38999241B0.jpeg

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
This is beautiful!

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Sure @Tartansparkles ! Here’s one more. The weather has been mostly cloudy and grey. I will have to get more pics on a sunny day.

I love the chunky facets of this zircon. The stone has great dispersion. It’s hard for me to capture the fire without video.
A8534243-FD0D-4A19-9324-7D38999241B0.jpeg

It's gorgeous, wear in good health =)2

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!

Its so fun to have a new bling project completed -- enjoy!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Those double prongs really do look elegant.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Dan M constantly exceeds expectations. That stone is so glittery even in a static photo. Just love the presence on your hand. Will you share your finger size?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!

Its so fun to have a new bling project completed -- enjoy!
Thanks. I'm enjoying it!

Those double prongs really do look elegant.
Thank you! It was definitely the right choice for this stone.

Beautiful ring! I love the beautifully executed old cut on the zircon!
Thanks! Alex Weber did a great job with the cutting. I'm smitten with the faceting!

Wow! Dan M constantly exceeds expectations. That stone is so glittery even in a static photo. Just love the presence on your hand. Will you share your finger size?
I'm very happy with Dan's work! My ring size is 7. I have fat fingers :roll:. I actually had Dan make this ring, larger because I like looser rings, but that was a mistake on my part. The 1.5mm band and weight of the stone are not a good combo. I will have to have Dan make it smaller for me.

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @lulu_ma :wavey:

I'm sorry you need to remake your ring, but I have to say - great profile on the setting!

Something about the curvature of the arms and the way they mesh with the stone stops it from looking disconnected from the band, which can be the case with so many large stones in solitaire settings. This has lovely flow, tho, and looks fab!

I hope you get it how you want it super fast and love everything about it. Bella!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Hi @lulu_ma :wavey:

I'm sorry you need to remake your ring, but I have to say - great profile on the setting!

Something about the curvature of the arms and the way they mesh with the stone stops it from looking disconnected from the band, which can be the case with so many large stones in solitaire settings. This has lovely flow, tho, and looks fab!

I hope you get it how you want it super fast and love everything about it. Bella!

Thanks so much @mrs-b ! =)2 Quick question for you-should have sizing beads put in or just have Dan make it smaller? I haven't used sizing beads before so I'm sure which way to proceed.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much @mrs-b ! =)2 Quick question for you-should have sizing beads put in or just have Dan make it smaller? I haven't used sizing beads before so I'm sure which way to proceed.

I'm not a fan of sizing beads, as I don't like the way the circumference of the band is always larger than your finger. I also don't like the way they feel, tho a lot of people say they can't feel them. I can, and don't like the sensation.

I can totally understand the use of them if you have a finger that swells markedly in the summer, but otherwise, I prefer my rings to fit with no assistance.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your opinion @mrs-b ! I just got the plastic ring size adjusters to try and I find them annoying. Sounds like I should just get the resize. The band is so skinny that a little snugness during the summer should be ok comfortable-wise.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your opinion @mrs-b ! I just got the plastic ring size adjusters to try and I find them annoying. Sounds like I should just get the resize. The band is so skinny that a little snugness during the summer should be ok comfortable-wise.

I agree with you on this - the thinner it is, the less impact swelling has. I do think you'll find difficulty getting your gem to stay on top - it's a large gem and the band is narrow. Have you considered going up in band width?

ETA My 3 stone ring rolls around all the time, and I'm not bothered by it. I'd probably have a limit, tho, and past a point it would be annoying.

Last edited:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I agree with you on this - the thinner it is, the less impact swelling has. I do think yo'll find difficulty getting your gem to stay on top - it's a large gem and the band is narrow. Have you considered going up in band width?

I think I will keep the skinny band. Interestingly, Dan had originally drawn up at 1.8mm band. But, of course, I had to have super skinny look so I had him make it 1.5mm (I blame insta:twisted2:). Since I will probably wear this ring only a couple of times a week, I'm hoping the resize will be enough of a fix.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
@Tartansparkles the sun finally came out today! Here’s a pic of my small collection from one zircon lover to another.
0A30C591-4265-4D69-BA38-F4DC9EC5442F.jpeg

Oh ,, aren't they they best! And even with a fire shot on your cushion. Never a dull moment standing in a supermarket queue with a zircon :)

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
That rock! The cut!
I also love that the head of the ring is set into the shank and not floating on top of it- I am clumsy so it's the first thing I look at. I'm really getting into zircon and would love to see some video of this ring when you get a chance. I haven't seen very much in action. :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results