shape
carat
color
clarity

My new Vivid Green Muzo Emerald Ring

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Crimson did you get the jadeite lavender ring? I love it!!!! I’m not usually fond of East West but it’s beautiful!!!! And not too big at all!!!

Love your pedant so much! Very much a castle in the sky!

Haha I’m watching The Last Immortal and that has all the xian xia vibes!

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @pink-fanatic, I started collecting about four years ago. Singapore’s a great place for people who like jewels and gems, isnt it? So many shops. I started by reading and learning, and looking at as many gems I could get my eyes on - going to shows, exhibitions and big stores that have lots of inventory and patient staff who let you see, touch and feel as much as you like! like many PSers, I bought learner stones, a loupe, a gem light, tweezers, a weighing scale and other tools. On Cheong at South Bridge Road has very kind and patient staff who let you browse and don’t press you to buy. Shows like jeweluxe and Jewellery and Gem World world are great. MusZa at Raffles hotel is run by a delightful team and they even have gem activities for parties with friends - fun!! JDMIS is a great place go browse and learn - you can even use Skillsfuture funding. i don’t know how to PM on Pricescope either!:P2

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
@Crimson did you get the jadeite lavender ring? I love it!!!! I’m not usually fond of East West but it’s beautiful!!!! And not too big at all!!!

Love your pedant so much! Very much a castle in the sky!

Haha I’m watching The Last Immortal and that has all the xian xia vibes!

@mellowyellowgirl I was hoping you would see the lavender jadeite ring! I didn’t buy it. It is hefty - about 1 cm high or more? o_O The price is pretty decent and the color holds up in normal daylight.
So glad you like the pendant! I thought I would buy a fantasy piece because I don’t have anything like that。It reminds me of Austy Lee’s whimsical designs . My jeweler and local friends know I am not terribly proficient in Chinese and they tease me for being a “potato eater” as opposed to a “rice eater”. So they were all pleasantly surprised when i said, yes, I know it is 云海仙宫。Maybe I should start watching The Last Immortal too :mrgreen2:

pink-fanatic

Rough_Rock
Hi @pink-fanatic, I started collecting about four years ago. Singapore’s a great place for people who like jewels and gems, isnt it? So many shops. I started by reading and learning, and looking at as many gems I could get my eyes on - going to shows, exhibitions and big stores that have lots of inventory and patient staff who let you see, touch and feel as much as you like! like many PSers, I bought learner stones, a loupe, a gem light, tweezers, a weighing scale and other tools. On Cheong at South Bridge Road has very kind and patient staff who let you browse and don’t press you to buy. Shows like jeweluxe and Jewellery and Gem World world are great. MusZa at Raffles hotel is run by a delightful team and they even have gem activities for parties with friends - fun!! JDMIS is a great place go browse and learn - you can even use Skillsfuture funding. i don’t know how to PM on Pricescope either!:P2

Thank you so much, I’ll try out these stores.:kiss2:

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much, I’ll try out these stores.:kiss2:

I should mention BP De Silva, one of Singapore’s oldest jewellers. They are in a lovely building in Dempsey. They have a nice gem collection and interesting artifacts, such as a letter of commission from the Court of Siam. They regularly hold events e.g., tea for Mothers Day.
i haven‘t mentioned malls. Paragon is good for seeing a range of gems e.g., from Vihari, Larry’s, etc. But my fav jewellers are all in older, charming buildings =)2
I look out for gems or jewels when I travel, especially at museums. I also check for gem events. I spent summer in London and attended both GIA and Gem-A events.

pink-fanatic

Rough_Rock
I should mention BP De Silva, one of Singapore’s oldest jewellers. They are in a lovely building in Dempsey. They have a nice gem collection and interesting artifacts, such as a letter of commission from the Court of Siam. They regularly hold events e.g., tea for Mothers Day.
i haven‘t mentioned malls. Paragon is good for seeing a range of gems e.g., from Vihari, Larry’s, etc. But my fav jewellers are all in older, charming buildings =)2
I look out for gems or jewels when I travel, especially at museums. I also check for gem events. I spent summer in London and attended both GIA and Gem-A events.

i checked out Vihari today and the stuff they have is really beautiful, although way out of budget. It’s a great place to browse and learn though, thanks for the recommendations! I’ll definitely go to BP de Silva too

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
i checked out Vihari today and the stuff they have is really beautiful, although way out of budget. It’s a great place to browse and learn though, thanks for the recommendations! I’ll definitely go to BP de Silva too

Have fun! The people at BP De Silva are knowledgeable and very courteous. My dad’s fav jeweller. You will be served good tea!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two little sisters for Minerva? They look Like drops of green dew on a silver leaf. Sorely tempted but resisted, I prefer the one on the right, IMG_2854.jpeg

To follow up on the “Is this too large?” Lavender jadeite, here is another, 3.4 cm long, 2.55cm wide 1.1 cm thick! @mellowyellowgirl you came to mind =)2 IMG_2860.jpeg

Noooooooo not too large at all!!!!! Pendants need to pack a punch! Who wants a puny pendant!

Looooove the lavender!!!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
^ yeah but how do you find a mate for the other ear?

Also: I want a T-shirt with those tour dates on the back

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh are you allowed to take photos? If you are please take some for us!!!
I believe so. I shall take pics of this and the other goodies :lickout:

^ yeah but how do you find a mate for the other ear?

Also: I want a T-shirt with those tour dates on the back

It will have to be a single earring @LilAlex (unless Mrs Ambani lends hers to make a pair). In the pic below looks a bit like a millstone.
The T shirt can be easily arranged;)2
IMG_3145.jpeg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good grief! I was going to ask you for measurements but that pic really puts things into perspective!!!! Wow! It’s so luscious and green!

*runs off to wear her sad little emerald* :p

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results