shape
carat
color
clarity

My new peachy pink malaya!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 6:27:27 PM
Author:innerkitten
It got here in just two days. I thought the mail from Yuma was supposed to be slow? Anyway I LOVE my new stone. It''s usually pink, sometimes peachy and a few shades in between. It''s from Bekily Madgascar, and was from some vein that was mined around 1999 to 2000. Barry say''s it''s been hard to find rough like it again. I guess it''s discussed in a back issue of Gems & Gemology. Anyway here are some pics!

Very pretty, I''m jealous!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 8:57:10 PM
Author: innerkitten
Thanks guys. I think everyone should have one. Get em while you can!

Chrono, maybe after you get the tsav?

TL, I think your stone looks great with the rosier metal.

Nice ring Gailey, I so know what you mean about buying too many stones and then never getting around to setting them. I''m trying to be careful too. I want a deep purple amethyst in the near future. But otherwise I''m saving my money so I can actually get a few things set.
Me too!

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful - I love the color of this stone! Have fun deciding how to set it . . . can''t wait to see!
1.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to set it but I don''t think it will be till summer time
7.gif
and it will be a budget setting.
It gives me lots of time to think about it though.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Yes thats the article TL. Barry say''s it''s an interesting issue and worth back ordering. It also has an article on california Spessartite. So basically it''s an issue for the garnet lovers.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love all the malayas I''ve been seeing on here! If I didn''t have the pad, I''d go for one of these for sure! Congrats!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Ooh it looks lovely! Mine''s also from Bekily - I think there''s definitely a Malaya craze - yay! I wonder if Barry''s like, "wth? I keep getting requests for all these malayas!"
2.gif
Please take/post more pics!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
BEG. I will post some more pics. Yeah, I did notice the last one on his site ( ACS) had been sold. It does seem to be a very popular stone right now. Like I said before, I think it''s a must for every collection. Kind of like spessartite.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results