shape
carat
color
clarity

My new ring is turning! What can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tracys126

Shiny_Rock
So I got engaged this weekend. Wahoo!

But my new ring keeps turning on my finger. During the day it''s slightly loose (though it is the size we determined my finger to be). When I wake up in the morning it is a snug. What''s the deal? What can I do? It''s driving me crazy and it''s only been three days!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think claire''s or target sells little plasic rings that are called snuggies or something. I''ve heard they work great for people who need them a little tighter during certain times but don''t want to size their ring.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
what you are experiencing is not uncommon at all. fingers swell and shrink all throughout the day, also depends on weather, bloating etc.

my rings are tight in the morning (thats why i dont wear them at night actually, they drive me nuts when they get snug) and then during the day loosen up until at night they actually clink together they are so loose. i don''t mind it though, i love them loose. as long as they dont'' fall off of course, haha!

anyway if it bothers you, you can get sizing beads put in or something like that but i just don''t like modifying or adding anything to my rings. i also don''t mind my ring turning or anything like that. i kind of like when the stone hits my other fingers as it tries to turn because it just reminds me it''s there.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm, I think what you''re experiencing is very normal and you''re still getting used to the ring. My ring is very snug on me in the morning and when it''s warm. As the day goes on and when it gets chilly, it slides around. But like Mrssalvo said, there are simple solutions that you can buy in a store that might help.

tracys126

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone!! If anyone knows the specific names of these thingies that would be great. Please let me know.
9.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/16/2006 3:23:59 PM
Author: mrssalvo
I think claire''s or target sells little plasic rings that are called snuggies or something. I''ve heard they work great for people who need them a little tighter during certain times but don''t want to size their ring.
I''ve been to Claire''s and Target by me, and neither of them sell the snuggies...
39.gif
I could really use some too! Any suggestions?

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Walmart sells them too, I think. I got mine at Claires.

A more permant solution is to have a horseshoe spring installed, as I did. It extends outward when you put the ring on and when it is warm but springs inward when your ring is loose to hold it in place. It is a miracle worker for me and I couldn''t wear my ring without it. I was always upside down more than right side up. This link has the picture of my ring with the horseshoe in it:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/horseshoe-sizer.38617/=

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Prior to the horseshoe, I had shank pads. They didn't work well enough for me because my ring is top-heavy but others have had great success with them:

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
whoops, here you cans see my old shank pads

shanpads.jpg

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Tracy, I''d give it a couple months. Mine does that too. However, it''s kinda reached an equilibrium where my finger has kinda expanded a touch so that it doesn''t move quite as much as when I first got it. If you''ve never worn a ring before, give it some time before you decide to look for ring accessories. But yeah, it''s usually snug in the morning and loose at night. Our bodies are just weird like that I guess. Apparently, we also shrink in height throughout the day as well.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
jazmine...how does the horseshoe stay in your ring? Is it soldered?

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Yes, it is soldered in. But it is very flexible and you don''t even know it is there.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
TracyS, just wondering if you''ll be posting pics of your ring in SMTR. I''ve been waiting to see your Tiffany Lucida. Please post pics! Thanks!
21.gif

tracys126

Shiny_Rock
Wow. Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.

Hi Liz, I won''t be able to post the pics until the weekend unfortunately. During the week I stay in a different city for work and my the usb for my camera is at home.
7.gif
7.gif

I have pictures. I just can''t upload them. It''s a 1.40 Lucida. I love it. It''s very different. Almost modern I think. It''s perfect for me because I am not very frilly. So it works for me. The diamond is gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results