shape
carat
color
clarity

My new setting (2 ring mashup with PS users help)

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
I wasnt sure if this goes here or in show me the bling? I wasnt even going to post this but I cant help it! I love it SO MUCH! It came out amazing. It's better than I could have imagined. I came on here seeking advice about using an antique ring but I hated the basket/head on it, and wanted to used a Leon Mege basket.I asked how to make the Mege basket look more "antique".

I originally wrote a 1 page word document on the back story but have decided I'm leaving out the entire back story here, and I will just say I chose David Klass for the project.

My advice to anyone who wants to do a project: GET WHAT YOU WANT THE FIRST TIME!!! Don't let ANYONE convince you that you want something else, don't let anyone tell you that it won't look right, YOU are the ONLY person who needs to like it!! If you have the nagging little feeling like "It's not really what I want but i guess I'll settle..." DONT SETTLE! Find someone else who will do the project for you then! You can say no, don't give up on what you want, ask someone else if you have to.

These were the inspiration pics:

Mostly from this ring below, except not the flowery basket, and instead of the "teeth" with 3 points, make it a kite with one point.
000-4-Carat-Old-Mine-Diamond-Ring-TSV.jpg

1shank.jpg

I had saved this picture for like 11 years, I LOVE this basket, LOVE LOVE LOVE but its very modern, so i needed it to be more antique looking, so @bludiva was like "Just add milgrain!" Another poster said to flatten it a little and not have it be so tubular. So I conveyed that to David.

leon mege head.jpg

@rockysalamander had suggested using this erika winters lotus

Erika-Winters-Fine-Jewelry-Helena-Solitaire-Profile-825x825.jpg

I also showed him this pic because I wanted that central kite to be larger

0eragemkite.jpg

00_794xN.1587529830_4vtw.jpg

This was my franken ring photoshop. CLEARLY I am not good at photoshop. The MOST important thing to me was the prongs, double claws like here.

frankenringetangle.jpg

I asked him to etch the prongs exactly he did here (but obviously double claws like the Mege)

IMG_5262.jpg

So David sent me a CAD. It looked perfect, but he then sent a wax cast anyway, he wanted to make sure it was right. The center kite was perfect, it was bigger as I had asked, but the 2 little side leaves were not as "bent" as much in the wax cast as they were on the inspiration ring. I wasnt sure how i felt about it. I liked that it was more substantial when looking at it straight on, but I did like the dimensionality of the bent sides, I liked when you see it from the top down how you see the leaves... but then I realized on my finger, i'm mostly looking at the ring head on, when I see it, thats how I see it more. I decided to leave them flatter. They ARE bent, just not 'as bent'. LOL.

I can't say how happy I am with the ring. It's exactly what I pictured. The milgrain is perfect. The thing sparkles like CRAZY. Thats the best part, with my old ring the setting didn't really sparkle, it was so small in scale it didnt do much, this thing just sparkles like crazy!! I didnt like how my old setting was more of a solitaire, no one even noticed the beautiful detail on it because it was just too small in scale, you didnt even notice it. This is much more substantial in scale.

David LISTENED TO ME. That is my biggest take away. HE LISTENED. Not just to "one thing" I said in my email, to ALLLLLLL the things I said in my email. Most vendors I feel half read what you say, you may say three things and they address 2 of them, he read and comprehended everything I said and repeated it back to me.

I dont know who carved this thing, but it is absolutely AMAZING. I have not one "con" to working with David. The price was half what I would have paid with a different vendor, and his work is exceptional. I did not get what I paid for, I got way better. I cannot believe how amazing the milgrain/carving is. I cannot believe the level of craftsmanship on this ring. I love it so much.

Soooooooooooooo now I need to figure out what the heck wedding band to pair with this!!

The diamond is a GIA Old European Brilliant, L 2.27 VS2, 7.97 - 8.36 x 5.42. I am a size 4.25

*note: all pics with iphone

IMG_4956.jpg

IMG_5075.jpg

IMG_5133.jpg

IMG_5149.jpg

IMG_5142.jpg

Attachments

• 0eragemkite.jpg
    0eragemkite.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_5134.jpg
    IMG_5134.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks fantastic!! Working with DK is a dream if you know what you want, which you did. I admit I couldn’t see your vision in your earlier posts but it obviously came together and looks amazing. So glad you got what you wanted and are happy with it!

