shape
carat
color
clarity

My new Regent :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Had the opportunity to get a small Regent this week & it arrived today!! I already have snapped a few pictures of it (did you expect anything different?) and took it to the jeweler to be set into a pendant. For those interested, here are the specs:

GIA certified

.37c H VS2

4.05 - 4.06 x 2.87

Polish & Symmetry: EX EX

Table: 63%

Depth: 70.9%

Culet: None

Girdle: V. Thin - Ex. Thick

Fluor: None

Inscription on Girdle: Regent & GIA #

It arrived this morning, we tore open the package and the thing is beautiful! I have been coveting Regents silently for a little, so when the opportunity came up to have one, it sounded great to me.
1.gif
The stone was super clear and white looking, no hint of any color from top, bottom side etc. The real inclusion is a cloud that on the plot looks huge, but in reality was not even visible to Greg or I under the 10x loupe. We also got a H&A viewer with the stone, so I of course took a few pictures with that too. So cool!
1.gif

I definitely noted that the excellent symmetry in a stone makes a huge difference, my e-ring stone only has good symmetry and next to something like the Regent, even though it was much smaller, it was obvious to me how much better cut the Regent is. Of course we still love our e-ring stone.

So off we went to the jeweler, the visit had a dual-purpose. First off I wanted to ask about those odd scratches in my e-ring (see other post for update) and secondly wanted to find a simple pendant setting for the Regent. Originally we had thought of putting it into Greg's tension setting for his wedding ring, but when Garry vetoed that idea, I figured a pendant would be an excellent way to showcase a hot little stone. So we chose an 18" very thin platinum cable chain (1mm) and a very simple, very light & open 4 pronged basket head for the stone, with a hidden bail on the back of the basket, so that from the front the bail is not visible at all, and all you see is the stone on the chain. The setting will take up to 2 weeks to do, because unfortunately our jeweler's designer is swamped right now with a bunch of custom work. Ahh well. So the little stone is not with us any longer, which is probably good since I was already obsessed with it.

Enjoy the quickie pictures and Diane, I have to agree, REGENTS ROCK!
1.gif
I will have to wait to get it back to see it under the IdealScope--which hasn't arrived yet, but I am sure the thing will be a knockout. In person it's so incredibly sparkly and amazing....I think I'm hooked on these things. Who am I kidding, I'm hooked on diamonds...period.

Lastly, wanted to give a HUGE thanks out to Leonid and his lovely wife who wanted to gift us with an early wedding present, there were a few discussions on *what* exactly...and I'm so glad he mentioned a Regent, it's not something I would have thought of...and in the end it's the perfect thing. I will take great pleasure in wearing the pendant the day of the wedding, and many days before and after then!
1.gif
Thanks also to Cary for the super fast shipping and excellent correspondence. Cheers!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Arrows...a little dark and much crisper in person...I thought all the arrows had pointed ends...hmm.

regent arrows1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hearts...still dark and still figuring out the whole photo down the H&A viewer thing...
1.gif

regent hearts1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

regent fire1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
love.gif

regent fire2.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Mara...Congrats on another diamond...Great Photo's....

You lucky dog...
wavey.gif

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, how terrific for you!!!!
1.gif
That stone looks like a real beaut.
1.gif
I am not normally a square-cut fan, but the Regent is just so different looking, with that three dimensional effect.
1.gif
Great choice on the pendant as well. What a thoughtful wedding gift from Leonid & his wife - something that was sure to make you very happy indeed.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Removed...pic didn't work.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay I'm having technical difficulties..one more try...

Okay these are better. Arrows still looked crisper under the viewer I thought. Anyway, pretty sweet regardless
1.gif

regent ha2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Posted one more time Garry..second time is a charm.

I haven't gotten the IdealScope in the mail yet, and the jeweler has the stone right now, so IS images/pictures will have to wait until I get the pendant back. The stone will be set then but I am hoping I will still be able to view the light return pretty well.

