shape
carat
color
clarity

My new platinum earring post just broke

lolas_mommy

Rough_Rock
I bought studs in February and I have probably worn them less than a dozen times. Yesterday the post broke off right where the post meets the back of earring. I bought them from Ritani and they are platinum. I'm so disappointed Screenshot_20230423-230933_Photos.jpg 20230423_224605.jpg 20230423_224527.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you contact Ritani about it?

lolas_mommy

Rough_Rock
I have not as it happened late and i've been working all day. I did reach out to them after I received the earrings as I had a really hard time wearing the screw back posts. They didn't respond. So I'm not sure if they will respond to this as it's been more than 30 days. I should have stated that I wonder if this has happened to anyone else as I was really surprised that it broke off.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not as it happened late and i've been working all day. I did reach out to them after I received the earrings as I had a really hard time wearing the screw back posts. They didn't respond. So I'm not sure if they will respond to this as it's been more than 30 days. I should have stated that I wonder if this has happened to anyone else as I was really surprised that it broke off.

Honestly, it could happen to anyone and sometimes does. I personally don't care for screw backs as they hurt my ears taking them in and out. Since they have to be repaired, think about changing them to regular posts. If they don't respond, I guess you will have to find a reputable jeweler to do the repair. Sorry this happened so soon!

MWM

Rough_Rock
Trade
The clean separation of post from prong setting back indicates that the join failed. It's not a matter of something you did to cause the separation. It was an incomplete join.
You need to let the vendor know about this.

While you are in for repair, I second the the motion to have heavier, simple posts installed in place of the threaded posts. My client's experience has been that the screw posts are more trouble than benefit.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i can feel your dissapointment from here
i have one pair of screw backs and do not like them
best of luck getting this fixed asap

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree, it’s flawed workmanship - it happens.
Thank goodness you didn’t lose the diamond.
And screw back earrings are a nice idea but absolute pains to use. Recommend post back with clutch style butterfly. You press in the sides as you put it onto the post and it gives you a firm connection.
Incidently, I found that those the soft plastic butterfly backs work well with screw posts. They grab onto the screw thread for a firm connection.

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
I wanted to add, they hardly ever reply to email. You will have better luck in chat, they are pretty good at resolution that way.

lolas_mommy

Rough_Rock
I wanted to add, they hardly ever reply to email. You will have better luck in chat, they are pretty good at resolution that way.

Thank you, I will have to try that as I haven't gotten a response.

lolas_mommy

Rough_Rock
Within a few days I did hear back from Ritani and they offered to repair the earring. Instead I took them to a local trusted jeweler for repair and replaced with post backs and clutch style butterfly clasps. I am very pleased as they are much more comfortable to wear.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results