shape
carat
color
clarity

My new-to-me pink tourmaline CvB solitaire

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So when I bought this ring off @mochiko42 I figured I was going to like it. The 8 prong Jovyn has been a favorite of mine for ages, and I'm a huge fan of rose gold. The center stone, at just under 10mm, is the perfect size, and a pink tourmaline cut by Barry Bridgestock is never anything to sneeze at!

But when it came....

WOW! If my new AVC cluster reminds me of the pale sunlight of dawn, this ring is a flaming crimson sunset! It has hints of violet, touches of orange, and it varies between crimson, deep salmon, and all the best colors of fall. The camera is not good at picking up the orange undertones, so you'll just have to take my word for them. But the pink and purple are clear, and so without further ado....

20190321_173023.jpg

20190321_173424.jpg

20190321_173501.jpg

20190321_173523.jpg

20190321_173557.jpg

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my. Now, isn’t that the most beautiful solitaire? It’s like liquid rose gold. And the color of the stone is so gorgeous. Such a trending now color too! Burgundy is the new black. Love this, enjoy!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it's so beauiful! I saw it on LT and just loved it. Congrats @mrs-b, and enjoy it!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So here are a few that show the orange undertones. In other lights, it is pure raspberry. This tourmaline is an incredible chameleon.

20190322_032540.jpg

20190322_032535.jpg

20190322_032547.jpg

20190322_032551.jpg

Attachments

• 20190322_032535.jpg
    20190322_032535.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 33

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beauty! :love: The color is gorgeous and I can’t believe how much it shifts. It truly is a sunset ring.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, I can’t believe the colour change, it’s stunning and it’s like having two rings in one!! :kiss2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
That’s amazing @mrs-b I didn’t know it could change color from raspberry to orange! Will you wear if as a right hand ring? It goes really well with your new golden cushion! :love:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
So jealous! but so happy that you adore it! And it looks perfectly at home on your hands! :kiss2:

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow that really has great colour change! It has great presence on your hand and I love the cvb setting such a classic design so beautifully executed!

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful on you! The perfect complement to your pretty hands!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Holy cow!! That’s the same stone? I have never seen a color change like that. I absolutely cannot believe someone wanted to sell that. Lucky you! It’s beautiful!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a color change! It's a beautiful ring!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowsers :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring. Graceful and rich. Love. :love:
Burgundylicious.:kiss2:

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful beautiful stone and that setting! It's so sleek and curvy. It's stunning. Congratulations!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and I love how the gem color shifts.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous and the color shifting makes it so interesting as well. It looks great on you!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: I'm so glad you are happy with the ring and thanks for posting some beautiful "post-adoption" photos!! I've always had trouble capturing all the different colours of this tourmaline, it seems like you are having better luck :lol:. Hope you wear it with good health and happiness~~~~

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pink- pish - ishly Delicous! I'm so bias to pink tourmaline...it being my birthstone and all. Lovely ring on you! Congrats and enjoy!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @Sandeek! And it's so comfortable to wear! The metal work is superb, and I know what you mean about the liquid gold idea - dead right!

@junebug17 - thank you! I was so lucky to get it! It was on LT for a while before I bought it, and every week when I checked if it was still there, I'd be holding my breath! :))

@elle_71125 - exactly. Here in MA we have flaming sunsets - like the sky is on fire, then it fades to pink, then inky purple, then dark. This ring is like the whole progression, and the bright orange sparkles in the second lot of photos I took are EXACTLY the colors we get each evening. Beautiful!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous, I love all of the different personalities, and your descriptions are divine!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy cow!! That’s the same stone? I have never seen a color change like that. I absolutely cannot believe someone wanted to sell that. Lucky you! It’s beautiful!

@mochiko42 parted with some really beautiful items for very reasinable prices, it's nice to see them back here loved by their new owners....mochiko i admire your discipline in cleaning out your jewelry box!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sparkles88 - I wouldn't *quite* call it a color changing stone, as you can always see all the hues at any time. But different lighting picks up very different moods, and emphasizes the different tones in the stone. Makes it an incredibly interesting piece. :))

Hi @Mamabean :)) I wear all my rings on my ring finger on my left hand. So I cycle. A lot. Lucky me! :mrgreen:

Thank you so much, @TheGarnetGirl :wavey: It's a lovely ring to wear and I love the heavy head on the slim band. It's a true solitaire, which you don't often see in a colored stone.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @meely :)) This is my first CvB piece and I think it's very beautiful. If I could change one thing, I'd make the band a little more substantial. I've seen numerous comments about the construction of CvB's pieces being on the light side, and I have to agree. But its lines are so perfect - it's hard to complain. :mrgreen:

@MissyBeaucoup - my hands are the bane of my existence when it comes to jewelry, so your compliment is VERY appreciated! I do think this color was made for my skin, tho, which has a natural apricot tone, which makes rose gold perfect for me. The first ever piece of jewelry I owned was rose gold, and I've been fond of it ever since I was a child. :kiss2:

Thank you, @chatoyancy I'm VERY glad its previous owner decided to let it go - to be honest, I couldn't believe my luck! :bigsmile:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @doberman :)) I agree - I think it's a beautiful ring! I can take no credit for it, of course, except for buying it when the chance came!

Lol @Austina! I agree!!

@missy - I love all your '-licious'es! And this one is definitely all sorts of licious! I'm glad you like it. :wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful! as always you and @mochiko42 have unparalleled taste.

@mochiko42 I bought a green tourmaline from you a couple of years ago and have lost it, I misplace everything so if you are ever selling another green one let me know! someday I will find it, just I put it someplace and can't remember where. Age and memory :( hahaha! best regards to youl

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @doberman :)) I agree - I think it's a beautiful ring! I can take no credit for it, of course, except for buying it when the chance came!

Lol @Austina! I agree!!

@missy - I love all your '-licious'es! And this one is definitely all sorts of licious! I'm glad you like it. :wavey:

@mrs-b indeed I do and can’t wait to see it and you in person some day in the hopefully not too far future. And the world needs as much ‘liciousness’ as possible. Don’t you agree? XO.:love:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@suzanne2 - truth be told, I want to pull out the tourmaline and put in a great big warm colored diamond!! Since this isn't...ahem!...fiscally possible, I will enjoy it as is. :bigsmile:

Thank you, @LisaRN - there's plenty of visual interest with this gem - not least of which the nice puffy crown! At the risk of going out on a limb, tho, can I admit that what I'd really like to do is to put it in a cluster of Yoram's light yellow OECs? I've been trying to get that image out of my head from the INSTANT I saw this ring. It ain't easy tho....

Thank you, @natasha-cupcake :)) I suffer from hand-envy on these boards, so when I find a ring that suits my hand, I'm always extra pleased! And 10mm is just right for me! (...altho, for everyone, I suspect!) :mrgreen:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mochiko42 - I'm actually finding it notoriously difficult to capture all its gorgeous tones! What a glorious gem it is, and Barry B did an amazing job of bringing out all its life and fire. So glad it has come to live with me. :))

@ZestfullyBling - what a lovely gem to have as your birthstone! Mine is pearl, and we have a bit of a love / hate relationship! I really wanted something with some color in it, but instead got the most bland of all the birth stones! And pearls also mean long life, and tears. Which I suppose means I'm going to have a long life...of crying...? :mrgreen: Hopefully not!

Awww - thank you, @Dandi! I know I can tend to wax a tad lyrical at times, but with gems like this, it seems almost impossible to do them justice! So I do my best. :))

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did I comment yet on how much I love this???? I LOVE a good solitaire. It’s amazing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results