shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Princess !

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MrBleeker

Shiny_Rock

Hi everyone,

I have been around, lurking and learning and loving (sorry love the alliteration). I just set aside a diamond that I am going to buy in a few weeks... but I want to show you the pics of it now! Once I have it appraised and set, I will post pics, but I just can't wait to show ya'll....

EDIT -- I'd like to thank Jim, Carrie, Josh and Jennifer for the excellent help. If you are the LEAST bit nervous buying over the phone and internet, talk to some of the folks at DCD / James Allen and they will assuage all worries. The whole experience has been fantastic, minus the simple fact that I live in Missouri, and they are... not. So I can't see the diamond before my eye. Let me just tell you that I felt Jim and everyone he employees tried to give me their best honest opinions about each and every stone I inquired about. Imo, you can't go wrong buying from the internet, with a PS vendor... they all have return policies, and all seem like very honest vendors, and all carry quality stones! I will post a thread in the main section about my experiences in a few weeks, when I have finished shots and my diamond is set in its engagement band.

Stats...

0.82 ct
E
VS2
5.18 x 5.16 x 3.71
Depth : 71.9%
Table : 70 %
Girdle: Thin to Thick
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Good
Fluorescence: None

I'm in the process of getting Sarin info, but it doesn't really matter I bought the stone anyways!

The setting after it is done will be a simple solitare... it is a cathedral setting, white gold, and its a tad thicker than your standard tiffani setting. I will have it next to a 0.50 ct. ROUND diamond channel set
white gold wedding band. It is beautiful like that.. I prefer the elegance and simplicity of the solitare next to the contrast of the wedding band, especially with round stones! I can't wait to have it
finished to post pics ~~

Not to make everyone wait, but here are a few pics... let me know what you honestly think!!

Just sitting here!

Idealscope... opinions?

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~That is a beautiful diamond!! What type of setting are you going to get for it??
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s beautiful!!!!! What kind of setting are you going to put it in????

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
that stone is beautiful.

MrBleeker

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/11/2005 3:49:44 PM
Author: kaleigh
I think it''s beautiful!!!!! What kind of setting are you going to put it in????
The setting after it is done will be a simple solitare... it is a cathedral setting, white gold, and its a tad thicker than your standard tiffani setting. I will have it next to a 0.50 ct. ROUND diamond channel set white gold wedding band. It is beautiful like that.. I prefer the elegance and simplicity of the solitare next to the contrast of the wedding band, especially with round stones!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That princess cut diamond looks like a real winner! I can''t wait to see it after you have it set!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2005 4:12:59 PM
Author: MrBleeker
Date: 8/11/2005 3:49:44 PM

Author: kaleigh

The setting after it is done will be a simple solitare... it is a cathedral setting, white gold, and its a tad thicker than your standard tiffani setting. I will have it next to a 0.50 ct. ROUND diamond channel set white gold wedding band. It is beautiful like that.. I prefer the elegance and simplicity of the solitare next to the contrast of the wedding band, especially with round stones!

oh, it''s going to be just stunning. beautiful stone.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh that setting sounds gorgeous!!!! I can''t wait to see it!!!!

MrBleeker

Shiny_Rock
Thanks guys... you can''t imagine how excited I am, and knowing I will have to wait 3 more weeks just makes it all the worse!!
25.gif
25.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
31.gif
36.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
That is one beautiful princess!

MrBleeker

Shiny_Rock
I am so anxious to see it up close... the suspense is killing me I do think.
I''m hoping I can talk DCD into taking an outside shot soon, it should sparkle like crazy and be quite white ~~
9.gif

MrBleeker

Shiny_Rock

Hey all,

I guess I can not start a thread in the who's who section so I will just post a picture here..

This is my girlfriend, Tara, and I... a few pictures of ourselves. She is a high school art teacher in a smaller town here in Missouri, and will be going into her 2nd year teaching starting next week. She just turned 23 on the 5th.

I am 22, turning 23 on Monday (yay) and just graduated summa cum laude from undergrad with a Biology major, and the intent to go to medical school. Well the MCAT had its way with me versus the other way around, so I didn't quite get in this year.. although I did get close. So I am retaking the dumb test with the anticipation of getting in before next fall for the '06 class.

Either way, I have met the most beautiful, wonderful girl and I'm glad in some ways I didn't make it into med school yet as I can stay closer to her until we are actually married. Isn't she just gorgeous? As long as our kids get her genes we will be in good shape haha!

dscn0758b1fn.jpg

dscn06339wl.jpg

dscn06192zh.jpg

rscn05687qw.jpg

Ok that's all !! Heh.. I just love her to death!

Once I get the stone from the first post set, I'll post more pics.. then when I surprise her, I'll have hand shots !!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
You're too sweet! Your gf is indeed gorgeous....as is your new diamond! I can't wait to see how they look together.
2.gif
9.gif
36.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Yup, she''s a beautiful girl!
36.gif

And the stone is nice too.
9.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Aww, that's a beautiful stone and what a beautiful couple the two of you make! I think the kids will have terrific genes all around
9.gif

Do you know what kind of setting you'll be placing it in? Just curious
37.gif

Also, congratulations on your graduation!
Happy birthday!
emcake.gif

And good luck on the next test. Let us know how it goes!

