shape
carat
color
clarity

My new to me ring!

fairwayflunkie

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a few pics of a ring that I just bought on E-Bay...It arrived today at home...so I''m freaking out here at work desperate to see it
9.gif

Here are the specs according to the vendor:

The ring is platinum/10% iridium

THE MAIN DIAMOND MEASURES 6.2MM X 3.6MM DEEP FOR A WEIGHT OF .83CTTW. ADD THE FOUR MARQUISE AND THE TWO ROUND DIAMONDS AND THE TOTAL WEIGHT OF THIS RING IS APPROX .98CTTW. ALL THE DIAMONDS ARE VERY CLEAN (I CANNOT DETECT A FLAW WITH MY 10X LOUPE) AND CLEAR OF VS CLARITY, G - H COLOUR. THE RING IS 1/4" WIDE X 3/16" HIGH AT THE SETTING AND 1/16" WIDE AT THE SHANK. IT IS A SIZE 6 1/4 AND WEIGHS 3.0 GRAMS

So my question is how much should I have paid for it, if the specs are spot on? I''m just freaking out I guess...where is the bitting the nails emoticon...hehehe And on to the pics....

NLCRing.jpg

fairwayflunkie

Shiny_Rock
Final one for now...I''ll get a hand shot tonight....Please put me out of my misery
9.gif
I need somebody to hold my hand...

NLCRing3.jpg

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not sure how much you should have paid, but it sure if gorgeous! Looking forward to hand shots!

fairwayflunkie

Shiny_Rock
Snicklefritz...man I have 45 minutes left at work....20 minute commute...get to house pick up post office slip...get to post office...I can't stand it....
19.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful!
I''m not good at pricing vintage jewelery either, but if you could afford it and you love it, then it''s a winner!

fairwayflunkie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for commiserating with me! Only 13 minutes to go before I hop in the car to go home....I got burned on my last purchase (returned it and waiting for a refund...hope it happens...)...so I hope this is the one! Will post again later....

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is beautiful I seen that on ebay here recently, hopefully it is a great ring, you can get some really good buys on there.

fairwayflunkie

Shiny_Rock
OMG!.....OMG!....OMG!....yipppeeeee...I Love it...
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I hope it''s a dang diamond....I can''t see any flaws with the 10X loupe....Here''s some of my awful pics....

OMGRing2.jpg

fairwayflunkie

Shiny_Rock
And literally under the table....

OMGRingUnderTable.jpg

fairwayflunkie

Shiny_Rock
One more I think....

test ring.jpg

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
It''s a beautiful setting! Hope it''s what you were expecting!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous setting! Wear it in health and happiness.

fairwayflunkie

Shiny_Rock
Ara Ann it beat all my expectations...to the point that I can''t see a flaw with the loupe...I thought I knew how to spot a diamond from a fake...I''ll have to bring it to the jewellers to verify...

Thanks Gliterata...I will as soon as I lose another 20lbs so it fits
9.gif
9.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Lovely! I hope it''s truly that nice of a diamond!!

fairwayflunkie

Shiny_Rock
Yes it''s verified to be a diamond of high quality...I''ll be getting the appraisal next week...hopefully with a nice close picture...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Lovely piece--enjoy!

cheers--Sharon

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, this is such a lovely ring!

fairwayflunkie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Dana and Sharon...I hope to get it back this week...then I can get handshots...

fairwayflunkie

Shiny_Rock
I''m getting it back this afternoon
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I''ll post back later...

fairwayflunkie

Shiny_Rock
Holy Smokes and a half ! It appraised at $8,100.00 CDN...That''s about $7,350.00 USD at the current exchange rate. I''m beside myself I''m so in love with this thing
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
...here are the new specs...

.90ct center round Brilliant, E color, SI-1 clarity
4 X .06ct Marquis cut
2 X .02ct Single cut

Platinum 2.830 grams

LisaLondon

Rough_Rock
It is absolutely EXQUISITE! What time period is this from, do you know? Georgian? Victorian? It is amazing. I have a new but vintage inspired diamond stack ring that has that same leafy pattern. Enjoy your sparkler!

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!! Love the setting.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!! Congrats; I love the setting!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2009 11:17:20 AM
Author: LisaLondon
It is absolutely EXQUISITE! What time period is this from, do you know? Georgian? Victorian? It is amazing. I have a new but vintage inspired diamond stack ring that has that same leafy pattern. Enjoy your sparkler!

This ring is typical of the art deco period, 1920s-1930s.

Gorgeous ring, really lovely, graceful design.

fairwayflunkie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks all...I tried to take pics of it yesterday but they didn''t turn out...I''ve lost the 20lbs so now I can wear it...now to get good shots is another story....will post back...

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2009 10:37:03 PM
Author: glitterata

Date: 11/2/2009 11:17:20 AM
Author: LisaLondon

This ring is typical of the art deco period, 1920s-1930s.

Gorgeous ring, really lovely, graceful design.
agreed...its a marriage of elements.The sides are edwardian with the marquise shapes and the cut detailing around the stones and the center is sleek and simple.I bet the designer was older and wanted to keep the ring feminine and modern at the same time and sellable to a wider audiance....so they married these two periods that were popular back to back in time.very nice ring!

freefly

Shiny_Rock
It''s gorgeous! And how did you lose 20 pounds so quickly?!?!? I need to lose a few pounds.....

fairwayflunkie

Shiny_Rock
Freefly, it''s not easy...I follow a diabetic carb diet from the Canada Food Guide...plus I walk everyday except Saturday for at least 30 minutes (3 km)...seems to work...

What''s saving me is yogurt (Yoplait, Source, Lemon Meringue Parfait)...I can eat 650g container everyday...so that helps...

If you want I can scan the two page food guide and e-mail it to you...no problem...

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
That is sooooo gorgoeus! What a find!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results