shape
carat
color
clarity

My new purple spinel

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
and how are you setting it? Did I scroll too fast and miss it?

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/27/2010 5:06:26 PM
Author: yingh
Lovely color and you can never go wrong with a Barry round!
36.gif

I agree, Barry does a lovely job with his rounds. His aquamarine that you recently set is one of my favorites
3.gif

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the compliments uppy and IndyLady. Barry is one of my favorite faceters.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/27/2010 10:49:02 PM
Author: packrat
and how are you setting it? Did I scroll too fast and miss it?

No, I hadn''t mentioned it. Chictomato has a peridot set in a squarish diamond halo with a split shank. I love that setting! I''d do it in white gold, possibly upgrade the diamonds. I think it''s an LOGR setting. I wish I could post the picture here, but I don''t know how
38.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh pretty! Do you have a link?

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/27/2010 11:04:50 PM
oh pretty! Do you have a link?

This is pretty lame-- no I don''t have a link because I don''t know how to do that
29.gif

However, it''s the first ring setting in Loriken''s thread about "Show me your Barry/ACS stones" from 6/17th.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
this one?

36.gif
ohh that would be so pretty!

I''m on Firefox and can''t copy/save pics since the last couple updates, but it lets me copy/paste *some* links. dumb. so, I''m lame too!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/27/2010 11:24:14 PM
this one?

36.gif
ohh that would be so pretty!

I''m on Firefox and can''t copy/save pics since the last couple updates, but it lets me copy/paste *some* links. dumb. so, I''m lame too!

YES, that''s it! Thank you so much
36.gif

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
So pretty!
36.gif

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/27/2010 4:44:52 PM
Author: baby nurse
I''ve included this picture for its drama. I was peacefully taking pics of my stone when our 2 year old appeared and snatched the flower from my hand. The stone rolled off of my palm and HIT THE FLOOR! I don''t own a loop so I can''t tell if there''s any damage but it looks fine with the naked eye.
23.gif
lol. I love the chubby two year old fingers in the picture. I''m glad your stone is okay though.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so envious of your steady hands! Lovely spinel that isn’t overly gray with good dispersion.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Great colour.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/27/2010 5:58:49 PM
Author: cemrn
I love the color YUM! What are your plans for it? Do you have a setting picked out?

I love the color, too! I''m going to have it set in a square cushion shaped diamond halo, with a split shank, white gold. It''s the ring setting that chictomato has her Barry peridot in. Packrat found me the link to it, a little further up in this thread.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/27/2010 6:19:32 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Tell me, did the 2 year old get a time out?

It''s a beaut!

Ha ha! I think you may be one of the few people who noticed that. No, he didn''t get a time out, it was a minor offense. He''s capable of so much worse. And he absolutely sobbed when I wouldn''t let him hold the stone as well as the flower. Having the camera in hand, I took a picture of him. I wish I could post it, it''s so cute, but I know that''s a no-no.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/28/2010 9:59:31 AM
Ha ha! I think you may be one of the few people who noticed that. No, he didn''t get a time out, it was a minor offense. He''s capable of so much worse. And he absolutely sobbed when I wouldn''t let him hold the stone as well as the flower. Having the camera in hand, I took a picture of him. I wish I could post it, it''s so cute, but I know that''s a no-no.
I thought that was very cute too but it is heart stopping when there’s a gemstone involved. At such a young age, the cutie probably didn’t understand what was going on either. As such, I never attempt to photography anything expensive with any children around.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Great color, and so bright!
I kept mine even though everyone said it is too dark. I guess I''ll just have to get another!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
That stone is bright! My eyes! Where was the must be wearing welding hood to view warning!
21.gif
It''s gorgeous!! Love the color and as always Barry has mad skills.
1.gif

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarahbear, soberguy, diamondringlover, marcyc, and alene

Thank you for the compliments! It really does have an amazing color and sparkle
30.gif
I''m looking forward to being able to look down and admire it on my hand. Right now, it''s with its friends in a box or rocks!

Rockit

Shiny_Rock
Awwww, I LOVE this color. Very pretty gem. I can''t wait to see it set...

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/27/2010 9:42:34 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
It''s a lovely spinel, and great dispersion on that piece.

Thank you, TL. It really does have great dispersion. For that reason, its hardness, and affordability, spinel is currently my favorite stone.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/27/2010 9:49:16 PM
Author: chictomato
Date: 6/27/2010 4:40:28 PM

Nice spinel, seems to have very minimal grayishness, does it color shift to blue?:) Not to mention the nice size too! I think the spinel should be okay as they are really pretty hardy! I think that it will be great to get a 10x jeweler loupe though:) I love looking thru the loupe at my free time! Its nice to see those natural fingerprints in the stone!

Thanks, chictomato. Yes, it does color shift slightly to blue.

I will get a loupe-- I''ve been slightly reluctant to get one because this isn''t the first stone I''ve dropped. I''ve probably dropped 4 or 5 of them
39.gif
Not from very far off of the ground, but still I dread looking through a loupe and finding damage! Sometimes, ignorance is bliss
1.gif

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cind11, crasru, lcom

Thanks, I''m really pleased with this stone and I can''t wait to have it set in a ring, but it probably won''t be for another couple of months
8.gif
I have a couple of ring projects on the go and really have no business buying more stones, including this last one.

Did someone say that gemstone buying was an addiction
11.gif
31.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like a grape candy.
30.gif
Beautiful!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/28/2010 12:59:16 AM
Author: iota15
Date: 6/27/2010 4:44:52 PM

I''ve included this picture for its drama. I was peacefully taking pics of my stone when our 2 year old appeared and snatched the flower from my hand. The stone rolled off of my palm and HIT THE FLOOR! I don''t own a loop so I can''t tell if there''s any damage but it looks fine with the naked eye.
23.gif

lol. I love the chubby two year old fingers in the picture. I''m glad your stone is okay though.

I think the chubby little fingers are so cute, too! Even though he was potentially sabotaging my stone, I''m glad I at least caught it with the camera. I can chuckle about it now!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/28/2010 7:57:01 AM
Author: Chrono
I’m so envious of your steady hands! Lovely spinel that isn’t overly gray with good dispersion.

Oh no, Chrono, my hands really aren''t that steady! You would laugh if you saw me photographing stones. I crouch on the floor with one elbow braced against a knee and the other against a piece of furniture, and I hold my breath to keep still!! I have a tripod somewhere and really need to get it out and use it!

Thank you for the compliment!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Love this beauty...you chose a gorgeous spinel!!!
30.gif

Lori

Agnesg

Shiny_Rock
Great taste..beautiful stone and semi-mount

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/28/2010 10:08:56 AM
Author: Chrono
Date: 6/28/2010 9:59:31 AM

I thought that was very cute too but it is heart stopping when there’s a gemstone involved. At such a young age, the cutie probably didn’t understand what was going on either. As such, I never attempt to photography anything expensive with any children around.

You''re right, it is heart stopping when a gemstone is involved. He was supposed to be in the care of his father while I photographed my stone, but as usual, he gravitated towards me. Next thing I knew, there was the little hand.

I''ll only be photographing my stones during nap time now, for sure
2.gif

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/28/2010 10:38:19 AM
Author: VapidLapid
Great color, and so bright!

I kept mine even though everyone said it is too dark. I guess I''ll just have to get another!
Thanks Vapid!

I''m glad you kept yours
36.gif
I thought it was a wee bit dark but had marvelous color. Any plans to set it?

I hope you do get another one. Barry is so approachable and I wouldn''t be surprised if he had more rough.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results