shape
carat
color
clarity

My new stone!!!!! 2.7 J SI2 yumminess

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOO, HOO!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
NOW THS IS A STUNNER!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
My jaw dropped when i saw that stone
23.gif

Veeeeery well done Yssie!!!
36.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! Amazing and huuuuge!!!
30.gif

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Oh GOSH! your new center is DIVINE and HUMONGOUS! I can''t wait to see the finished new ring it is going to be something of legend. Although I would never have kicked your old ring out of bed for eating crackers
2.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Looks huge and beautiful. Very sparkly.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
It''s going to one heck of a 3-stone! Your new stone looks really white and huge on your finger. Gorgeous gorgeous!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG I love it! My head is going to explode with adoration for it.

So, how do you feel about the color?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! How will you ever hold your finger up from the weight of that thing?! Incredible!
30.gif

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I love all three together. So very pretty!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Naty, chiquita, btrfly (again
1.gif
), oddoneout, tigian,
dreamer, Laila, and joelly - thanks for looking!

Dreamer - Now that I have it in hand.. I feel silly for having lost sleep over it (and oh, I did
40.gif
). It's not icy white, and the tint would be obvious face-up and from the side if compared side by side to a G, say, but on its own, without that higher-colour comparison, I don't think anyone would call it anything but "white". As in, it's not "ivory", it's not "cream" or "beige" - it's just a slightly warm "white". The fire is every colour of the spectrum evenly - there's no leaning toward red or yellow, as I imagined there would be - it's just not tinted enough yet for that. I wouldn't go any lower in a modern brilliant.

I will say that when we were first engaged I wanted something that would "exceed" my standards and everyone else's - I, like many of us here, have found that the uninformed can be cruelly critical of anything not high colour and clarity. Now, though, I'm not a newly engaged gal anymore and noone's going to be grabbing my hand to inspect or oggle, so I only have to please myself and David.. and he really doesn't care, though he nods and smiles in the right places
2.gif

Total lust!
30.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie You have motivated me to go look at some bigger J''s in person
27.gif
I will rustle some up. I think your stone is STUNNING. And if anyone with ill intentions asks the color or clarity just tell them you have no idea!
12.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go for it dreamer!! Can't hurt, right?
11.gif
9.gif

Always happy to be an enabler - err, inspiration -

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2010 6:19:58 PM
Author: yssie
Go for it dreamer!! Can''t hurt, right?
11.gif
9.gif

Always happy to be an enabler - err, inspiration -
haha... I would love it if I could love a J. I am fickle ya know. I love my G... my K was too tinted for my liking, but it is was really big would I have cared? Meh, who knows.

So is this your dream size Yssie? What was your upgrade journey... 1ct then? I must admit I could not rock such a rock. Do people in your circles wear larger diamonds? I think about 2ct is my limit at this point.

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
THAT is ONE EXCITING STONE!!!! I nearly fell off my chair. Good lord woman is that ever gorgeous!

rierie26

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/14/2010 6:24:43 PM
Author: pixley
THAT is ONE EXCITING STONE!!!! I nearly fell off my chair. Good lord woman is that ever gorgeous!
Agreed!
30.gif

You make me want to get finger-lipo
5.gif

That is some nice coverage and the stone is lovely!!!!! woohoo!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! You are going to be dragging that hand on the ground everywhere! Congrats!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Now THAT''S what''s I''m talking about!!!
30.gif
18.gif
3.gif

It''s gorgeous and HUGE on your tiny hand!!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Now that''s some pretty EPIC finger coverage! It''s going to look beautiful!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never can make up my mind on anything, really. Choosing nail polish is a half-hour adventure..

Re. Dreamer-

I started with a 0.85 three-stone from a local jeweller, the setting was poorly made so we sent it back and decided to start again with WF.
Then came the 1ct three-stone - the setting in the pics here. It was what I'll always consider my "engagement ring", but the centrestone was shallow and had major obstruction issues that were only amplified by the fact that I have dark skin and hair. For a few months I was determined to just put up with it and never change my 'Ering', but.. well, you know how it is
39.gif
. So we went better-cut and bigger, enter 2ct I.

I really thought that that ring would be my forever ring - it was gorgeous and the stone was a real stunner
30.gif
. Again, though, little things became bigger and more bothersome - wearing a wb blocked the culet view because the stone was set so low (which, btw, I asked for specifically - oops!), the platinum half-patina was driving me up the wall, I didn't like the icy white metal against my skin. Sent back to WF to have a loose prong fixed, debated a total reset while they had it, decided that would be a waste, confessed to FI that I'd love something a bit bigger, figured that we could actually swing it... I thought I wanted a 3ct, had one for a couple of days and that ideal-cut rock looked like a glass ornament perched on my finger - the extra 0.3mm that the 3ct had on this 2.7 made a big difference, and not in a good way.

This time I'd better get it all totally right because we won't be upgrading for a good long whilst after the wedding... I'll call both rings my "wedding rings"
1.gif

It's scary to be committing to one ring for the next twenty or so years! Live and learn, I suppose.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cheers, pixley, kitcha, swedish bean, April, platinum, and 4ever!!
9.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2010 6:44:24 PM
It's scary to be committing to one ring for the next twenty or so years! Live and learn, I suppose.
How will you survive?
9.gif
And yo uare supposed to worry about committing to the man, not the ring
2.gif

Sorry to ask aagin, but is this you ideal size? Does it feel like "enough" or are you still thinking you could go bigger?

