shape
carat
color
clarity

My new VC ering and band: round center in cushion halo

loricfam

Rough_Rock
For our 20th anniversary I was lucky enough to get a new upgraded engagement ring and band. I picked it out and unfortunately was very disappointed. It was a handmade halo ring which was exactly what I wanted, however it had a huge airline, a lot of metal showing, and was just all around unattractive. Costly mistake.

Fortunately, I discovered pricescope and learned so much. Best of all I learned about Victor Canera and the amazing work he does. Although I was nervous about purchasing a ring I had never seen in person from a vendor I would never meet in person, I took a risk and it paid off. My new Emiliya is beyond stunning. I can't even compare the craftsmanship of this ring to my "mistake ring." And it was a pleasure to work with Victor and his rep Nick.

A huge thank you to everyone on pricescope who takes the time to post and to answer other members' questions! I wouldn't have this ring without you!

Here are the specs:

VC Emiliya with round center stone in cushion halo
pave on shank, donut and struts
single row pave halo (not double edge)
2.6ct G, SI1
8.76 x 8.80 x 5.46mm
Excellent cut, symmetry and polish
HCA 1.6
.58ct melee in the ering setting
.37ct melee in the wedding band
ring size 5 3/8

I'm a horrible photographer but here are a few handshots I took with my phone in different lighting. The halo is quite delicate. I think it's smaller than what Victor usually does, but not sure. Thoughts on this? Either way, I love it!!

I wanted to share some pics since there are not a lot of round centers with cushion halo that are not double edge halos. Thought it might help others who are considering this since I had a hard time finding a lot of pictures.

14117933_1145274728866010_8142505411197816856_n.jpg

img_0820.jpg

img_0817.jpg

img_0830_2.jpg

img_0829.jpg

img_0833_0.jpg

img_0842.jpg

Groucho

Rough_Rock
Your ring is beautiful. I really like the round diamond/cushion-shaped halo combination. Enjoy your wonderful ring.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, stunning ring, Victor's halos are amazing!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty! It looks really big on your finger! Congratulations on your engagement!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love a square halo around a round stone. And victor's are stunning! Congratulations on 20 years!! What a beauty your whole set is.

loricfam

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your kind words! I can't tell you how happy and relieved I am. After receiving the "mistake ring" I was not only sad but also angry that I had wasted so much money. Now I'm jus thrilled and hoping for another 20 years of marriage with this ring!

I seriously cannot thank all you ps users enough. I lurked for a while and learned so much about diamonds and about halos. I'm amazed by all of your knowledge. That's what led me to this final ring. Thank you!

By the way, Victor posted a much better shot of my ring and band on his Facebook and Twitter pages. I was excited to see that.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cqp7VhUWAAAZq5f.jpg:large

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful rings - congrats on getting a set of rings you love and on 20 years! Best wishes for many more to come!!

Downsy

Shiny_Rock
Goodness another beautiful huge diamond! It looks great on your hand and I'm sure you're thrilled every time you look down and see it. :)

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks lovely and substantial on you! :appl: Can we see a profile view of your halo? TIA! :wavey:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! :love: :love: :love: Congratulations! :clap:

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely beautiful!!!! Enjoy that masterpiece!!!

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful!! Congrats!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! It's stunning and it's perfect on you! Happy 20th anniversary to you and your DH!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's stunning! The cushion halo frames your ring so beautifully!! I love the combo with your band as well. Enjoy wearing your stunning wedding set

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring :love: and congratulations on over 20 years together. :appl:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and congrats on your annniversary!

JD417

Rough_Rock
I absolutely adore a round stone in a tight cushion halo! Best of both worlds. :love: :love: :love:

thorstedswife

Shiny_Rock
Love it !! I have a halo cushion cut and it is just sparkles like crazy looks like yours does the same !! Congrats and enjoy !

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful! Congrats!

loricfam

Rough_Rock
Thanks, everyone! I look forward to putting it in on every morning and can't stop looking at it all day!

m-2-b - Here are some profile pictures. The diamond takes up the whole basket, which looks amazing. I've been trying to figure out if the culet actually goes into the donut a little, but I can't tell.

img_0994.jpg

img_0902__2__0.jpg

img_0898.jpg

img_0892_0.jpg

AllThingsSparkling

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh it is just beautiful! The craftmanship and the centerstone good Lord!! :love: :love: :love:

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! Great proportions too :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results