shape
carat
color
clarity

my new pendant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
This is a diamond heart pendant I got for Valentine''s Day from DH.
I would like hints on how to get a better picture! I couldn''t take the picture (taken in the mirror) without getting the camera in it. Then, I couldn''t crop the picture to get the camera out. Plus you can''t see the heart very well. It''s really very pretty. I looked under FAQs and found directions on editing and uploading photos, but they didn''t match my version of PAINT.
Thanks

heartpendant7.JPG

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I would try taking it off to photograph it. It has a nice presence on your neck, I''d love to see more.

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
I did try that, but the off neck photos are all blur. You can''t see anything, really.
I might try again tomorrow in the sunlight.

It''s a heart shape diamond, .70 carat, 6.3mm. It''s set in white gold with D-rings at the side. I don''t know the rest of the specs--the diamond came out of a ring and we had it reset at a local jeweller. I asked him to copy a DeBeers pendant, and it looks very much like it, except he added one prong for stability.

The diamond is far from perfect--it has lots of white inclusions when you look up close, but it REALLY sparkles, and its white enough to look good in white gold. thanks for your interest

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks nice. Have another person take the photo with you wearing the pendant. I just have a terrible time with the mirror shots. And then to get rid of the blur when it''s off your neck use the Macro setting (the flower icon) if you''re not already doing so.

Good Luck! Post your results.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BJ, I just took photos of my own neck and necklace and it wasn''t very easy but it wasn''t impossible. Ears for some reason are impossible. Anywho, point the camera at your neck and watch the viewfinder/distance/focus in the mirror. Just the opposite of how you''re holding the camera in your photo. It will take probably a dozen tries to get one good pic.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2010 8:30:46 AM
Author: gemgirl
BJ, I just took photos of my own neck and necklace and it wasn''t very easy but it wasn''t impossible. Ears for some reason are impossible. Anywho, point the camera at your neck and watch the viewfinder/distance/focus in the mirror. Just the opposite of how you''re holding the camera in your photo. It will take probably a dozen tries to get one good pic.
Nice necklace. I can''t wait to see a closer pic! I do as gemgirl says. I try to use the mirror to see the viewfinder and take a picture that way.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
very pretty

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How did I miss this? It''s beautiful! I always struggle with pics too, only suggestion I have it to try the flower setting...hope you can post more pics, would love to see more shots of this pretty pendant.

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for encouragement.
I will try your suggestions. I hope I get a good photo and will post when I do.

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s another shot, in sunlight.

bjheart021.JPG

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
I''m getting a wierd reflection off my magnifying glass, but I still think its a little bit of an improvement.

bjheart022.JPG

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
Best attempt at a neck shot.
I went out today and the necklace was much admired. It sparkles so much in person that it surprises me--I heard that hearts weren''t supposed to sparkle. I wouldn''t say that this one is well-cut, either. I don''t know the specs, but its cut for spread-- its .70 carat but faces up at 6.3mm It was in a ring when we bought it, which wasn''t too good--it has a lot of white inclusions which were visible in the ring. But in necklace form, you can''t see them, and they don''t interrupt the sparkle.
It was priced very RIGHT and my jeweller did a beautiful job setting it. I''m very happy. I just wish I had this picture thing down better. I tried taking photos of my earrings, which were bought with much pricescope advice over a year ago. But I got nothing but blur for them.

BJHEART023.JPG

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
Just saw where it says that taking pictures of earrings yourself are impossible. Maybe I''ll get my son to take some. I got the neck photo by doing as advised and looking in the viewfinder in the mirror.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks great on your neck, such a good size. Very delicate yet also good presence.

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
That is a very lovely and sweet heart shaped diamond pendant you own there!

Good choice for putting it in a pendant!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!!!!!!!!!!!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! It looks like a real sparkler!!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
it''s beautiful!

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Soooo pretty!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results