shape
carat
color
clarity

My new Princess AGS2 with pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
That''s a good question, I wouldn''t mind knowing as well. Paul do you know? Is this something I can find out from AGS?

-Ukieza

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/24/2005 1:22:43 PM
Author: Rhino
With regards to the metrics of ''light performance'' there are 4 factors taken into account from what I have read. Those being brightness, dispersion, leakage & contrast. What I would like to know is did one of these metrics take a 2 point hit or 1 point in 2 metrics? I have an educated guess what metrics those might be but I''d like to hear it from the horses mouth if thats possible. Ie. if a diamond gets a 2 because of light performance what lack of optical factors contributed to that grade? Dispersion? Brightness? Contrast? Apparently this is not answered on the report itself. How do we find the answer to this question beyond going directly to AGS? Curious.
This question is not answered on the AGS-report, but maybe, we can deduct something from the ASET-scope-pic. I am still amazed, by the way, how Gary succeeds in taking these pics.

Anyway, you do not see it well, but there is nice pattern of blue triangles, which provides a nice contrast-pattern. At the same time, not too much leakage.

Overall, we see a serious amount of red, but even more green, and this means that brightness overall is not Ideal. The same thing is probably true about dispersion, because of that same reason: the stone clearly has a lot of light return, but it is returning not enough quality light (red) to the observer.

Live long,

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
bump

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results