shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Yellow Zircon from Gene

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AJ,
Lori''s zircon was originally brown, but heated to yellow. Most yellow zircons are originally brown; therefore, the secondary modifier would be brown on most yellow zircons. I don''t want to speak for Lori''s stone though. Perhaps Gene can pop in and also give some commentary on this.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 12:37:15 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
AJ,
Lori''s zircon was originally brown, but heated to yellow. Most yellow zircons are originally brown; therefore, the secondary modifier would be brown on most yellow zircons. I don''t want to speak for Lori''s stone though. Perhaps Gene can pop in and also give some commentary on this.
Ok, thanks TL. Yeah I knew they were heated, but didn''t know the original colour. I just thought it looked pretty green in the pics.
I thought I''d ask Lori what hers is like IRL, as zircon was one of the gems Gene suggested to me for a yellow- but TBH I think I prefer no treatments at all..I''m not sure I''ve made up my mind completely on that yet.
I do prefer the idea of "au naturel" , lol.
5.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 12:32:50 AM
Author: arjunajane
Hi Lori, I know you aren''t really able to take photos - but I would love to hear your thoughts/feelings on your zircon?
I am currently looking for a golden/yellow gem and this is one of the types that Gene offered me - do you like yours? Is it more yellow or green?
And do you have any ideas on setting it?

Thanks I look forward to your response
1.gif
Hi AJ!

This stone is super sparkly and is mostly yellow. I don''t know how Gene takes his photos, but I could never duplicate the one in my avatar. I was mostly drawn to the shape over the color with this particular beauty. She really is pretty.

Lori

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
darn it! I saw action on this thread, and I thought there''d be more pics!
3.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I''m getting there Coati!
9.gif

Lori

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 7:07:48 PM
Author: loriken214

Date: 2/22/2009 12:32:50 AM
Author: arjunajane
Hi Lori, I know you aren't really able to take photos - but I would love to hear your thoughts/feelings on your zircon?
I am currently looking for a golden/yellow gem and this is one of the types that Gene offered me - do you like yours? Is it more yellow or green?
And do you have any ideas on setting it?

Thanks I look forward to your response
1.gif
Hi AJ!

This stone is super sparkly and is mostly yellow. I don't know how Gene takes his photos, but I could never duplicate the one in my avatar. I was mostly drawn to the shape over the color with this particular beauty. She really is pretty.

Lori
Cool, thanks Lori!
And yes, hop to those piccies, lol!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful - so interesting with the cut and those varying colors
30.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, this must be the new modified asscher cut Gene was talking about. He mentioned adding another "side" to it. I love the cut!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results