shape
carat
color
clarity

My new pendant...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Well, who knows how big this picture will be since I''ve had a heck of a time sizing it and I''ve lost two good pictures. But enough about that...This is my old diamond from my wedding ring. It''s .93c, J color and I-I clarity. Not the greatest of specs, but it makes for a pretty pendant, IMO. The stone is not as yellow as this picture looks. It''s a Stuller half-bezel setting on an 18 inch white gold chain.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Let's see if this one is not the same one I just posted, lol.

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
very pretty patty
1.gif
i like the half bezel, do you where it everyday? i'm the type that would wear a pendant like that everyday, simple and goes with everything!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh Patty I LOVE it.
Another great recycling job.
appl.gif
appl.gif
wavey.gif

It's beautiful

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Nan and KBerly. As for wearing it every day, we'll see. It will be a Christmas gift, LOL! I'm LOLing b/c my new stone in my wedding ring is my Christmas gift too and I'm not supposed to be wearing it yet.
11.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Patty, this is excellent! And I love the chain--very unique. Another top-notch recycling project by Patty!
love.gif

I love this style necklace--I wear mine almost everyday (although mine is only 1/2 ct
2.gif
) I think you'll really enjoy this piece.

Enjoy--it's a classic!
appl.gif

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Patty,

Very nice! I have been thinking of putting my first e ring diamond in a bezel like you have. What length is it? Did you go to a local jeweler or internet. I believe we live in the same city. I do love your necklace! Enjoy it!

Best,

Lori

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Patty, how very delicious. Before Pricescope, I would never have thought hmmm bezel. Now, I think I need one too.
9.gif
You have lovely taste in jewelry. This is simply elegant.

Shay

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Jennifer, Shay and yellowfan! Here is one more shot. Now I need to put away my daughter's camera...It's her Christmas gift!
9.gif

The chain is 18 inches, yellowfan. Yes, I have a local jeweler here in St. Louis whom I really like. I wasn't sure about the style of the chain but the jeweler and his co-workers all voted for this one over a more traditional link chain so I went with it. He said I can swap it out any time if I change my mind.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Don't forget the neck shots!
naughty.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Shhhh...The Christmas camera's battery is re-charging! And I'll have to try to do it in a mirror tomorrow b/c my daughters don't know about this and my husband already thinks I'm insane.
1.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Patty,

Your pendant is beautiful. Glad you found a great style for your sentimental stone.

enjoy!

Michelle

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Patty....don't worry about it. Picture this:

Me, sick with bronchitis, standing in my bathroom with flannel PJ bottoms on topped with a black low-cut silk V-neck sweater, no make-up, ratty hair, photographing myself with a diamond necklace.
rolleyes.gif
9.gif

My husband just looked and ran back down the steps.
sick.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/24/2004 12:16:43 AM Jennifer5973 wrote:

Me, sick with bronchitis, standing in my bathroom with flannel PJ bottoms on topped with a black low-cut silk V-neck sweater, no make-up, ratty hair, photographing myself with a diamond necklace.
rolleyes.gif
9.gif

sick.gif
----------------

LOL!
The things we women must endure!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/24/2004 12:16:43 AM Jennifer5973 wrote:

rolleyes.gif
9.gif

sick.gif
----------------

LMAO! Of course, he'd already seen you photographing the diamond ring towers, so he must not have been too surprised!

Thank you Michelle! I am somewhat attached to this diamond even though it's report card isn't the greatest.
2.gif

My hubby and daughter have been stressed out watching the Cardinals lose to the Red Sox and I've been busy trying to photograph a necklace that I'm not supposed to have yet on a camera that I'm not supposed to be using.
2.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/24/2004 12:21:33 AM Patty wrote:

----------------
... I've been busy trying to photograph a necklace that I'm not supposed to have yet on a camera that I'm not supposed to be using.
2.gif

----------------

LOVE it. Now that's a girl after my own heart.
11.gif
3.gif
2.gif

slammie

Shiny_Rock
Hahaha...that's okay, my hubbie thinks I'm insane too. It's lovely! and I love the chain too...it's different from what you normally see. Please post some more pics!!!

That's it, I'm going to start rummaging to see what I can recycle!!! Does anyone know if it's worth recutting a amerthyst and who does it? I would love to have my mom's 5 carat one recut and give it to her in a new setting...

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Slammie, clutist just had her sapphire recut by Richard Homer through Wink. it came out just incredibly. Here is the link:

Cflutist's sapphire recut

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
It looks great Patty! I too like the chain you chose. I never would have thought to put it in a half bezel. What a wonderful idea! Enjoy it!

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Oohhh! How pretty, Patty! I love the different chain, gives it great personality!
1.gif

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Patty,

I love it!!

It is simple and elegant, yet not common.

I'm not usually a bezel kind of girl, but this has changed my mind.

Wear it in good health!

1.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Thank you slammie, didi, quaeritur, and Kaili! I was inspired to do the half bezel after seeing the pictures of pqcollectibles gorgeous half bezel pendant she had from Whiteflash. She no longer has it, but it was beautiful! Here is a much better shot of mine:

Patty

Ideal_Rock
And here's the requested neck shot:

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
WOW. That is beautiful...I love an elegant pendant!!!! Love it!!!

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
That's one beautiful pendant Patty!
love.gif
And the necklace suits the pendant perfectly
1.gif
It looks terrific on you
appl.gif

How are you going to wait til christmas?! It's like two months away.....
6.gif

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Patty,

That is very pretty. You can wear that with anything from casual to dressy, very classic. Congrats!
9.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Thank you mmm, alexah and icelady!

I'll be able to wait on this, alexah. I'm not much of a necklace person. In fact the only jewelry I usually wear is my wedding ring or my anniversary ring and diamond band on my left hand. Wearing a ring on my right hand is dressing up for me! I got some .25c equivalent CZ earrings from Wink last year and those are the only earrings I've worn since then. For someone on a diamond board, I'm not much for wearing jewelry, lol. But I DO love diamonds!

It's MUCH harder for me to not be wearing my wedding ring. I'm not supposed to be wearing that b/c the new diamond in it is part of my Christmas gift, but I mean, if I DID wear it, no one would even notice, would they? And what Mr. Patty doesn't know won't hurt him will it?
2.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Patty, your pendant is very pretty. The mounting really shows off the diamond. Enjoy and wear it in good health.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the neck shot Patty- I love it.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
What a splendid looking pendant Patty.
appl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results