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your "wedding rings" yssie!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I love the specs of the stone -- what a nice high crown and small table. With the shorter, wider lgf's, your new diamond must put on a spectacular fireworks show. And no obstruction issues either!

And I also love the proportions of your new ring. I'm really liking the smaller-sides-larger-center three stones posted recently.

I think you will absolutely love that J in unplated white gold; personally, I think unplated white gold is the "secret weapon" for making I-J, and probably K color stones look white and luscious.

It would be so hard for me to be patient waiting for this to be set!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/14/2010 6:54:50 PM
Author: dreamer_d

It''s scary to be committing to one ring for the next twenty or so years! Live and learn, I suppose.
How will you survive?
9.gif
2.gif

Sorry to ask aagin, but is this you ideal size? Does it feel like ''enough'' or are you still thinking you could go bigger?

2.gif

For me now, yes, I think it''s my "ideal" size. I look at it and I feel all mushy on the inside, and I think "it''s really big, big enough", which I don''t think I ever honestly thought of my 2ct.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Yssie, that is a gorgeous stone! I love it. I hope it makes your heart sing as well. That will be one gorgeous ring as well. Did you see a big diff between the
3.0 you had and the 2.7? I don''t really see that much difference between a 2.50 and a 3.00.

I am so totally jealous of your tiny fingers! Congratulations and I can''t wait to see the finished ring on your teeny tiny finger!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2010 7:01:22 PM

It''s scary to be committing to one ring for the next twenty or so years! Live and learn, I suppose.
How will you survive?
9.gif
2.gif

Sorry to ask aagin, but is this you ideal size? Does it feel like ''enough'' or are you still thinking you could go bigger?

2.gif

For me now, yes, I think it''s my ''ideal'' size. I look at it and I feel all mushy on the inside, and I think ''it''s really big, big enough'', which I don''t think I ever honestly thought of my 2ct.
Wonderful! I am so happy for you!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock

How will you survive?
9.gif
2.gif

Good question, Dreamer. I can relate to this because I honestly didn''t feel "satisfied" until I upgraded to my most recent stone. 3 cts was my magical mark, and my previous stones just didn''t seem to "measure" up in some way. Excuse the pun. I also thought it would never end, that I''d be longing for something bigger than 3 cts once I finally had it, and shrinkage would sink in. But I am very surprised to feel content and I can see myself with this stone for the rest of my life. This time, I genuinely feel like she''s "the one". She meets all of my carat, clarity, color and cut criterias. I also almost lost her once. She fell out of the previous setting, and I nearly had a heart attack trying to find her for hours. I just kept thinking, "OMG, where am I going to find a stone like this again? How could I have been so stupid and careless?"

Finally, I found her in the car. And since then, I made sure I would never lose her again. I guess that''s how I "knew" she was the one. There are always going to be bigger and better stones, but when you find one that you "connect" with, grab it. I know it''s strange to feel this way about a stone, but from my perspective, the feeling is real.

So Yssie, is 2.73 your dream size or do you still yearn for something bigger/better? 2.73 J SI2 is certainly a dreamy stone to hold yourself over with, if you had to.
3.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Sara, dreamer - I'm so, so happy with it
9.gif
Fireworks in the afternoon sun, indeed!

luv - I actually did see a big difference between the 3ct (9.23mm) and this 2.7 (8.91mm) - side by side there wasn't much difference at all, but something about the 3ct in the temp holder on my finger just didn't look right. It didn't look real, whereas this one looks big and beautiful. Maybe it was a mind thing?

Platinum - I totally understand what you mean, and I'm so happy that you've found it! I don't know if this is "the one" for me but I think it could be!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Stunning!!!!! Look at that finger coverage!!!! I wish I had your finger size! (but I can''t really complain since mine is 4.75
9.gif
)

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2010 7:27:46 PM
Thank you, Sara, dreamer - I'm so, so happy with it
9.gif
Fireworks in the afternoon sun, indeed!

luv - I actually did see a big difference between the 3ct (9.23mm) and this 2.7 (8.91mm) - side by side there wasn't much difference at all, but something about the 3ct in the temp holder on my finger just didn't look right. It didn't look real, whereas this one looks big and beautiful. Maybe it was a mind thing?

Platinum - I totally understand what you mean, and I'm so happy that you've found it! I don't know if this is 'the one' for me but I think it could be!
Oh my gosh, you actually found fault in the 3 ct when you had a chance to nab it??
23.gif

Congrats, Yssie, I think you have your girl (or boy depending on how you see the diamond lol)! I don't think it was just a mind thing, I think that was your heart telling you which stone felt "right". Bigger doesn't always mean better. If you don't have chemistry with the stone, you probably won't love it or get excited about it. And thank you for your support. Your diamond is simply stunning, and I can't wait to see it set!

Now let me ask you this: How would you feel if this stone adorned another woman's hand for the rest of her life?
31.gif

If you get even a slight twinge of jealousy or possessiveness, I think you may have found "the one".

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results