Yes you should post it in SMTB so more people see it - I think you can hit report post and ask the mods to move it there so you don’t have to repost.

ksage92

Rough_Rock
Beautiful! And David is fantastic — worked with him on 2 projects and couldn’t be more pleased.
Wear your ring with joy ❤️

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow!!!! it turned out amazing! Congrats!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! I think I'd pair it with a very thin bead set diamond band with milgrain to echo the leaves.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad you followed your heart. David does amazing work (as always) and your new ring looks amazing! :love:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow! congrats!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, it's just gorgeous!!! I love everything about it. Congratulations on a fabulous ring.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your beautiful ring! I too had David make me a ring recently and I absolutely love it. In fact I’m sort of sad bc now that my ring is here, I have no projects!

But I think a thin milgrain pave diamond band would look great with your new ring. Just have him set the diamonds similar to the shank of your ring.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
To my ring soul sister - I enjoyed this ring journey with you! The petals on that OEC are amazing and you know I love to miligrain and engrave the heck out of everything. I love your vision and your perseverance to get things just right this time. Congrats on how this came out! I know when you look at this ring, you will have happy new memories that you couldn’t escape from the last one. Next will be that wedding band!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You go, you!
Absolutely beautiful. I’m so glad you decided to post the finished piece.
It’s gorgeous. :love:

mco312

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Beautiful. A work of art!

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
It looks fantastic!! Working with DK is a dream if you know what you want, which you did. I admit I couldn’t see your vision in your earlier posts but it obviously came together and looks amazing. So glad you got what you wanted and are happy with it!

Yes you should post it in SMTB so more people see it - I think you can hit report post and ask the mods to move it there so you don’t have to repost.

thank you! I will try to move it!

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! And David is fantastic — worked with him on 2 projects and couldn’t be more pleased.
Wear your ring with joy ❤

Thank you! He really nailed this for me!

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! I think I'd pair it with a very thin bead set diamond band with milgrain to echo the leaves.

Thank you! Thats what I was thinking, I'm just nervous, I dont want to 'take away' from it. David did ask me if I wanted him to adjust the design so a band could sit flat but I didnt like how it looked as much, so i told him to leave it.

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
I'm glad you followed your heart. David does amazing work (as always) and your new ring looks amazing! :love:

Thank you! I can't stop taking pics of it!

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
wow! congrats!!!

I can't thank you enough for your suggestion there on it! It came out AMAZING! I would have done that wheat pattern all over it but thanks to your idea i think the milgrain works way better so it's not so busy!

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, it's just gorgeous!!! I love everything about it. Congratulations on a fabulous ring.

Thank you! I love your user name, that would have been my backup name... LOL

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your beautiful ring! I too had David make me a ring recently and I absolutely love it. In fact I’m sort of sad bc now that my ring is here, I have no projects!

But I think a thin milgrain pave diamond band would look great with your new ring. Just have him set the diamonds similar to the shank of your ring.

OMG, I agree, I am like "Hmmm... what am i going to do with myself now??" because I saw so many things I loved when looking for the elements of this project!

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
To my ring soul sister - I enjoyed this ring journey with you! The petals on that OEC are amazing and you know I love to miligrain and engrave the heck out of everything. I love your vision and your perseverance to get things just right this time. Congrats on how this came out! I know when you look at this ring, you will have happy new memories that you couldn’t escape from the last one. Next will be that wedding band!

I don't even know what to say to you!! You put up with like 18 months of this with me!!! THANK YOU! for all your support and suggestions and just for listening to me!!

Now we get to make a band... LOL. And I better get on it really, the wedding is in 5 months!

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
You go, you!
Absolutely beautiful. I’m so glad you decided to post the finished piece.
It’s gorgeous. :love:

LOL! I ALMOST tagged you in this because you had said you hoped I would post it but I wasnt sure if you'd remember!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't thank you enough for your suggestion there on it! It came out AMAZING! I would have done that wheat pattern all over it but thanks to your idea i think the milgrain works way better so it's not so busy!

happy to be of any help - you did a great job pulling together a bunch of elements to create your special ring!

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
It’s beautiful!! Nice job designing it! DK really is great!!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful, great job

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! So glad it turned out the way you wanted!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! Thats what I was thinking, I'm just nervous, I dont want to 'take away' from it. David did ask me if I wanted him to adjust the design so a band could sit flat but I didnt like how it looked as much, so i told him to leave it.

If you wanted it to stand out, you could always pair it with a thin, plain platinum band.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results