shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Pet Rock!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Looking

Rough_Rock
Well we just got back from getting the stone appraised. I ordered the stone from Diamond Brokers of Florida and would highly recommend them (more on that later.)
I am extremely happy to report that everything checked out almost 100%. The almost part is that the AGS graded it as an "F" and the appraiser thought it more a low F/high G based on his set of master stones. I felt I got a very thorough appraisal and learned a lot about the stone. He pointed out the inclusions under the microscope and took many pictures to document them for future security and identification purposes.
The stone is a .901 AGS 0, H and A, F (or F/G) color and SI clarity. No Flourescence. He said it was one of the better SI's. Totally eye clean. It rated a 1 on the HCA and is incredibly brilliant. It scored Very High on all three measures on the B-scope report provided to me by the seller.
The appriaser gave me the wholesale cost and what would be a "fair" retail cost based on current market averges. He was shocked to hear that I got it for a bit less than the wholesale price. So needless to say we are extremely happy and feel that we got an awesome diamond and an awesome price!

jamesd

Shiny_Rock
No need to worry about that low F to high G either - that's easily within the "F" range and normal uncertainty in color grading.

Looking

Rough_Rock
Oops! I forgot to mention that I used Martin Fuller from Martin Fuller and Associates of Mclean, VA for the appraisal. Thanks to all of you who suggested him (I think it was Jim, Dave A., and Leonid) He was extremely pleasant and informative. He did everything I had read that an experienced appraiser is supposed to do and more. I will go back after I purchase the setting to have that documented and added to the appraisal.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Looking! Enjoy your diamond.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results