shape
carat
color
clarity

My new (old) wedding band...What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock

When my grandmother passed away a few months ago, my family gave my fiance and me her wedding band, knowing that we were going to need one soon! It was WAY(!) too big for me, and not really my taste, but I really wanted to use the diamonds in it for my own wedding band, especially given the sentimental value. Even though the diamonds are bigger than those in my e-ring, i had them made into a band using the exact same bead-set design. I THINK they look ok together...what do you think???

First, here is a picture of what the original wedding band looked like: (by the way, I will be using the extra marquis diamonds to make either earrrings or a pendant)

ttdjgrandma.JPG

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the band by itself:

ttdjband1.JPG

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
and here they are together:

ttdjband4.JPG

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
last one:
Thanks for looking. :)

ttdjband8.JPG

widget

Ideal_Rock
I think they look just fine together. And there''s the nice advantage of having a slightly bigger WB to wear alone when you want to...

The sentiment behind the band is of course priceless!
30.gif

(Now I''m off on a search to read up about that FABULOUS cushion and beautiful mounting!!!
3.gif
)

widget

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The rings are beautiful together!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!! I think they look great together and I agree with widget that it can easily be a stand alone band as well for the days that you may not want to wear that honking cushion! I, too, have to check out your old threads to get the scoop on that baby! But I think the band looks great and the sentimental value is priceless. Glad you'll be making use of the other stones too. Your grandma would be really happy. Congratulations!

ETA I found your e-ring thread here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/gorgeous-new-ering-but-im-a-bit-biased.47132/ Now I remember it well. Absolutely stunning!!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Looks good together. I agree. If you wanted to wear the band alone, it is substantial enough to. How nice to wear something so sentimental. Love the combo.

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Curlygirl, DJ, Gothgirl and Widget! The more I look at the 2 together, the more I'm liking them so that's good!!
And I appreciate your feedback too. I think you guys are right...it might be nice to wear the wedding band solo every once in a while (although as it is, I can't bear to be separated from my ering for too long
1.gif
!).

Also, thanks for adding my original link...I was just going to do it myself and you save me the trouble!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OH! I LOVE it!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

It looks beautiful with your e-ring. And I LOVE the story behind it. Congratulations!!!
30.gif

susi

Shiny_Rock
These two rings compliment each other, beautifully. They both stand alone nicely, too. With the band''s stones being just a little larger, it will stand by itself as will the ering....both are fabulous!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, I LOVE that you used your grandmother''s diamonds. What did you do with the rest of them? They make a great set!!!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Wow, those are perfect together. I''m sure your grandma would be happy to know that her diamonds will be worn and enjoyed and kept in the family. Very nice of her to leave them to you.

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/20/2006 7:46:54 PM
Author:lover in athens

When my grandmother passed away a few months ago, my family gave my fiance and me her wedding band, knowing that we were going to need one soon! It was WAY(!) too big for me, and not really my taste, but I really wanted to use the diamonds in it for my own wedding band, especially given the sentimental value. Even though the diamonds are bigger than those in my e-ring, i had them made into a band using the exact same bead-set design. I THINK they look ok together...what do you think???

Yeah, I GUESS they look OK.
20.gif
I love it!
30.gif

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Love the band with the e-ring.

For those interested, I looked up the specs on the old mine cut diamond: 2.5 cts. F/VS1

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Wow, beautiful!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look beautiful together, and I love the sentiment behind your wedding ring!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LIA, I think the band goes very well with your e-ring! It''s so cool that you were able to take something passed on to you and make it your own.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks great with your e-ring, I love shared prong rings! All I see is bling, but yet it''s so delicate.

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
wow it''s beautiful!! and it''s great that it belonged to a person so special in your life!!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I love the new band.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just lovely! What did you end up doing with the marquise stones?

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! that is beautiful!
18.gif

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
thank you guys so much for all the kind words. i''m definitely feeling reassured about the differing sizes of the diamonds!

anyway, now i''m going to ask for more help...
WHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD DO WITH THE MARQUISE STONES??

the jeweler who has them now is suggesting drop earrings with a tanzanite (?) stone at the end...
I was also thinking about maybe a necklace.
any suggestions??

THANKS!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to say it looks great!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results