And please do start a thread in the who's who!
9.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Wow what a lovely princess for your princess!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a great looking couple! (And the stone''s pretty awesome too!!!) I think it''s fortuitous that you can spend more time with her now, get engaged, etc...cuz med school is going to make you a slave to it so it''s best to have a rock solid foundation now!! Looks like you do...good luck with your proposal...the ring is going to be AWESOME!!

MrBleeker

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/12/2005 9:23:16 AM
Author: Diamonds4Me

Do you know what kind of setting you''ll be placing it in? Just curious
37.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
OMG- you ain''t lying! She is gorgeous.
9.gif

What a beauty.

The two of you look very happy.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

You guys are just the cutest couple--and yes Tara is gorgeous! Wonderful diamond, and I loved your story and candor...you''ll do very well on the MCAT''S I am sure, (took that wildride early 90''s and I liken it to childbirth.....hahaha)..wishing you continued success...

cheers--Sharon

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Awwww, you seem like a wonderful guy with a gorgeous gal and stone!!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Awwww, a beautiful stone for a beautiful couple!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

(You could always go and join the Ladies-in-waiting thread on "are we there yet"--we have a few men--if you want...there''s an introduce-yourself thread too.!)

Can''t wait to see the finished ring!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a great looking couple!! Can''t wait to see the ring on her finger and more pictures of the two of you smiling brightly!!
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
aww, you guys are adorable together! and that stone is beautiful! she is going to looooove that ring.

and good luck with applying to med school again! i know what a huuuuuuuge pain it is- i''m a second year now! i actually went to undergrad in MO (St. Louis) though hehe

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~You two are the cutest couple!!
36.gif
Are you excited???
9.gif

MrBleeker

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/12/2005 8:59:37 PM
Author: bling*diva*
~~You two are the cutest couple!!
36.gif
Are you excited???
9.gif
Just a *little* bit !

After doing tons of research, I am more anxious to see the stone that she would be I think, if she knew it was coming that is..

MrBleeker

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/12/2005 8:50:22 PM
Author: icekid

and good luck with applying to med school again! i know what a huuuuuuuge pain it is- i''m a second year now! i actually went to undergrad in MO (St. Louis) though hehe
Did you go to SLU undergrad and go into SLU? I applied there but alas, no interview. My MCAT was probably just barely under what they would like, although my GPA is quite above the national average for applicants.

Did you get in the first year? I know lots do, but I also know that at a few of my interviews, there were several re-applicants so it gives me some hope !!

Ugh... MCAT 1 week away.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/12/2005 9:07:35 PM
Author: MrBleeker

Date: 8/12/2005 8:50:22 PM

Did you go to SLU undergrad and go into SLU? I applied there but alas, no interview. My MCAT was probably just barely under what they would like, although my GPA is quite above the national average for applicants.

Did you get in the first year? I know lots do, but I also know that at a few of my interviews, there were several re-applicants so it gives me some hope !!

Ugh... MCAT 1 week away.
I actually went to Wash U, and then I didn''t apply to any Missouri schools for med school. I am in Philadelphia now; I wanted to head back toward the northeast. Yeah, I got in my first time.. but sometimes it seems soo random! You just never know. I did take a year off from school though (so burned out after crazy Wash U premeds), and did research.

I definitely think if you''ve improved your app, then you should have a good shot- especially if you are applying again to schools where you were interviewed the first time. I''ll cross my fingers for the MCAT for you (miserable exam! but it only gets worse... Step 1 is coming in 10 months for me hehe!). I bet you''ll get in this time though! Good luck
36.gif
I''m not sure I would be of much help, but if you have any questions etc, just drop me a PM!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
MrBleeker, your princess stone is gorgeous
1.gif
Great choice with the cathedral solitaire setting...classy and elegant. Sometimes less is more. She will love it!

MrBleeker

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/13/2005 8:19:16 AM

I actually went to Wash U, and then I didn''t apply to any Missouri schools for med school. I am in Philadelphia now; I wanted to head back toward the northeast. Yeah, I got in my first time.. but sometimes it seems soo random! You just never know. I did take a year off from school though (so burned out after crazy Wash U premeds), and did research.

I definitely think if you''ve improved your app, then you should have a good shot- especially if you are applying again to schools where you were interviewed the first time. I''ll cross my fingers for the MCAT for you (miserable exam! but it only gets worse... Step 1 is coming in 10 months for me hehe!). I bet you''ll get in this time though! Good luck
36.gif
I''m not sure I would be of much help, but if you have any questions etc, just drop me a PM!
I can''t wait for the Step 1 and 2 exams, they will contain info I love (versus the MCAT having physics and gen chem..yuck).

I just took the MCAT on Saturday and I think it went decently well... but it is so hard to predict how I did, so I won''t even try!

Per the diamond.... it should be arriving later this week and then I can post pics w/ the settings etc !!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results