carat
color
clarity

My new pink sapphire ring from Julia B!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all,

Some of you may remember the crazy debacle I went through a couple of months ago buying an antique ring off Etsy. Long story short, I returned that ring and started looking for a pink sapphire direct from the source so I knew exactly what I was working with.

I ended up buying the sapphire from Multicolour, a .81 carat Portuguese cut which David described as being a little hazy. I decided to take the leap anyway and when I got the stone it was sleepy but pretty cool because it changed from bright pink in sunlight to a pretty purple indoors. The good folks in the CS forum were encouraging about its potential so I had the stone, now I needed a setting.

Sent a message out to Julia B on Etsy and she was very easy to work with, we went through some options, originally the settings I was looking at were really for larger stones but then I found her stacking daisy mount and I was totally sold. I told her I was going to wear a band with it so she thoughtfully made sure that my band would sit flush and not scratch the stone by modifying the top (or flower as I like to call it). She told me about 8 weeks and she would be in touch.

Totally surprised when I got a message 4 weeks to the day of order that the ring was done! Paid for it on Thursday, she shipped it Friday and here I am wearing it today!!

The craftsmanship of this ring is beautiful, delicate and the scale is perfect which is even more important with a smaller stone IMO. The setting is 14kt gold with milgrain detail around the stone and on the scalloped edges. This mount is open on the bottom to allow all the light to come through. I'm wearing it with my platinum band and it fits perfectly. I can't say enough about how wonderful Julia was to work with, thoughtful, responsive and very personable.

Okay, on to the pictures! The first is the stone under UV light which Julia sent to me when she received it. Cool right? This stone has a ton of personality, the sixth pic was taken with the flash on to simulate how she behaves in direct sunlight since it is overcast today. Now she just needs a name :kiss2:

IMG_2445.jpg

IMG_2516.jpg

IMG_2529.JPG

IMG_2528.JPG

IMG_2531.JPG

IMG_2538.JPG

IMG_2540.JPG

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It came out so beautifully! I love this style so much and your sapphire just shines in this setting. :love:

How about a perspective shot?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It came out so beautifully! I love this style so much and your sapphire just shines in this setting. :love:

How about a perspective shot?

Thanks so much Elle! I'm home alone so a bit hard to get a good perspective shot but I'll have the husband take one later for you. =)2

Attachments

• IMG_2545.JPG
    IMG_2545.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2542.JPG
    IMG_2542.JPG
    153.7 KB · Views: 34

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! The stone is such a pretty colour & that setting is perfect. It's pretty & feminine & just lovely! Is it a RHR? Will you stack it?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spectacular color and style!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! The stone is such a pretty colour & that setting is perfect. It's pretty & feminine & just lovely! Is it a RHR? Will you stack it?

Thank You! It's actually an alternative engagement ring because I have a diamond ring but I really wanted some color! Unfortunately my fingers aren't that long and tend to swell so for now I'm just wearing it with my platinum band but maybe I'll get some more bands down the line to switch out.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank You! It's actually an alternative engagement ring because I have a diamond ring but I really wanted some color! Unfortunately my fingers aren't that long and tend to swell so for now I'm just wearing it with my platinum band but maybe I'll get some more bands down the line to switch out.
That's awesome! Looks wonderful as an ering! I totally understand....that's pretty much what happened to me too after a few years with my diamond ering.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sweet Stephanie! It turned out perfect...the pink color is just beautiful and Portuguese cut is my favorite round cut in colored gems.
Well done!

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PinkyTuscadero lol! Very pretty!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the stone and the setting!! :appl:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH is super busy today but while I was puttering around in the garden I snapped this pic for you Elle. It's only arms length but just to give an idea of how she looks farther away.

IMG_2549.JPG

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH is super busy today but while I was puttering around in the garden I snapped this pic for you Elle. It's only arms length but just to give an idea of how she looks farther away.

IMG_2549.JPG

This is perfect. Exactly what I meant anyway. :D
It looks so gorgeous! I just love that pop of pink and I love that you're wearing it as your alternate e-ring. I actually wear all my rings that way (it just makes life more interesting). :lol:

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

IMG_2549.JPG

I was looking forward to these! Looks gorgeous on you, I love the profile shot. Such an unusual choice (in the best possible way!) for an engagement ring, I'm sure you will get a lot of compliments IRL too!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it's beautiful!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE and it is PINKalicious and purpleyummy!:kiss2:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous StephanieLynn. I love the bezel setting, diamonds and milgrain. Perfect compliments to your hot pink sapphire and it looks lovely on your hand. :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!! What a beautiful and popping colour. Your beautiful stone deserves she stunning setting she is set in. Your ring loves beautiful on you.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone for your kind posts. Also need to send a big thank you to the folks in the CS forum who helped me along the way. This was my first project so it means so much that people took the time to help me out.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring turned out beautiful! It's perfect with your vibrant glowing sapphire. Congratulations! :wavey:

tand*m

Shiny_Rock
So pretty! Looks great up close and also has beautiful presence from farther away. :appl:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It gorgeous Stephanie Lynn! You must be thrilled to look down and this beautiful ring on your hand.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! You hit the jackpot there :love::bigsmile::mrgreen: It looks great on your pretty hand too!!!!

On Etsy, is she Julia B? (The name of her Etsy shop.)

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beauty you have, I LOVE pinks!

Vogue

Shiny_Rock
It's so beautiful! Congratulations.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! You hit the jackpot there :love::bigsmile::mrgreen: It looks great on your pretty hand too!!!!

On Etsy, is she Julia B? (The name of her Etsy shop.)

Thank you! Funny thing is I was debating about painting my nails for the pictures but I couldn't wait, so thank you for the hand compliment!

Yes she is JuliaB Jewelry on Etsy. Her shop:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/JuliaBJewelry

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is so beautiful, Stephanie! The proportions are lovely and it looks so pretty on your graceful hand! Enjoy!!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That color is amazing. Such a beautiful ring!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, congratulations!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results