According to Cary, this stone looks excellent under the IS!
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh and CG...yes I'm not a square person either but the Regent has really captivated me from pictures....especially when Diane posted pictures of hers. They are pretty intriguing, I love the H&A aspect in a squarish stone. Plus we looked at HOF Dreams originally and loved the interesting shape. Kind of roundish, more square. Regents are similar but look just as good as the Dreams & overall are cheaper too!
1.gif

I've viewed most of what Rhino has on his site for Regents and it seems for the most part they are heavy on the color and scint and less on the white light return. I was really interested to see when I got this stone that it appears really white and sparkly, and that there was much fire in different lighting situations (my two pix!), but that it still appeared gorgeously white in most lighting situations as well. So it really does seem to have a great combination, not too much of either. Interesting since my e-ring stone is definitely more about white light in most situations due to the shallower cut, so it's a completely novel thing having a stone that has alot of fire as well!
1.gif

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
mara, beautiful! lucky you
21.gif

p.s. where did this regent come from?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
It came from the manufacturer, Horowitz & Atlass, in NYC. It was a very quick transaction.
1.gif

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
mara, is there anyway i can purchase direct from the manufacturer w/o being in the country?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have no idea, but I don't think that they sell directly to the public. I wasn't really involved, the package just arrived. I don't even know who sells them from a retail perspective, so far I have only ever heard Regents being sold through GOG.

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
yea, thats the info i have too. thanks
5.gif

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Mara...You will love your Regent...

the B-scopes on these are good but don't really do them justice...you really need to look at them to see how awesome they are...

I wish I were better with my digi-cam to capture the incredible fire/brilliance...I love looking at the rainbows it shoots off in certain lighting...unfortunately this happens a lot when I am driving...I am going to be careful I don't crash
10.gif

I was thinking that if you turned it 45 degrees you might still be able to put it in gregs ring..and then the large girdle facets will still be free...I don't know how safe that would be though

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Oh by the way I am soooooooooo jealous
6.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Enjoy & Wear in Good Health!

What were the findings on the "scratches"?

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I'm green with envy!
9.gif

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
OHHHHH...my avatar is a mess...will have to fix...can't remember how to get it right
nono.gif

Ok fixed it now...

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, that's going to make a beautiful pendant!! Please post pics once it's done. Now you'll have to get regent stud earrings to match.
naughty.gif

And regarding the "scratches" on your diamond - thank goodness it has nothing to do with the stone!!! I'm sure you are extremely relieved! Thanks for posting your concerns, I'm learning alot about how much a diamond reflects everything around it.
6.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, Mara! The Rock ROCKS! Drool!
love.gif

Can I get adopted by Leonid too???
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that stone sure has some colors flying off of it! Very pretty. Now, I MUST HAVE one too (lol). . . I was thinking that cut would make fun earrings!

Michelle

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I guess that'll take some of the sting out of not being able to win that Richard Sherwood contest, huh? I am sooo jealous, too. Enjoy that stone, you sure do work hard on Pricescope, I don't know how you do it.
10.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Michelle...I know I am thinking the same thing...hmmm Regent earrings?
2.gif
I was actually gushing to a friend today about the stone and the H&A and she was saying...'that sounds really intriguing'...and her husband looked like he was ready to gag me for corrupting his wife. She's not a diamond person, small .40c or similar in her e-ring; but she was really interested in what I was telling her!
9.gif
Hee. She's about to have their first baby, so I am going to drop the hint to her that maybe she needs some earrings for the momentous occasion! HAH!
11.gif

Mikesgirl

Shiny_Rock
Congrats, Mara. That's a beautiful stone and a wonderful gift. You contribute so much to this forum, you really deserve this. Hope you post pics when it's done!

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Hi I am thinking I would LOVE some Regent earrings as well

I am thinking the Regent with a small round sapphire above on white gold/platinum euro-wire (or whatever they are call that has the earring hang down) to match my e-ring. GOG had a .66 and .67 that would work well...hmmmmmm someday
9.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I'm so jealous that you got a Regent before me!
3.gif
What a sweetie Leonid is! Enjoy your stone and I wanna see a better close-up of it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results