shape
carat
color
clarity

My new OMC ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I've wrestled with our new digicam and have taken pictures of my new OMC ring. This is a .096 H Old Mine Cut that Dave Atlas' company had on consignment. The ring is a platinum Tacori with extra engraving down the shank.

OMCringtopsm.jpg

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
From the side:

OMCringsidesm.jpg

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
And the last view:

OMCringfrontsm.jpg

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Okay, not sure why the first picture disappeared when I added the other two, so here is the stone again.

OMCringtopsmall1.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Hest88-I really like the unique style of cutting in the OMC. First time I have seen a ring set with that style of cut on the forum. Refreshing to see someone appreciate a different look in a older style of cutting....
I was curious as to the size..You list the size as being a .09 ct. is this correct???

-Josh Rioux
Sitka, Alaska
4.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Scorpion. I'm really fond of OMCs and even briefly contemplated not having it set--just so I could admire its "lumpiness" from all angles! The orginial picture, which I resized down considerable for this forum, shows it in even more detail.

It's actually a .96. The depth of the cut, though, makes it look smaller face up than my .82 EC.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I adore the old cut stones too. I really like the cushion cuts as well as the OMC's. Was considering an older stone when we were looking but ended up going RB. However, I have many fingers and hopefully will be able to indulge in my other cut loves in the future. Beautiful pictures and ring!!
1.gif

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Hest

Your ring is gorgeous...I, as you well know, adore OMC's.

I got a line on one yesterday that is over 2, 2.17 I think, H Color, and VVS.

He's gonna scope it out for me today.

He's actually thinking of recutting it, since it isn't selling as an OMC.

Waaah!!

win

Boom

Shiny_Rock
winyan,

It'd be a shame for such a big OMC to be re-cut. Do you think you could 'save' it?
2.gif

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Boom

I'd love to 'save' it. I've been trying to dream of ways to do exactly that. Unfortunately, during the recession, I'm coming off about 18 months of downsizing, so my funds are pretty nil.

Maybe I'll get lucky and win the lottery or something.

win

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results