shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Sapphire Ring from Krikawa (pics!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That is such a pretty ring! I haven''t seen anything from this designer before so thanks for sharing this beauty. It looks perfect on your hand.

elsie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/30/2006 9:55:30 AM
Author: Sundial
That is such a pretty ring! I haven''t seen anything from this designer before so thanks for sharing this beauty. It looks perfect on your hand.

Thanks, Sundial! I should say the same for your pink sapphire ring -- love how it looks on you!
30.gif

Olive Oil

Rough_Rock
Hi Elsie! I think your ring is beautiful. I am curious how you like the palladium, now that you've had it for a little while? Thanks!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Elsie! Your ring is beautiful! I love, love, love the setting and the sapphire is gorgeous. I''ll have to go check out the designer. So pretty...

elsie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Olive Oil and zoebartlett! What a nice surprise to see this thread resurrected again.
1.gif

zoe I''m still in love with my ring, and the sapphire is a particularly pretty dark blue/purple this morning.
3.gif

Olive, the palladium is holding up great -- if I look closely, I can see some "micro-scratches" on the underside of my band, which I assume is like the patina that forms with platinum (never had a platinum band, so I can''t really compare). Otherwise, it''s sturdy like my white gold ring, and the palladium is still as white and shiny (more so on the top, more unscratched part of the ring) as when I received it.

I would highly recommend palladium! I bought a simple palladium wedding band but can''t comment on the wear since our wedding''s in April.

Feel free to ask more specific questions -- I''d be happy to answer!
35.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Oh I love that! Beautiful, dainty and original! Congrats on your engagement!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooo, it''s very, very pretty and I love the color of the sapphire and the setting! Great choice.
36.gif

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
How beautiful!!
30.gif
wow what a wonderful sapphire piece!!! I was wondering how do you like the palladium compared with the other white metals?

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
I love the color of that sapphire. Pretty design.

added: thank you for including a link; there's some really neat stuff.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh, I LOVE it!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Olive Oil

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/23/2007 8:32:31 AM
Author: elsie
Thanks, Olive Oil and zoebartlett! What a nice surprise to see this thread resurrected again.
1.gif

zoe I''m still in love with my ring, and the sapphire is a particularly pretty dark blue/purple this morning.
3.gif

Olive, the palladium is holding up great -- if I look closely, I can see some ''micro-scratches'' on the underside of my band, which I assume is like the patina that forms with platinum (never had a platinum band, so I can''t really compare). Otherwise, it''s sturdy like my white gold ring, and the palladium is still as white and shiny (more so on the top, more unscratched part of the ring) as when I received it.

I would highly recommend palladium! I bought a simple palladium wedding band but can''t comment on the wear since our wedding''s in April.

Feel free to ask more specific questions -- I''d be happy to answer!
35.gif

I''ve been admiring your ring for months, even though I only commented just yesterday! Everytime I want a little eye-candy I bring up this thread.
30.gif
I keep thinking it would make a beautiful (& affordable!) engagement ring paired with a simple thin band. I have been considering palladium because my skin often reacts to white gold, but platinum is just a little too pricey for me at this point in my life. Do you (or anyone) know how difficult it is to size palladium? Do most jewelers do it, or will you have to send it off to be sized?

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Sigh.

Pretty and so femine!

Congrats!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
very very pretty!

elsie

Shiny_Rock
Aww... thanks, allycat, Catmom, Officers girl, colorkitty, musey, mela lu, and Skippy!

Officers girl, I really like palladium compared to my WG e-ring (the WG w/nickel alloy started turning a buttery-yellow color on the underside after less than a year of wear). To my eye, there isn''t much of a color difference between "new" WG and palladium, so I guess it is really a preference thing. I probably could have just gone with WG made using the palladium alloy, but I kinda liked the idea of having a "purer" metal that''s hypoallergenic. I can''t compare palladium with platinum since I don''t have anything that''s platinum, but I understand that palladium does wear (develop a patina) much like platinum. The only thing you don''t have going for you with palladium is that it doesn''t have the heft of platinum, but I''m so used to WG that I think the heft is just fine!
1.gif

Olive Oil, that''s really sweet of you to say -- none of my jewelry really compares to the drool-worthy diamonds that most people have on this forum (my own e-ring is "only" about 0.5 ct), so it''s nice to have something that other people like. Always glad to share eye candy if I can!
2.gif
And I also do think that the design is perfect for an e-ring -- and it''s available set with a diamond too! I went back and forth on that one -- in fact, I also found a link on the web somewhere of a girl with the same ring, but set with a green diamond!

I, too, picked palladium because of allergy concerns (it doesn''t appear I''m allergic to WG yet, but I seem to be allergic to everything else!) I actually don''t know about sizing/repairs, but the two vendors I bought palladium rings from (Krikawa and e-weddingbands.com) were either pretty good about fit or flexible about returns -- Krikawa sent actual bands that I could wear around the house to make sure the ring fit, and e-weddingbands.com has a pretty good exchange policy (plus they will send you a set of plastic sizing rings). I would be more wary of repairs or any sort of work on palladium (polishing, etc?). However, it seems that palladium is getting more and more popular (I see ArtCarved and Scott Kay are offering a lot of palladium designs), so I would think that stores that service those types of settings would be able to deal with palladium.

Wow, did I write a novel or what? Hope that helps!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is lovely!
1.gif

Olive Oil

Rough_Rock
Hi Elsie! I was wondering if you have anymore side or underside pictures of your ring? If so, could you post them?
1.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is almost a cornflower blue, so lovely. Are you enjoying it? It is special since it is your first jewelry purchase...

elsie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Cachette and diamondfan! diamondfan, I am definitely enjoying it! I agree that the first purchase is special (and hopefully will give me courage to spend more for future purchases!
2.gif
)

Hi Olive Oil! Sure, I''m taking the day off tomorrow so should be able to post some pics by tomorrow evening. Anything specific that you''d like to see in more detail?

elsie

Shiny_Rock
More pics!

First, a reminder of what the ring looks like...
2.gif

elsie-sapphring-front.JPG

elsie

Shiny_Rock
Side view

elsie-sapphring-side.JPG

elsie

Shiny_Rock
Another side view

elsie-sapphring-side2.JPG

elsie

Shiny_Rock
Back View

elsie-sapphring-back.JPG

elsie

Shiny_Rock
And two more to show the color of the sapphire (so hard to catch on camera!)

elsie-sapphring-color.JPG

elsie

Shiny_Rock

elsie-sapphring-color2.JPG

Olive Oil

Rough_Rock
Thanks! That helps! I was just curious to see how high the stone sat. I thought it would probably be pretty low, but sometimes the side views of rings are surprising. Thanks for posting more pics of you gorgeous ring!
36.gif

elsie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/9/2007 7:35:48 PM
Author: Olive Oil
Thanks! That helps! I was just curious to see how high the stone sat. I thought it would probably be pretty low, but sometimes the side views of rings are surprising. Thanks for posting more pics of you gorgeous ring!
36.gif

You''re very welcome! Are you contemplating a ring purchase in the near future? If so, I want to see pics, too!
31.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for sharing. It looks just perfect. LOVE the color of the stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results