shape
carat
color
clarity

My new pink e-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
On a practical note, you really need to get the ring within any return period to be sure everything is correct with it. I hope he gives it to you tonight as well. Besides that, we need hand shots!
2.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2008 1:49:48 PM
Author: misspinky
SNEAKY FIANCE!!!!!!

He went by the jeweler and picked up my ring already!! My poor jeweler was SO confused when I went there over lunch!

I promptly called my FI and he was like, well you'll get it when I decide to give it to you. I think he thinks I want some kind of elaborate (re)proposal since the first one was very un-proposal like. *sigh* I just want it on my finger so I can stare at it...
Please tell him it may be cute to him, but to us IT'S NOT FUNNY! He's putting too many people at risk of suffering R-I-W-itis.

Have fun! I'm sure he has a wonderful little plan for the 2 of you (that would be you and the pink ;-) ) tee hee hee

LS

ETA: if all else fails tell him about Fly Girls' practical suggestion and use THAT to get the darn thing on your finger for handshots!

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
Well, still no pink loveliness on my finger... and I inquired about the whole return period thing with my jeweler and he said that it''s usually 30 days for his stock pieces but for custom pieces I can "take as much time as I need." I figured I would just not share that piece of info with the FI, but then my jeweler said "don''t worry, I let your fiance know before he left."

I honestly don''t think it will be that long. I start my last semester of grad school in a week and he knows that I would really like to have it to show off to all of my friends. So I''d say it would be a pretty safe bet that I''ll have it sparkling on my hand within a week.

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
Alright, I am going to preface this post with a disclaimer. I know I am awful when it comes to surprises. I have figured out every Christmas present and nearly every birthday present from the time I was 6 years old unless the gift was bought the day of the holiday. I''m impatient, nosey, and can be very sneaky myself. So....

Dear FI went out about 10 minutes ago to run some errands. I took the opportunity to look for my ring. I found it. I put it on. I took a picture with my phone. I put it back. I will not mention this ever happening to FI and will adamantly deny it if accused. Or blame it all on you guys
27.gif

Without further ado, here is the only handshot you will get until he actually gives me the ring. P.S.--ignore the awful looking hangnail please

mpinkyhandshot.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH it is BEAUTIFUL!!!, you little rascal you, tee hee. I would have done the same thing, honest I would have. I couldn''t wait to see it either. Can''t wait to see more shots of that beauty.

Linda

Honahlea

Rough_Rock
Squeeee! It''s gooorgeous. Please post more when it''s officially given to you!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
OMG STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!! yayayayay!!

MissPinky, you have an amazing skill of cool-headedly finding presents, taking pictures, and putting it back...in 10 minutes - WOW!
36.gif

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/16/2008 12:24:26 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
OMG STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!! yayayayay!!

MissPinky, you have an amazing skill of cool-headedly finding presents, taking pictures, and putting it back...in 10 minutes - WOW!
36.gif

I like to think that I''ve honed the skill from YEARS of practice. It used to be a sport for my older sister and I around Christmas-time. Needless to say we''ve gotten very good at it (and at acting surprised when we actually get the gift)

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Aaaaahhh!!! Gorgeous! Congratulations, it''s beautiful!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s so gorgeous! I certainly can''t wait until he puts it on your finger himself!

Early congrats, MissPinky!

SeattleSweetheart

Shiny_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Wowie Zowie!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Beautiful ring!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOVE THE HAND SHOT!!! GORGEOUS
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/16/2008 11:44:34 AM
Alright, I am going to preface this post with a disclaimer. I know I am awful when it comes to surprises. I have figured out every Christmas present and nearly every birthday present from the time I was 6 years old unless the gift was bought the day of the holiday. I''m impatient, nosey, and can be very sneaky myself. So....

Dear FI went out about 10 minutes ago to run some errands. I took the opportunity to look for my ring. I found it. I put it on. I took a picture with my phone. I put it back. I will not mention this ever happening to FI and will adamantly deny it if accused. Or blame it all on you guys
27.gif

Without further ado, here is the only handshot you will get until he actually gives me the ring. P.S.--ignore the awful looking hangnail please

YOU ARE A BRAT!!!

But we
emlove.gif
you!

I promise not to tell.....but you''d better get the thing on your finger for real VERY SOON!

LS

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
I honestly can''t believe I''m typing this....seriously shaking my head in disbelief.....and I''m probably just being overly critical from having stared at the picture for several hours....BUT do you guys think my ring looks too big? Like in terms of stone to halo size proportions? (I can''t believe I really typed the words "too big" in regards to jewelery size...) Does it look too big on my finger?

I seriously think I''m just being paranoid, but I need a little reassurance that I haven''t crossed the border into more-appropriate-for-cocktail-rings land.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2008 6:37:15 PM
I honestly can''t believe I''m typing this....seriously shaking my head in disbelief.....and I''m probably just being overly critical from having stared at the picture for several hours....BUT do you guys think my ring looks too big? Like in terms of stone to halo size proportions? (I can''t believe I really typed the words ''too big'' in regards to jewelery size...) Does it look too big on my finger?

I seriously think I''m just being paranoid, but I need a little reassurance that I haven''t crossed the border into more-appropriate-for-cocktail-rings land.
face23.gif
KNOCK IT OFF!
face23.gif

it is beautiful!

LS

ahappygirl

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful. Not that I should be saying anything till it''s official....
2.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
It turned out perfect! And it looks great on your hand :)

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Miss pinky that is AWESOME!! I hope he doesn''t make you wait too long!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
And no it is NOT too big, it''s perfect!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is PERFECTLY AMAZING and looks fab on your finger!!!!

Lori

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2008 12:08:59 AM
Author: LostSapphire

Date: 8/16/2008 11:44:34 AM

27.gif

YOU ARE A BRAT!!!

But we
emlove.gif
you!

I promise not to tell.....but you''d better get the thing on your finger for real VERY SOON!

LS
Ditto that, LOL!

And as for it being too big - no, I think it''s beautiful. Wear it with pride (when he gives it to you, LOL) and love every mm of the yummy pinkness.

Trust me, my .75 solitaire looked huge when I first started wearing it. You''re not used to seeing something on your hand- it takes a while to get used to the look of it.
1.gif

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
GUESS WHAT''S BACK ON MY FINGER FOR GOOD!

That''s right, my pink lovely is back on my finger for good! Now I''m searching for my camera so I can have a proper photo shoot. Stay tuned!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
HURRY UP!!!!

He proposed?! YAY!!! Congrats!!!

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/20/2008 11:34:32 AM
Author: FrekeChild
HURRY UP!!!!

He proposed?! YAY!!! Congrats!!!

Yep. He technically proposed 3ish months ago and we''ve been busy planning since. He used a really simple (but beautiful) white gold half eternity band which I''m planning on using as my wedding band and said that we could design the ring of my dreams together.

Yesterday we were in his hometown and he took me to the butterfly house--MILLIONS of butterflies everywhere, it was the most beautiful place I have ever been. He did the whole down on one knee thing and asked me again to be his wife. I cried (again) and didn''t have my camera to capture the moment (again).

I''m finding the cord to connect my camera now...

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock

CIMG1588.jpg

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock

CIMG1589.jpg

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock

CIMG1592.jpg

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock

CIMG1593.jpg

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock

CIMG1595.jpg

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
6?

CIMG1598.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results