shape
carat
color
clarity

My new pink-orange spinel project

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have been really into orangey pink diamonds and colored stones for a while now. I would really love a diamond in that color, but it is very out of my price range, so I decided to look for a sapphire or spinel. Well I came across this pink-orange spinel on Mastertcut gems on sale for only $100. I kept going back and fourth and couldn't resist the price for the stone especially for the size .93ct which would be the biggest stone I will own :). I know its not the most prize color for spinels, but it gets me that pink-orange diamond or padparadscha sapphire look for way cheaper, and I know that this spinel will sparkle better than a sapphire :). I think it's perfect not to dark, but dark enough it won't blend into my skin tone to much.
Here are some pictures from there website of the stone :)

34833.jpg
34835.jpg
34834.jpg

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi useranglCan't wait to see pics of it in person, please post when you get it. It is an interesting color, and I wonder how it shifts IRL...maybe lighter?

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spinels are wonderful in that they come in so many color variations. Post pics when it arrives.:)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats gorgeous! We're all going to like what we like. I have a stone in a similar color and its so gorg and sparkly. Yours will likely shift color, mine goes from peachy pink to PINK depending on lighting conditions. I keep thinking I'll set mine as a pendant because its really big, but not nearly so well cut as yours.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is no wrong or right when it comes to colour preferences and this one has the benefit of being well cut too. The only possible downside is that no matter what, anything pink-orange is going to blend well with the finger.

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1457960066|4005005 said:
There is no wrong or right when it comes to colour preferences and this one has the benefit of being well cut too. The only possible downside is that no matter what, anything pink-orange is going to blend well with the finger.
Thanks and you are right with blending in with finger. The setting I am looking at will have it bezled in white gold, so there will be at least something to distinguish it :). I will post setting pics when I am able to post my own pics of stone :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results