shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT My new upgrade! 2.33 RB K/SI2

otismitch

Rough_Rock
Hello all!

I want to thank all of you and share my new upgrade! I originally joined PS in 2010 to find our first engagement ring. We ended up with a lovely stone and setting from Dimend Scaasi in Chicago. My original stone was a 1.42 I/VS2 RB that scored well on the HCA etc., but DSS set in very quickly. Fast forward to 2012, and my amazing husband allowed me to upgrade for our one year anniversary! To stay within budget, we dropped in color and clarity, but I couldn't be happier. And, I absolutely adore my new setting- called Alessandra on Dimend Scaasi's website. I modified the setting to have claw prongs.

Here are the specs on the new stone, followed by some pictures! Most are from my iPhone, so not the greatest quality. I attached a few from Dimend Scaasi, too, which show the setting up close.

--

GIA Report # 2136445441
2.33ct RB- Ex/Ex/Ex
8.44-8.49 x 5.29mm
K color
SI2
Medium Blue Fluorescence
Excellent Polish
Excellent Symmetry

HCA Score 2.6 (But the idealscope looked good!): 62.4% depth, 56% table, 35.5° crown angle, 40.8° pavilion angle

Oh and my ring size is 5 1/4.

Thanks for letting me share! :wavey:

Edited: Typos!

ds_ring_1.jpg

ds_ring_2.jpg

ds_ring_3.jpg

ds_ring_4.jpg

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that looks huge! Congrats!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning ring! I just LOVE that setting! :love:

Enjoy your beautiful upgrade!

Cachette :))

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
It looks HUGE on you! Beautiful diamond and I LOVE that setting :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, congrats on the upgrade!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like this setting. And I can't believe that is a K! It looks great on you-- congrats!

novicediamond

Shiny_Rock
I think everything about it is perfect, especially the setting, Im really beginning to love White Flash's settings, have not seen one I dislike, yours in particular has a simple elegance, enjoy, what a lovely kind husband too!

novicediamond

Shiny_Rock
ps - tell us about the eternity band too, it also is lovely and the balance/size of stones is just perfect to your E Ring, sometimes I feel they overpower the E Ring..but yours is just right..

novicediamond

Shiny_Rock
ps - tell us about the eternity band too, it also is lovely and the balance/size of stones is just perfect to your E Ring, sometimes I feel they overpower the E Ring..but yours is just right..

novicediamond

Shiny_Rock
Sorry last comment! I also love the warmth of the K, I can see just a hint of cream pastels, beautiful..

otismitch

Rough_Rock
Thank you for all your kind words, thbmok, Cachette, stargurl78, Laila619, derbygal and novicediamond!

novicediamond: Thank you! I love the bit of warmth I see, too. It's pretty subtle, and from the top it looks beautifully white. As for the setting, it's actually a setting from Dimend Scaasi: http://www.dimendscaasi.com/build/step1.asp?prodID=1-2B I modified it a little bit to do claw prongs.

The band is the "Lotus" ring by Leon Mege through Whiteflash: http://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-bands/lotus-diamond-wedding-band-by-leon-mege-1245.htm It's .52ctw and 2mm wide.

Thanks again everyone!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone and BEAUTIFUL setting! Wow!!

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
I love that setting! It's so beautiful and classic! :love: :appl: :love:

starrynight

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous and huge! Looks like a rock that would cure DSS :lol:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
such a beautiful ring, congrats on the upgrade!!! :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty - I love the simplicity of the new setting!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stunning!!! I had a 2.3c J for 6 years and I love that range..! Beautiful setting too!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous! :love: I'm always so amazed when I see a K and how white it looks. I'd love to see one IRL! Congrats on your anniversary and on your beautiful upgrade!!!

jacy

Shiny_Rock
Very beautiful stone and setting! Congrats!

otismitch

Rough_Rock
Thank you 04diamond<3, Rosebloom, JuneRose, starrynight, Skippy, MissGotRocks, Mara, Christina and jacy!

starrynight: It definitely cures my DSS...for now... :Up_to_something:

Mara: Thank you! 2.3ish is a great size, but 3.3ish I'm sure is better! :naughty: Congrats on your new OEC! It's beautiful and HUGE! Maybe I'll graduate to that size some day. For now, though, I'm happy!

Christina: You should definitely try to see a K at some point! I love it and haven't regretted my decision to go down in color at all. But, I don't think I'm very color sensitive, and size definitely trumps color for me. Hope you are enjoying your new RB!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is one of my favorite all time setting, and that center stone is just the right size for it (big!). It looks great on you! How are you loving the K color?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is a beautiful ring, otismitch! I've posted twice and both times they've disappeared...that is how powerful your ring is now - it zaps me off of PS!! :lol:

It is gorgeous! I love your classic setting and the diamond is WOW! It totally rocks on your finger!! and I love the MB Fluorescence! any blue pics you can post??? head on out to a nightclub and snap away for us!!

otismitch

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1343177875|3239388 said:
This is one of my favorite all time setting, and that center stone is just the right size for it (big!). It looks great on you! How are you loving the K color?

Thank you so much, Gypsy! I'm in love with the K color. I was a little nervous dropping down, but I think I actually prefer it to the I color RB I had. I think it has to do (at least in part) that I have olive skin so the creamier color compliments it. I also loves that it faces up totally white and sparkly to me.

otismitch

Rough_Rock
Enerchi|1343178254|3239391 said:
This is a beautiful ring, otismitch! I've posted twice and both times they've disappeared...that is how powerful your ring is now - it zaps me off of PS!! :lol:

It is gorgeous! I love your classic setting and the diamond is WOW! It totally rocks on your finger!! and I love the MB Fluorescence! any blue pics you can post??? head on out to a nightclub and snap away for us!!

haha I can't believe you were zapped of PS twice! Thanks for your comments- I love the way the setting came out, too. My original e-ring had a pave band, but the simplicity of this setting suits me better.

No, I don't have any blue pics yet. I've only noticed the fluoro in direct sunlight so far. Maybe I'll end up in some clubs this weekend for my friend's bachelorette party. If so, I'll try to remember to snap a couple pictures. :lol:

singer

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring! May I ask, who is the designer of that ring (and style name, if you happen to know it)? Is it a Dimend Scaasi setting?

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your upgrade, it is beautiful! :appl:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
singer|1343182357|3239425 said:
Gorgeous ring! May I ask, who is the designer of that ring (and style name, if you happen to know it)? Is it a Dimend Scaasi setting?

Yes, I believe she said it's called the Alessandra. Classic but unique!

otismitch

Rough_Rock
Thank you singer, armywife13 and Laila619!

singer: Yes, Laila is right-- it's a Dimend Scaasi setting called "Alessandra." Here's the link: http://www.dimendscaasi.com/build/step1.asp?prodID=1-2B I think it looks better in real life!

Edited to add: Note that the prongs can be changed, too. I opted for claw prongs. I was also considering double claw prongs.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results