shape
carat
color
clarity

My new wedding and engagement rings:)

TexasMom

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone!

Well, I am about to celebrate my 10 year anniversary, so my husband said we could upgrade my ring. My old ring was a 2.12 RBC I SI2 set in a platinum halo. I never was thrilled with my setting- I thought the halo was too bulky and showed too much metal. I received many compliments on it- from a distance it looked great and pretty dang big! You really couldn't see the detail work (and the flaws that always bugged me) unless you looked closely. Anyway- after some discussion, we decided now was the right time to upgrade and hopefully find a setting I loved.
We found our jeweler sort of by default- I had been looking at diamonds online and I inquired about one that I'd like to see. They called me back and had me come in to look at a few. After finding the diamond I loved, I was looking at some settings they had available in the office. None of them really caught my eye... The jeweler then realized I wear a 3.25, so anything I wanted would have to be custom made. He then remembered he had taken in a few rings on trade a few months prior that were in my size! They turned out to be perfect. Absolutely perfect. Vintage DeBeers eternity bands in platinum- in my size! And at an incredible price...
So... really long story short- they put the diamond in a new basket that I picked out and put the ring together. I was out of town, so my husband picked it up and surprised me. I love it:)
Specs:
3.02 RBC
EGL I-SI1
H+A Ideal cut

_77.png

TexasMom

Rough_Rock
Another pic:)

photo_2_8.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
That is awesomely big on your tiny hand! And what good fortune that you found those gorgeous bands! They make a wonderful set. Congrats on 10 years!

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful set! Congratulations on your anniversary! :wavey:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
holy wow!! :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl:

TexasMom

Rough_Rock
Rosebloom|1357698964|3350896 said:
That is awesomely big on your tiny hand! And what good fortune that you found those gorgeous bands! They make a wonderful set. Congrats on 10 years!

Thank you so much! 10 years isn't always easy... I hate my hands-they have always been so wrinkled, even as a child... I look at the photos and I cringe- but at least the ring is pretty:)

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ba-BLING! :love:

Happy Anniversary!! Congratulations! BEAUTIFUL!!

I am looking forward to our 10 year anniversary...Hopefully, DH will agree to a decent upgrade with substantial finger coverage!! :naughty:

Your set is classy and really tasteful!

TexasMom

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your kind words:) It's funny, after looking down at the halo for so many years, it was weird to see just a solitaire. I am getting used to it- my poor husband is like, are you really taking another pic with your phone? ;-)

p00rgradstudent

Rough_Rock
CONGRATs on your upgrade!! That is HUGE on your teeny fingers! Jealous

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Happy anniversary!!! :appl: :appl: That is one stunning ring!! Love those little prongs. So perfect and dainty!! Would you mind sharing your jeweler so we can all give them the praise they deserve for that setting? I love when serendipitous things happen...sometimes things are just meant to be!

TexasMom

Rough_Rock
pandabee|1357700143|3350918 said:
Happy anniversary!!! :appl: :appl: That is one stunning ring!! Love those little prongs. So perfect and dainty!! Would you mind sharing your jeweler so we can all give them the praise they deserve for that setting? I love when serendipitous things happen...sometimes things are just meant to be!

Thank you! I loved the look of the double prongs- I thought it gave it an even more authentic vintage feeling- even if the basket is new:) I found the rings at the Diamond & Gold Warehouse in Dallas. The jewelers, Max and Barry, are South African and I learned so much from them about the 4 C's, different cuts, etc. They have a diamond cutter on site and that was amazing to have their cutter show us what he does everyday. I cannot say enough great things about them all:)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Anniversary. Congratulations. Your ring is gorgeous.

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Happy Anniversary!!! Beautiful way to celebrate 10 years!!! Congrats!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is one gorgeous ring and one gorgeous stone that looks huge on your hand! I love the prongs

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful! :love: That was amazing he had those rings in your size!!! :appl:

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
TexasMom|1357699597|3350909 said:
Thank you all for your kind words:) It's funny, after looking down at the halo for so many years, it was weird to see just a solitaire. I am getting used to it- my poor husband is like, are you really taking another pic with your phone? ;-)
Congratulations on your anniversary & for getting such a beautiful ring! And let your DH know that you'll be having frequent photo sessions w/ ur upgrade, so "welcome to the PS family". :bigsmile:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOWZA, it's gorgeous!! Lucky you that they happened to have a setting in your size!!! :appl:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations - this set looks absolutely stunning on you. Here's to many more happy and healthy anniversary milestones (and the bling that comes with them). :appl:

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous set! Congratulations on your anniversary! :appl:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, beautiful set!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Wow a 3 ct on a size 3.25!!!! It looks huge on you! Beautiful ring and happy anniversary :appl:

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Happy anniversary!!! Your rings are just gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Happy anniversary!!! Your rings are just gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! What an amazing and lucky find! They look fab. Happy anniversary!

TexasMom

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone- you sure know how to make a girl feel special:) I have a question- my husband bought me a Shaper Image steam cleaner for Xmas, but my mom says it's not a good idea to use it very often. Do any of y'all have one or have any thoughts on it?

AudiLover

Shiny_Rock
:love: :love: :love:

'Nuff said.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
WOW 3 carats on a size 3.25 finger!!!! Talk about finger coverage! :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: Why oh why do I have a size 6 :knockout:

Your new ring is lovely!!! I'm so thrilled for you! It sounds like you got the ring of your dreams AND a great deal!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful set you have! Enjoy!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous set!!! This stone looks so huge on your hand :love: :love: :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results