shape
carat
color
clarity

My new placeholder ring...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
As my e-ring is going to take a while before I get it, FI wanted me to get something in the meantime that wasn''t expensive, but looked pretty.

Well, I eventually decided on an eternity and this is what arrived in the post this morning...

White and yellow gold with milgrained edges on the white and diamond cutting on the yellow (The only bit I don''t totally like but when it''s on my hand you can''t really see the yellow gold at all, strange as it''s quite evident in the picture.)

There are 11 RB beadset diamonds - I haven''t got them under a loupe yet but they look pretty clean to me. I think they are 2pts each. And, 11 emerald cut blue sapphires. There are 2 overly dark ones, but the others are a very pretty colour.

Anyway, I paid a ridiculously tiny price for it (the antique jewellery section on ebay - they spelt sapphire with one p,so it didn''t show up on normal searches!)

What do you guys think?

sapphirering140207.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Ooh very pretty. Will you end up using it as a wedding ring or RHR once you get your actual engagement ring?

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
My e-ring will be a platinum splitshank with channel-set RB''s holding a 1.42ct tsavorite cushion, so I don''t think it would be a good match as a weddingband. In fact I''m a bit stuck on the w-band as I have always like simple yellow gold bands for sentimental reasons, but not sure how they''d look with a plat e-ring, or the tsav, or if I can wear the two metals together ???

So - I think it will become a RHR

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I really love it. What a great find!! Can we see some hand shots, please?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is such a lovely ring! And good for you for being smart enough to search sapphire with one "p" LOL!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s a great find, I love it!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
That is adorable!!! I love that ring. I can see that I am going to have to spend more time on eBay! Enjoy!
36.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
that a beautiful ring...great e-bay find

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks pretty and unique. How about some hand shots?

Also your future ering sounds like it will be beautiful.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s just gorgeous. I love pieces that have a vintage feel like that. Love the milgraining and the diamond cut detail...it''s just beautiful. Please post hand pics!!

ebonykawai

Shiny_Rock
That''s beautiful!! I love blue sapphires. Isn''t eBay grand? I got my daughter a Buffalo Sabres jersey for Christmas when they were all sold out because the seller misspelled ''youth''.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Okay...
handshots - sorry, they''re not great.

130207sra.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
and another

misc1 045.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
last one...

misc1 047.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
oops, I need to practise this resizing malarky!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
It looks so pretty on your hand. Are you pleased with it?

A lot of photo editing programs automatically zoom out on photos so that the photo fits the editing window, which is why they look ok on your own monitor. To see what size your photo really is you might want to try something like "view actual pixels" or "view normal size".

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Kismet - my nails look awful right now, but I''m over the moon with the ring!

The sapphires are so pretty and look so different depending on the light.

FI suggested I could cancel the one Wink is making for me
38.gif

I''ve had a play around and found the size bit, but couldn''t edit the ones I''d posted.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your new ring is just lovely!!!

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
it''s absolutely gorgeous! They didn''t happen to have any like that with rubies did they?
31.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Lol, fraid not!

If I see anything like it with rubies I''ll post the link!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That ring has alot of very nice detail to it. I love the sides of it and the milgrained edges.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results