shape
carat
color
clarity

My new ring, K VS1

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cssuja

Shiny_Rock
I thought I would post my new ring from GOG.
It is 0.72 ct K VS1
3 VHs on B scope
Isee2 - 9.8
The setting is 18K YG, Ingwer with pave set diamonds. The stone faces up incredible. Jonathan said I could even set it in Platinum. I was a bit sceptical about setting it in Platinum.

ringt.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I can't believe that's a K. THat is a beautiful ring. I have a J that doesn't look half as white. Nice choice.
Nan

cssuja

Shiny_Rock
a side view

rrq.jpg

cssuja

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I am really thrilled with this K color stone. I can't see any yellow in it (faces up). A slight tint is there when looking from the side. Then again, since the stone is set in YG (Pt prongs), I am not sure the yellow tint I see from the side is a reflection of the metal color or the stone color itself
1.gif

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I really love the setting you chose. I've never seen this particular setting before. Your ring is beautiful, and your diamond looks very white. What a stunner! Congratulations.

Daniela

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Cssuja,
Gorgeous ring, breathtaking stone...
Congratulations!

pinkflamingo

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring! I have a J VS1 and love the combo. I am thinking of going for a K for earrings... I can get a much bigger bang for my buck that way. I can barely see a tint in the J.

Good choice. enjoy!!

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely ring - the diamond looks really white to me too!

cssuja

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for the comments.

This is my anniversary ring. My e-ring stone was purchased a couple of years ago from Mondera. It is a 0.52 ct E VVS2 set in a simple solitaire style !
9.gif
. That was before I discovered pricescope and we wanted to buy the absolute best
1.gif
. Mondera described that stone as ideal and it came with just a GIA cert. I tried to take a picture of it, but didn't come out very well. I'll keep trying
1.gif
. After reading a lot about cut from this forum, I wanted to buy a super ideal stone, and ended up purchasing a pair of earrings and the ring I posted here from Goodoldgold.
To be honest, when I look at the Mondera ideal and the GOG stone side by side, they are equally beautiful (brilliance & fire) to my eye. Perhaps Mondera's selection for ideal is not entirely based on depth and table percentages, or is it that by mere luck, I got a beautiful stone
1.gif
Thanks again for your comments. I love my diamonds
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results