shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Pendant and Earrings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

piccolascimmia

Shiny_Rock
Hi all!

Tomorrow is D-Day...I go to FedEx to pick up these beauties...and Blue Nile should also be delivering the other pendant to my office tomorrow too! My original thread figuring out what I wanted/bought is here.

36.gif

mlp_1212c.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
Gorgeous!!! I hope your camera is charged...
31.gif
3.gif

piccolascimmia

Shiny_Rock
Thanks FG, its in its charger just waiting for this moment.
30.gif

We''ll have to see how my photo skills are with my neck and ears...I hear those spots are infamously hard to photograph on yourself!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooo, gorgeous! Can''t wait to see them on you.
30.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Yay!! Now get that camera ready....
31.gif
3.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
They''ll be beautiful!
30.gif

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Those look beautiful! You must be excited to get the matched set! Please take a neck shot with the necklace if you can. I am thinking about getting one to go with my martini studs. Enjoy your new pieces!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Is the BN necklace also a martini?

Can''t wait to see the pictures!

piccolascimmia

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Catmom, Rascal, Anchor, HooCares, Jelly...Only 24 hours away!

The BN necklace is a bezel set...they dont carry a martini/3 prong option. I can''t wait to see the wf G and the bn I with very strong fluorescence next to each other...

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
This is so exciting! I can''t wait to see all of these new goodies when they arrive and see what you think!!! Post pics for us as soon as you can.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Wow! What beautiful baubles! I cannot wait to see more pics!!!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
How exciting! I can''t wait to see pictures.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, can''t wait to see earshots and neckshots!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can''t wait for ear and neck shots, lol! Very pretty choices, btw!
36.gif

piccolascimmia

Shiny_Rock
Ok, so the night when I desperately need to wrap and ship my presents to California so they get there before Christmas is the same night I receive both necklaces and the earrings! So of course I had to try to get any shots I could. And this morning I took a few outside...so they will follow this post!

I really don''t know how I''m going to choose between these 2 necklaces...I like them both for different reasons! The martini is delicate/gorgeous and the BN bezel is similar, and makes the same size stone look larger. The I color doesn''t bother me at all.

In the end, the WF option cost $998 (289+709), and the BN cost $737 (150+587). If I keep to my budget, then the studs plus the BN puts me $80 over my $1k budget, but the WF would put me to $350 over. Which do y''all prefer?

And I LOVE the RSG WF studs (.20 tcw). They are perfect to ''class up'' my extra holes (which I got from impulsive college friendship statements, heh). I can''t wait to someday get bigger ones for the main piercings!

piccolascimmia

Shiny_Rock
And the 2 necklaces outside

DSCN1662.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The earrings are perfect! And the necklaces are both pretty, but I prefer the bezel''d one from BN. It does look bigger and I think the bezel "defines" the stone a bit.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2006 11:33:23 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
The earrings are perfect! And the necklaces are both pretty, but I prefer the bezel''d one from BN. It does look bigger and I think the bezel ''defines'' the stone a bit.
ditto verbatim what deejay said about the necklaces! I was thinking every word just as she said it lol

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I agree. The studs are gorgeous and I prefer the bezel set pendant. It really does give the diamond an extra "kick" in my opinion.

piccolascimmia

Shiny_Rock
Sundial, Cehrabehra, Dee*Jay - I''m glad you solidified what I was thinking...I love both, but the BN is cheaper and just plain looks bigger! And not that this should be a reason to decide, but the BN is so EASY to get photos of the arrows :) I guess in my heart I wanted the WF to work out, so I could be matchy matchy, but with the cost difference and my fiancee also preferring the BN... I think we have a winner!

Any other opinions?

DSCN1711a.jpg

piccolascimmia

Shiny_Rock
and one closer up of the WF (gosh, wearing it less than one day make it so dirty!)

DSCN1686a.jpg

piccolascimmia

Shiny_Rock
Oh, and one last question...do you think the BN bezel chain thingy makes it look like mickey mouse? I read that in a thread somewhere, and the phrase/critique is stuck in my head as something I DONT want
31.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually like that the rings that attach to the chain are a little bigger and heavier than the links of the chain itself, and I don't think it looks "mickey mousey" (although I do see where you're coming from with that!).

BTW, your pendant is the perfect size too! I have a .5 ct in a while gold bezel and I just got a .45 ct in a yellow gold bezel (although it has some sort of tear-drop doo-hickey attached to it so it looks different) and I think they go with everything. Blingy enough but not too blingy to wear with anything. Perfect!

piccolascimmia

Shiny_Rock
Dee*Jay...thanks! I''m intending to wear this 24/7 like I do the rest of my jewelry...If I take it off I''ll forget to put it back on!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I don't think the Blue Nile chain rings look Mickey Mouse at all and it is probably much more delicate in real life than it appears magnified in these photos. I think that pendant is a perfect everyday piece. The diamond looks fantastic and I actually prefer the fact that it is not all matchy matchy with your studs. Enjoy!!!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
piccolo, just wondering what you had decided! I don''t know how I''d choose, both pendants are really beautiful!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous...I too definitely prefer the bezel on the pendant.
36.gif

piccolascimmia

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/21/2006 12:46:31 PM
Author: gailrmv
piccolo, just wondering what you had decided! I don''t know how I''d choose, both pendants are really beautiful!

Thanks! I went ahead and kept the BN bezel set...for the $$, beauty of the stone and the setting, I just couldnt justify keeping the WF martini, although I was tempted to keep both! In the future, I definitely want another solitaire or a DBTY necklace to wear with it...I like the layered look.

I''ll take more photos later, but I leave first thing tomorrow for a week long carribean cruise! So I''ll post in the new year Thanks all!!!

36.gif

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Great stuff! I really love that bezel pendant - the stone looks so big on you. It''s very flattering - great choice!

Now I want a bezel pendant too!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results