shape
carat
color
clarity

My "new old" estate baguette band!

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
My second SMTB thread in 2 days - attention seeker, lol!

This thread is to introduce the beautiful band my husband gave me for my birthday recently. It's an estate 18K gold piece, 0.41tcw made up 7 x 5pt baguettes + 6 x 1pt baguettes. Milgrained double rails.

The price on this was insanely good and I liked the look of the pics on eBay - however these did not prepare me in the SLIGHTEST for how gorgeous the piece is! It's in amazing condition, the stones are immaculately matched and the only other milgrain I have seen that is this fine is on my Leon Mege eternity bands. Stones are said to be H VS-SI, but they look no less white than my E emerald cut and I can only see one tiny speck in one of the larger stones right over to one side, and that is squinting from 5 inches away.

As with all step cut stones, the band is extremely difficult to photograph. One or two of the stones always looks dark due to camera obstruction - but in real life all the stones are bright, white and glimmer in that seductive steppy way... They produce the same mad fire as my ER does but on a smaller scale; unfortunately couldn't capture this today as it's really overcast.

Without further ado - the pictures!

Just the band...

Hand shots:

PancakeBB1.jpg

PancakeBB2.jpg

PancakeBBhand1.jpg

PancakeBBhand2.jpg

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
One more hand shot:

With its step cut friend, my (very dirty!) EC engagement ring:

And one last one, modelled by our beautiful and spoilt Burmese:

Thanks for having a look!

PancakeBBhand3.jpg

PancakeBBER.jpg

PancakeBBER2.jpg

PancakeBBcat.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ooh pancake I love it!!!!

lokelani

Rough_Rock
Oh my!! :love: What an absolutely stunning compliment to your EC! It's just so...regal looking! Lovely!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, it is stunning!! As is your entire collection, pancake! And your kitty is ridiculously adorable :appl:

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks gals!

slg - thanks! I love it too!

Lokelani - I love how the band and the ER kind of fit a step-cut "theme"! I don't plan to wear them together, though - the band will live on my right hand, and I have a few wedding band options for my left already :oops:

DandiAndi - thank you! She's currently lying next to me with her nose smooshed up against my leg, lol. This is what she was doing when I employed her as a jewellery model:

I have to confess that every time I take the camera out to take photos of jewellery I end up sneaking in a few shots of her too :lol:

Pancakecat.jpg

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my, that is a beautfiul ring. It looks wonderful.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous band!

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE your band, but then, I am partial to baguettes and kittehs.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Can we have a hand shot with both the new band and the ering? The new band is gorgeous! I'm partial to baguettes. Though I've heard they have to be of good clarity to look good. Yours look fab!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, it's just lovely! :love:

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Its GORGEOUS!!! How do you guys find these treasures on ebay? I never find anything like that when I look!!! I must be doing something wrong!!! :((
Anyway, enjoy your new ring....Your collection is STUNNING!!!! :appl:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new band is just beautiful and I love it next to your e-ring.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pancake, that is just gorgeous!! My gosh, what a find. Looks soooo pretty with your ering. And I love your kitty. a lot. :love:

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
Pancake, your new baguette band is stunning! It really is a "Wow" piece of jewelry. It pairs perfectly with your e-ring, too! I'm going crazy over here just looking at them together. So exquisite... I'm running out of adjectives here... :love: :appl: :appl: :appl: :love:

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Pancake, you are on an ebay roll! So far, I would DIE to have your studs and baguette band. Gorgeous finds!!! :love: :love: :love: (Maybe I should commission you to find me such great pieces. :naughty: )

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats really beautiful, goes great with your e-ring and looks perfect on! Perfect!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
L.U.R.V.E.

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
First, I want to say I LOVE your new treasure.

Second I was going to ask about ebay as well. I see soo many lucky shoppers here what is the trick :confused: :confused: :confused:

:bigsmile:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Wow - I love it! :cheeky:

And you have beautiful hands!!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: it looks fabulous on you! I was glad to read that another PSer snatched it up, when Circe decided against it!

And pretty kitty ::)

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks all! I was already thrilled with the band, and your compliments definitely compound the thrill :appl:

Re the eBay "finds" - there is no secret. There are, however, hours upon hours of trawling through dross! It goes in fits and starts - depends how much time I have and what tasks I have to procrastinate... the worse the task, the more I sift through eBay :lol:

I agree that the ring and my ER are a nice set in terms of the step-cut thing, however I don't want to wear them together because a) I already have my plain wedder and my split eternity wedders, and b) whilst the baguettes and the EC are a nice match, the rings themselves don't actually go that well together because the band is set much higher off the finger than my ER shank, and the "wraps" at the sides of the band kind of stick out when next to my smooth ER. Here are a couple of pics to demonstrate:

I do, however quite like the combination of the new band with my LM antique calibre bands - I think the symmetry of having one on each side alleviates my dislike of the differing profile heights:

What do you guys think? In reality I think I will probably wear this band alone as a RHR, with one of my wedding set combos on my LH.

BBER1.jpg

BBER2.jpg

BBLMs.jpg

BBLMs2.jpg

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
AAAh I love it with your LM stackers!! I had this band on my watch list on ebay and you seriously got a steal. Yes the pictures the seller had were magnificent and I was so tempted but I'm trying to be good. Looks so pretty on your hand congratulations! :appl:

mirre

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous!! :love: I have discovered a love for the baguettes set in that position! It looks great with your two tiny bands on either side.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DO you mind telling us the sellers name?

JillyC

Shiny_Rock
That's a great find! It looks really good on your hand too. I do really like it with the calibre bands.

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sorry to hear that you will be not wearing them together. :(( I am CRAZY in love with the way they go and look together. Then again, they do not belong to me. ;(

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!! I love it together with the other stacking bands!

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
I am liking it a lot with the stackers too! At the moment for work I am wearing just the ER and plain wetter on my LH, and the baguette band alone on the right. the LMbands are pretty delicate and I generally only wear them when not at work.

Venice - if the band was set lower and with the side wraps slightly closer together I think I would be a fan too, but the band does "swamp" the ER a bit - this probably doesn't show so well in the photos I posted. The band actually comes up to about a third of the way up the basket of my ER in profile.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results