shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Tanz Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Daisyheart

Shiny_Rock
I thikn I''m supposed to post this here, I posted over in the ring section first... Anyway...

I just got a new ring I''d like to share. Unfortunatley I don''t have thay many pictures as my camera battery is dead and I''ve misplaced the charger, so here are the few I took.

Little background. We bought this is Nassau while on vacation. I wanted a Tanzanite ring, and I just fell in love with this one. It''s about 9.57 carats medium dark purplish blue (I don''t know the exact quality) there are 12 round diamonds and 12 baguettes totalling .88 points in F-G color VS-SI quality set in 18k gold...

What do ya''ll think....

For all those tanz experts, we knew nothing about tanz when we purchased this... Does it look like a good quality, do you have any idea what kind of price this quality stone should cost (wondering if I payed a fair price).... Thanks....

DSC02578.jpg

Daisyheart

Shiny_Rock
It really looks mostly blue, with a hint of purplish from the side in some lighting, and flashes of reddish only on the tips... What makes a good tanzanite?
26.gif

DSC02572.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/31/2006 12:25:31 AM
Author: trishy44

It really looks mostly blue, with a hint of purplish from the side in some lighting, and flashes of reddish only on the tips... What makes a good tanzanite?

You pretty much said it
5.gif
And the fantastic example surely helps!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG your ring is BEAUTIFUL. WOW WOW WOW WOW. I am droooooooling here. Please be careful while wearing it. Tanzanite is a very soft stone and will chip very easily.

Linda

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I responded to the thread in SMTR, but it''s worth saying again - that EC cut in tanzanite is FAB and the color, size, and the diamond fringe is so beautiful!

conitta

Shiny_Rock
Love your ring.Don''t you just LOVE Tanzanite.There is nothing like it....Some say Sapphire but Sapphire does not have the red flashes. Looks great to me.....Enjoy and be careful with it...Like Linda says it is on the soft side.

Connie

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!! That''s a gorgeous Tanzinite!!! Love the flash of purple coming from the cornflower blue.

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
To me the color, cut and clarity of the stone looks perfect.

Maurice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results